Odyssey Triple Track Putters

It is the easiest to square putter I have ever used in my life. I blame @Luke WilliamsCG

I thought the Triple Track ball would drive me nuts, as I had pretty much always just used the white portion of the ball. Now its a struggle to not have it.

I have very limited time with TT balls. I think I played ERC for parts of 2-3 rounds last season, and the TT part didn't get a whole lot of action because of the headgames I started playing with myself.

indeed, I think it is largely what we used too. I use a single black line around the ball. I tried the triple track lines with my TT putter this past weekend and it did not do it for me. Went back to solid black line about hole 9. the red center line I think what I don't like. I want to see the black line clearly roll without wobble into the hole. Simply the red color I think was my objection.

Okay THPers, need some advice here.

I am giving up my custom green #7 and making the switch to the Marxman full time. My question is do I go regular, which I have or Triple Track. Here me out.

I currently use the Triple Track ball. If I make the switch to the putter also, I feel as though lining up will drive me crazy. Yet it doesnt with the ball, so maybe I am nuts. @Luke WilliamsCG got me going on the Marxman and I am a complete believer now.

Does anybody here use both and struggle with lining them up? Does anybody use a non-Triple Track Marxman with a Triple Track ball? Has anybody gone from one Marxman to the other?

hells to the no. nothing about the combo drives me crazy. i freaking love it. and my putting stats are showing it. arccos had me at +2.4 and +5.5 putting my last two rounds!

Didn’t bother me at all, in fact, it makes everything quicker and easier.

Moved from CStt to the Tour B RX ball, but stayed with the Triple Track Ten putter. I missed the triple track on the ball, so have a 3D printed tool to draw a triple track line on the RX balls.
It’s easy to line ball, then set up and line putter. I can’t argue with my on course results.

Okay THPers, need some advice here.

I am giving up my custom green #7 and making the switch to the Marxman full time. My question is do I go regular, which I have or Triple Track. Here me out.

I currently use the Triple Track ball. If I make the switch to the putter also, I feel as though lining up will drive me crazy. Yet it doesnt with the ball, so maybe I am nuts. @Luke WilliamsCG got me going on the Marxman and I am a complete believer now.

Does anybody here use both and struggle with lining them up? Does anybody use a non-Triple Track Marxman with a Triple Track ball? Has anybody gone from one Marxman to the other?

You're welcome JB! All Marxmans are great, Triple Track especially so, and if you use the ball it's a no-brainer. Get the ball lined up the way you want it, match the putter to the ball and go.

I'm going with no Triple Track. I think it would be a nightmare trying to line that many lines up and worrying if it looks off at all. I prefer using the TT ball and squaring the face with those lines.

You're welcome JB! All Marxmans are great, Triple Track especially so, and if you use the ball it's a no-brainer. Get the ball lined up the way you want it, match the putter to the ball and go.

Okay, I believe the convincing is over. I’m in.

Okay, I believe the convincing is over. I’m in.

Please what does he know? That company doesn’t even test anything.

Please what does he know? That company doesn’t even test anything.

Haha. In that case, I shall listen to @McLovin because during his laser test, he was like 6 inches off before and pretty much dead on with Triple Track.

Haha. In that case, I shall listen to @McLovin because during his laser test, he was like 6 inches off before and pretty much dead on with Triple Track.

I tend to listen to that guy too. Real life experiences

listening to me?!

Putting saved me today over and over. Think this modification helped me

75AEBD77-45E2-41FE-B9F5-E5EADDCC3066.jpeg

We have Sean Toulon on the live stream this coming week and I need to get dialed in on which putter I am going to use. Triple Track or non Marxman. Probably have to have Luke on after that as well.

I am leaning towards TT, because I asked myself WWMD (What Would @McLovin Do)

We have Sean Toulon on the live stream this coming week and I need to get dialed in on which putter I am going to use. Triple Track or non Marxman. Probably have to have Luke on after that as well.

I am leaning towards TT, because I asked myself WWMD (What Would @McLovin Do)

he’d make a lot of putts because he uses the marxman puTTer and cs20tt ball. that’s what he would do!!!

Even though I used the ERC Soft last year which came with TT and though I am now playing the 2020 CS with TT, I typically do not line up the ball when I putt. It never looks the same to me when I stand beside the ball as it does from behind. I also added the Ten with TT to my arsenal of putters fairly recently and generally saw some improvement in alignment just using the lines on it. Friday, just for the heck of it, on four holes in a row I lined up the TT on the ball and squared the Ten with TT to it. On 3 of the 4 I made birdie! All three were somewhat lengthy, the shortest being about 8' and they each had varying degrees of break. The one I missed broke as much left as I thought it would break right - a total misread. I may have to use the TT lines on the ball combined with the lines on the Ten more often!

Even though I used the ERC Soft last year which came with TT and though I am now playing the 2020 CS with TT, I typically do not line up the ball when I putt. It never looks the same to me when I stand beside the ball as it does from behind. I also added the Ten with TT to my arsenal of putters fairly recently and generally saw some improvement in alignment just using the lines on it. Friday, just for the heck of it, on four holes in a row I lined up the TT on the ball and squared the Ten with TT to it. On 3 of the 4 I made birdie! All three were somewhat lengthy, the shortest being about 8' and they each had varying degrees of break. The one I missed broke as much left as I thought it would break right - a total misread. I may have to use the TT lines on the ball combined with the lines on the Ten more often!

in addition to the TT, this video from Malaska has really helped me understand how what I ‘saw’ while over the ball was always different than when I lined up, and has helped me greatly improve my putting.

The TT Ten puts such a nice roll on the ball, and paired with the TT ball, it's deadly. Just one round with that combo, and I was absolutely floored.

I'm not sure how I feel about the stock grip, though. The shape/size of the pistol are great; and I actually love the blue/red look too. It just feels a little soft in my hand. I'm going to give it some more rounds before making any changes, but I do have a blue deep etched waiting just in case.

Cheap trial before I make a decision on my next putter... do I go triple track with a double wide or got Toulon Chicago.

Attachments

• 8B9687D3-0B0E-4524-A2FD-CA3B697AAA64.jpeg
    8B9687D3-0B0E-4524-A2FD-CA3B697AAA64.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 17
I have a black line on my white hot 2ball that taught me that helped me more then the balls. Do you not putt the 2-ball well? I was scared to change models because I putt the 2 balls across 3 prior models so well.

I'm falling in love with the TT Ten. 16 putts in 9 holes. While I didn't drain anything from deep, I was all over the hole throughout the round. And lag putting is so easy with the Ten.

I'm falling in love with the TT Ten. 16 putts in 9 holes. While I didn't drain anything from deep, I was all over the hole throughout the round. And lag putting is so easy with the Ten.

did you use tt on the ball too?

i played an impromptu round with my 9yo, a kid from his class and that kids dad yesterday. it was apparent that it would just be a low key fun round, but it was on a course with lots of hazards so i just used shag golf balls. i still made a lot of really good putts even without the alignmenTT aid. i still prefer tt, but the puTTer can be pretty darn close to equally effective on its own.

Last edited:

In all seriousness, this is the only club I can ever remember touching that has me reversing my stance on form over function. I wasn’t a fan of the look of Triple Track Ten vs the standard Ten. Now I can say with certainty, I wouldn’t go back.

love my TT Ten. So why am I looking at the Marxman? There’s something about it that I can’t help but wonder

Back