Odyssey Triple Track Putters

They'd kill their own sales doing that though. Produce one stencil at the price of even, say, a dozen balls where people have to buy just ONE time, or sell them multiple dozens? Easy choice.

yeah I can see that.

The more I hear about the success and the more pictures I'm seeing, it's definitely growing on me. I think I could start without a TT ball.

Getting more familiar with TT balls is on my list as well. I don't spend a ton of time with the alignment aid on my ball being perfectly aligned. So, with TT, I was missing a ton of putts as I could not adjust away from the line it was pointing at. So, I know that it works. I just have to get used to being methodical about lining it up.
I think you’ll be surprised with the tt ball. It made me line up quicker and felt effortless. A single line can take me a while to line up which I hate. The triple track on the ball is literally point and shoot, at least for me.

If it’s really that effective guess I need to give it a try. Honestly I’m having a hard time getting past the looks though.
Same boat here. These will definitely be tried as I can always use help with alignment, but the initial look is definitely not something I gravitate to based on the stock photos. The stuff THPers have posted don't look quite as bad though.

I think it'll surprise you.

Honestly, I think one thing this release kind of has working against it is the assumption by some they would have to use the TT ball for it to "work". I actually prefer it without.
This is such good news for me. I like to use alignment lines on golf balls to practice sometimes to check my roll, but generally don't use them for aiming. The 2ball and the Marxman would be my target shapes, but hard to say which would win.

Putter fitting will be scheduled very soon. (y) Loving the look of TT Ten.

Helping with alignment and setting the putter square to the target is 2/3 of the battle. For the last 1/3, does it help return the putter to square at contact, especially for those who don't use a straight back putting stroke?

Helping with alignment and setting the putter square to the target is 2/3 of the battle. For the last 1/3, does it help return the putter to square at contact, especially for those who don't use a straight back putting stroke?
I'm an arc putter and have had no issues at all. Was one of my first thoughts/questions as well.

I think you’ll be surprised with the tt ball. It made me line up quicker and felt effortless. A single line can take me a while to line up which I hate. The triple track on the ball is literally point and shoot, at least for me.

I agree.

I am generally not a ball-liner-upper. I can just never trust the single line for whatever reason. While I still prefer a Truvis ball, the TT lines are far more confidence inspiring, to me, than a single line and much easier to lineup.

I made this to scale right from a TT ball. A little grip tape and cut to fit. Wa!La! Triple Track on any putter I chose to try it on.
1580316369853.png

My biggest takeaway continues to be that its amazing how many self proclaimed bad putters actually have good technique/strokes but no recognition at all of aim.

This review has reminded me of when SeeMore put me on the laser in Franklin and I was aimed a foot and a half right of where I thought I was. Same revelatory reaction here as I come around to using this now. Visually, its not the most attractive, and that will undoubtedly push some away and keep some from even thinking about them, which is a shame, but the bottom line is the lines do work.

And from 10 and in its definitely even more confidence building.

This is exactly what I was thinking. But the TT is a quite visual reminder to help take better aim. Should work very well.

That will be interesting to see, the tour guys are who can benefit the least from this tech , where as the rest of us could use as much assistance in this area. Sometimes good ideas for the masses don't get traction because they are good for the masses, not the elite. That said it only takes one or two tour guys to get it out there.

I would expect TT to catch on bigger on the Champions Tour first. It will be interesting to see who the early adopters are on the PGA & LPGA tours.

I would expect TT to catch on bigger on the Champions Tour first. It will be interesting to see who the early adopters are on the PGA & LPGA tours.
I could see the LPGA first, the Champions Tour Guys usually are excellent putters, and they play on less severe greens than regular tour at a slower speed. The LPGA girls use to have their caddies line them up on shots and putts way more frequently than the men did. So I think such an alignment aide would catch on there first.

I wasn't a fan of the triple track alignment when it came out last year. I do however like to use a single line on my golf ball. For that reason I am out on this putter line.

I'm not a fan of the look at all and not sure I could stand it but man, you guys are making it tough to ignore. I'm a big fan of the 2 Ball and at some point I need to check one out. I really don't think I could use the TT putter and ball together though, I don't think my little brain could handle that combo. I think it still makes sense to try putter only though to see how it impacts hitting my intended line.

I'm not a fan of the look at all and not sure I could stand it but man, you guys are making it tough to ignore. I'm a big fan of the 2 Ball and at some point I need to check one out. I really don't think I could use the TT putter and ball together though, I don't think my little brain could handle that combo. I think it still makes sense to try putter only though to see how it impacts hitting my intended line.
I can’t either. The putter is fine but in combo with the ball it just doesn’t work for me. Putter alone works great and have no issues.
I just turn the lines away on the ball.

ball.jpeg

I may need to stop at the store on the way home and check these out.

I got a chance to play around with a few of the models over lunch and came away with a few thoughts. First off I have to admit that lining up the TT putter with the TT ball isn't as overwhelming to my mind as I thought it would be. The lines actually seem to lock in together pretty well and I didn't have any issues. Would I use both in the real world? I'm not sure yet but I'm way more open to it after seeing it in person.

I know the Double Wide with TT has been discussed and my personal opinion is just don't see it being nearly as impactful as the rest of the lineup. It's probably helpful to some extent but having that top line break up the continuity of the alignment and your target or ball really lessens it IMO.

The TT looks better in person than how it shows in pictures. To me it looks somewhat cheap in pictures but in person it's actually well done.

Overall I think if you're someone that has a decent and repeatable putting stroke it could definitely be a benefit to put in play. You still need to be able to return the putter to square and get the proper read but if you have that accomplished it should absolutely help sink more putts.

I'm an arc putter and have had no issues at all. Was one of my first thoughts/questions as well.

i appreciate this feedback, because I was wondering whether those with arc'd strokes would struggle with the linear visuals.

a client who is also an avid golfer stopped in today, and I told him a little about the trip. we got to talking about these puTTers and he had a lot of questions because he said his putting is the worst part of his game. so I went out to my car and got a tt ball and my puTTer, and set it up so he could see. his first reaction was "is this legal?!" haha i'm like yes, for now!

I have been doing a lot of home putting indoors, I still can't really use the ball and TT lines on the putter in combination, the the lines on the putter help me make sure I am perpendicular to my line I want to putt on. Will get out this weekend with some nice weather coming in.

a client who is also an avid golfer stopped in today, and I told him a little about the trip. we got to talking about these puTTers and he had a lot of questions because he said his putting is the worst part of his game. so I went out to my car and got a tt ball and my puTTer, and set it up so he could see. his first reaction was "is this legal?!" haha i'm like yes, for now!

Wouldn’t that be the damndest thing? USGA decides alignment lines make the game too easy, therefore they are banned.

then they should declare the driver too hard and let me place it in the fairway instead as my alignment aide on it not working out very well

I might need one of these in my life. They don't have them at the local GG. Have they hit shelves yet?

Wouldn’t that be the damndest thing? USGA decides alignment lines make the game too easy, therefore they are banned.

it honestly wouldn't surprise me. if some guys on tour adopt this and go on a tear, it could see it happening.

Back