Odyssey V-Line Tank Cruiser - THP Preview

You'll probably grab 2 or 3 new putters before then!

Nah. I've been trying to simplify my short game and I'm turning over a new leaf.

I felt the same until this one, even with the weight directly in the butt of the grip the balance point is in the same place as my other CB'd putters, that's what won me over in the feel and performance of it. Its legitimately the best counterbalance release so far from any company IMO, I really don't shy away from really believing that. I love that they researched it and didn't just slap weight on both ends (alot like the Tank line to be totally honest). I'll likely end up with a couple more of this line, the #7 for sure.

I liked the feel of it, but the balance just seemed off to me. The weight being set at the butt end of the putter only just didnt feel natural. I think the customization side of it took precedence over function to what other CB putters offer.

I figured this one would be right up your ally, especially with how you added a weight in the butt end of many of your putters to get that feel you want.

For me, I look for heavier weight in the shaft/grip to provide a counterbalance on the entire grip-line of the putter to stead my hands, rather than the counterbalance pendulum effect this one offers.

I think a heavier grip option would be perfect with this one, given the other weight options one can adjust.

I liked the feel of it, but the balance just seemed off to me. The weight being set at the butt end of the putter only just didnt feel natural. I think the customization side of it took precedence over function to what other CB putters offer.

I figured this one would be right up your ally, especially with how you added a weight in the butt end of many of your putters to get that feel you want.

For me, I look for heavier weight in the shaft/grip to provide a counterbalance on the entire grip-line of the putter to stead my hands, rather than the counterbalance pendulum effect this one offers.

I think a heavier grip option would be perfect with this one, given the other weight options one can adjust.

Goes to show how everyone is different, I've never noticed a difference on where the weight is at (heavy grip vs butt weight), I just focus on where the balance point moves in relation to the head.

But, the key to putters are what makes the user the most comfortable and confident, its why its great to see so many options out there and more R&D being done on CB'd putters.

I do love seeing these pick up steam, tons of them on the course for the ladies last week, I'll be extremely curious to see who picks on up on the guys side of things. Its pretty savvy to have the Odyssey on the front of the grip, makes it so damn easy to spot on TV. I just wish they would let me buy the grips already (or EVER), I'd even put them on the SeeMore CB's I have.

I tried one out this last weekend based on Jman's serious putter crush. Man, talk about sweetness. I didn't have long enough to give a good answer to it, but I have to say I can see where you feel it is the best counter-balanced putter out there. For me, this is the more refined version of the Tank. Two things I thought of almost immediately after trying it:

1. I want the 1W in Versa. I LOVE that 1W shape, but add in the toe hang is has and some Versa action and you've got it made.

2. I would be very interested to see if dialing in the most comfortable back weight first, then altering the head weights for green speed has much effect. Could be effective, could be disastrous. Either way, I'd love to try!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After checking out Chads this weekend ,I was impressed with what the weights did. It was nice to be able to tinker with it.
Was he still rolling?

Is the v-line head in the cruiser the same size as the normal one?

I've taken the plunge & ordered a #7 Tank Cruiser 38". Looking forward to rolling it and updating with my thoughts.

I've taken the plunge & ordered a #7 Tank Cruiser 38". Looking forward to rolling it and updating with my thoughts.

I'm extremely jealous. I honestly am.

I'm extremely jealous. I honestly am.

I'm rolling the MXM& & as others have commented on mishits it's not that kind. Reading this thread and rolling them at Golfsmith I think this face can help me across the face and help me with my speed. I've never had a CB putter and really like how this putter sets up and feels.

I'm rolling the MXM& & as others have commented on mishits it's not that kind. Reading this thread and rolling them at Golfsmith I think this face can help me across the face and help me with my speed. I've never had a CB putter and really like how this putter sets up and feels.

Well if you don't like it long term, we can strike an accord. :alien:

I think you're gonna love it though when you get on course. I stand by what I said before, best counterbalancing on the market in a putter.

Well if you don't like it long term, we can strike an accord. :alien:

I think you're gonna love it though when you get on course. I stand by what I said before, best counterbalancing on the market in a putter.

I'll have you on speed dial #1 if I decide it's not a fit

I can't wait to hear what you think, especially in comparison to your MXM 7.

I need to roll the other three of these, they just look fun.

Picked up the pro v line a couple week ago, fell in love. Looking to add more to the collection. This may get expensive.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I need to roll the other three of these, they just look fun.

I'd love to know how you think the Vline compares to the 7.

I'd love to know how you think the Vline compares to the 7.

It's the same head, the weights and balance point are the only thing that changes really.

I finally got a chance to roll these today, they had the 35 & 38 #1 and a 38 v line.

I love all 3, but the 38 #1 was the standout winner for me.

First and foremost this grip is incredible, and the ability to change the weights on the grip and the head is amazing. I could see myself tinkering with that quite a bit to get it fitted to me just right. The grip is perfect, I'd love to have it on all my putters, and after my experiment with the Flatso, I think the SS grips are the perfect addition to this CB setup.

Secondly, the 35" is too short for me, but the 38 is great with a bit of a choke down on it.

I was surprised the blade style head was better than the mallet for me, with the success I've seen with the 7, I would bet that would be a perfect fit for me.

If they every expand this cruiser line into some other head shapes and styles, I'll be selling off old stuff quick to pick one up!

I rolled the #7 model in Golfsmith today and really liked it! I just felt like the putter head flowed so well throughout the stroke. It was my first time really trying a counterbalanced putter, and it wasn't a big transition.

They only had 38 inch putters there, so naturally I was choking down a bit on the grip as I normally play a 34 inch putter. I'd be curious to try out the 35 inch version of this one, but I had a good bit of success with the 38 inch model, I might just stick with that one. The only issue I had with the length is that occasionally it would touch my shirt around the waist....I guess I need to drink less beer. :wink:

I also rolled the one that Jman has had in for review, didn't like it as much as the #7. Anyways, I'm going to keep rolling my Bettinardi for now since the season is starting up here, but this one may have to be purchased soon if the putts aren't dropping with the Bettinardi.

In super curious about a tank cruiser at 35 inches. My biggest issue continues to be consistent hand placement on my CB SeeMore and I think a 35 inch length will put all that to rest. I must find one of these to demo soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I spent some time with both the 35/38 V Line and #1 again last night.

Boy the 35 is a too small for me, I just feel like Michelle Wie bending over that much, but the 38 is great.

I think the one thing that stood out to me the most this time was the grip, I'm in love, and the overall balance of the club, the V Line was easier to line up and stroke than the blade, so I think the 7 would be perfect for me.

There was one thing I noticed and I'm sure it was just my stroke, but I was hitting them all more off the heel than I normally do. I wonder if it's a lie angle adjustment needed?

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the grip on a tank cruiser putter? I'm not sure how that would work with the adjustable weight system for the grip. I assume the weights go into the shaft, but am not sure. Thanks....

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the grip on a tank cruiser putter? I'm not sure how that would work with the adjustable weight system for the grip. I assume the weights go into the shaft, but am not sure. Thanks....

You would lose ability to use/access the weight system in the butt of the putter, the grip is specially made for it.

Just placed my order.

38" V Line. 1* flat. Can't wait to get it.

Back