Odyssey V-Line Tank Cruiser - THP Preview

How dare you? :act-up:

I'm 6'0" tall and normally use a 35" putter.

Thanks, I have a CB putter at 40" and at 6'2" was running into that issue until I lost a few pounds. I still think I would prefer it at 38 or 39" and still grip it like it was a regular 37" putter.

Thanks, I have a CB putter at 40" and at 6'2" was running into that issue until I lost a few pounds. I still think I would prefer it at 38 or 39" and still grip it like it was a regular 37" putter.
I started with a 39" now I'm 38" and I'm thinking 37" is going to be perfect, I'm 6'!

I think that would be amazing, maybe a Versa Tank Cruiser #7!!!

Nah, not at all a fan of the Versa look.

Mind if I ask how tall you are?

@Jman - Compared to your CB SeeMores, do you think that there is more or less weight in the head and grip?

1st, I didn't realize that when you do @Howzat it will notify the user in tapatalk, that is handy, I wish it would pop up notifications on the forum on a PC, but I digress.

With how I prefer it, 385 in the head is the same as some of my SeeMore CB's and with the 30g in the grip its probably more there, might be closer than I'm thinking.

This is a better counterbalance setup. In fact I think its the ideal counterbalance setup that I have seen so far out of anyone.

I'm sold on 38" instead of 40", I really and truly am.

I'm absolutely loving this Tank Cruiser #7. Rolled it for a while after my Golftec lesson tonight and distance control with this bad boy is just dialed in right now. I was putting quite a bit to a cup about 30 ft away and while I holed a few I was mostly impressed by those that I didn't make. They were all in the exact same spot and on top of each other. I even tried out a couple other counter-balanced putters (Scotty Futura X and TMaG Daddy Long Legs), neither of which even came close in the distance control and feel category. Balls were all over the place - short, long, left, right. I've been playing around with the weights in the TC and I've got it set up in a really nice spot - 30g in the grip and 20g in the sole. Making the putting stroke is pretty effortless now and I can really feel that pendulum effect. I've got my first tourney of the year on Saturday and I'm expecting the Tank Cruiser to perform well.

Very nice OH! This one will be in my rotation BIG time post MC. In fact, I venture to say I end up with a #7 Cruiser sooner rather than later.

I putt lefty style and found one of these in UK! Sold!

It was the #7 model...

Last edited:
I putt lefty style and found one of these in UK! Sold!

It was the #7 model...

Nice! I hope you roll it well.

I honestly might end up with all 4 models down the road, it's a definite thought of mine. Way down the road, but down the road nonetheless.

Looking forward to this review going up to be honest, it was a fun one to do, I like when the R&D is evident in hand from the start.

Ko rocked this week with a cruiser!!!

http://www.odysseygolf.com/blog/201...-3-things-to-know-about-her-win,en_US,pg.html
Spoiler
[h=3]Ko Finds Her Balance With Tank Cruiser – 3 Things To Know About Her Win[/h] 27 Apr 2014
By Staff
4-26-14-lko-win-ody-blog-738x240.jpg

How did Lydia Ko follow up her Thursday, where she turned 17 and was named as one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world? By rolling in a birdie on the 72nd hole with her new Tank Cruiser V-Line Putter to close out a big win, of course.
Here now are the 3 things you need to know about Lydia’s win on Sunday.
1. The weights on her putter
Lydia’s putter is 33” long with a 15 gram weight in the counterbalance grip and 2 15 gram weights in the head. In case you were wondering (and we know you are), the new Tank Cruiser lineup is offered in #1 Wide, #7 and 330 head models as well, and they’re already going into play on the PGA Tour, and big events all over the world.
They deliver adjustable weighting in both the head (10g, 15g and 20g weights for a head weight of 365g, 375g or 385g) and counterbalance weights (5g, 15g and 30g) to dial in your balance for your most consistent stroke. For a quick rundown, take a look at our new Tank Cruiser counterbalance video.
2. She was the definition of clutch
The first year Odyssey staffer poured her 6-foot birdie putt right in the middle on the 72nd hole to seal the one-shot win. Throw in all the big putts and three birdies she drained over the final nine holes, and you start to understand why she’s going to dominate her sport for years and maybe even decades to come.
When you take someone who’s that poised at such a young age and give her a putter like Tank Cruiser, well that’s a tough combination to beat.
3. Can you say No. 2 in the world rankings?
Yep, with her win, Lydia moved all the way up to No. 2 in the women’s world rankings. At this point it seems more like a matter of when she’ll rise to No. 1, not if. And the way she’s playing right now, she’s bound to rack up at least a few more Tour wins for Odyssey in 2014. In any case, it’s awesome for us that she represents the #1 Putter on Tour.
You can learn more about all of our big wins on our Odyssey Tour page.
Congratulations, Lydia!

So here's my dream putter, Tank Cruiser Metal-X Milled Versa #7 Putter, YES PLEASE!!!

So here's my dream putter, Tank Cruiser Metal-X Milled Versa #7 Putter, YES PLEASE!!!

Absolutely! !! I wish I can thank this post more than once :)

I would offer a kidney up for that putter, dude.

Picked up this beauty today. Cant decide to break her in at Love is in the Air or not.

Picked up this beauty today. Cant decide to break her in at Love is in the Air or not.

You'll probably grab 2 or 3 new putters before then!

This one will be my post MC gamer. Fact.

Its the truth. The results don't lie.

I am intrigued how variable the weights feel to me. I just wish I liked the head shapes more.

I am intrigued how variable the weights feel to me. I just wish I liked the head shapes more.

After checking out Chads this weekend ,I was impressed with what the weights did. It was nice to be able to tinker with it.

After checking out Chads this weekend ,I was impressed with what the weights did. It was nice to be able to tinker with it.

I like to tinker.

Stepping away from SeeMore for this one, wow!

The counterbalance + the grip badassery + the insert = sill good

It was a LOT of fun to tinker with, I was impressed the differences that could be felt with the various setups.

The counterbalance + the grip badassery + the insert = sill good

It was a LOT of fun to tinker with, I was impressed the differences that could be felt with the various setups.

I was disappointed to find out that the grip is not heavier than a standard super stroke. I like when a CB putter has a heavier grip rather than relying on weights added elsewhere. I think having a grip that is a bit heavier that extends down the top end of the shaft rather than a weight at the end of the shaft is quite beneficial to what a CB putter attempts to achieve.

I was disappointed to find out that the grip is not heavier than a standard super stroke. I like when a CB putter has a heavier grip rather than relying on weights added elsewhere. I think having a grip that is a bit heavier that extends down the top end of the shaft rather than a weight at the end of the shaft is quite beneficial to what a CB putter attempts to achieve.

I felt the same until this one, even with the weight directly in the butt of the grip the balance point is in the same place as my other CB'd putters, that's what won me over in the feel and performance of it. Its legitimately the best counterbalance release so far from any company IMO, I really don't shy away from really believing that. I love that they researched it and didn't just slap weight on both ends (alot like the Tank line to be totally honest). I'll likely end up with a couple more of this line, the #7 for sure.

Tinkering is fun.

In a putter, I want consistency.

Oh no doubt. But experimenting with the weights until I find the setup that felt like a warm hug would be rewarding.

Back