Odyssey White Hot RX V-Line Fang - THP Review

It's essentially "painted" on after the molding to add the texture they can't do with that face mold (bc of the ovals and thin walls). Super durable, will not wear off.
hadn't thought of that but it makes sense...thanks for the explanation!

So it's like a grit that helps with rolling the ball, bet it's awesome in morning dew or damp conditions.
Yessir, more friction creation. The WHP insert has a rough texture too when you look close, but to my eyes this is definitely more pronounced.

That texture later photo is fantastic and helps tremendously in understanding the tech.

Just looking at the pics of this again, and I am thinking that if you put the Works Versa #7H colour scheme from the other thread on this putter I could be sold on it

I really really really like this! Thanks for the pics James. They are great and really show fine details.

I really really really like this! Thanks for the pics James. They are great and really show fine details.

Thanks dude, I really hope these get serious looks from people and they don't simply judge by the pics on the Odyssey site. I really tried to show them as well as I could in photo's to get across that they ARE solid looking putters...and the roll...look out.

That putter is a stunner! Great pics and the ppt is very doable too

Thanks dude, I really hope these get serious looks from people and they don't simply judge by the pics on the Odyssey site. I really tried to show them as well as I could in photo's to get across that they ARE solid looking putters...and the roll...look out.
Im ready to roll one.

Definite ponder mode for me on this one.

I keep hoping we're going to see a giveaway for one of these...

Bump for bogeyme

Ok I'm tracking now Jman.

I keep hoping we're going to see a giveaway for one of these...

At this price point, it's not really breaking the bank to give one a try.

Great looking putter. I like the design and the color.

For those curious about what Odyssey means when they say they applied a layer of texture....

DSC_0033-XL.jpg

DSC_0034-XL.jpg

Thought I would quote this for those that missed, mainly because I think the pics are cool as hell and really show off the new texture which was applied.

Yep, 159 for standard grip, 179 for SS

Go into your crystal ball. Will we see this in the works, and Tank cruiser kinds of lines?

Go into your crystal ball. Will we see this in the works, and Tank cruiser kinds of lines?

Works, no, because that line is the Fusion RX insert (which is staying in line).

Tank/Tank-Cruiser, IMO its possible but not likely for a while.

I think the more that try these, the more that will be impressed by this insert. Particularly those who were fans of the WHP feel.

I will, however, add here that I wish more than anything Odyssey would go Velcro in their mallet covers. But, I'm prepared to be yelled at for that here on the forum.

I will, however, add here that I wish more than anything Odyssey would go Velcro in their mallet covers. But, I'm prepared to be yelled at for that here on the forum.
The magent covers on the mallets are junk. I am about to do some work on mine and switch them out to velcro.

2/12/16 I'm not a very patient person

I agree, I've lost 4 of them magnet types.

Did they go away from this or is it just certain lines that have the Velcro covers? My Versa is a mallet-ish and my head cover is Velcro.

Back