Odyssey Works Putters Preview

Ended up taking my VLine back, I'm just not a mallet guy as it turns out. Wanted to love it but didn't.

Picked up a Tank Versa 1W today. Just playing with it on the practice greens so far and I am digging it. Have a Tank 2Ball that I initially dug but, in the end it wasn't for me.

Played with my Tank today and played ok with it, I can't say I'd blame the putter for my miscues it was totally all me. All in all I'm pretty comfortable with it and am looking forward to the weekend.

4 rounds in with the Tank Fang loving in more all the time.

Really struggled with the 2 ball fang. Distance and aim are taking some getting used to compared to my MXM-V #1. Most came up short. 3- 3 putts.

with the invitational this week, I'm not sure which one im going to roll yet.

Really struggled with the 2 ball fang. Distance and aim are taking some getting used to compared to my MXM-V #1. Most came up short. 3- 3 putts.

with the invitational this week, I'm not sure which one im going to roll yet.

Hate to hear that. I've putted really well with mine so far. I hope it continues.

Put a SuperStroke +2.0 XL with the 50 gram CounterCore on the normal weighted #7 and it is fantastic. Hopefully the unbelievable feel and control it has translates to the course as well. Just went from "like it" to "love it" real quick.

I'm not having good luck with my OW 7 :(
I might just end up selling it

Last edited:
For those that hit hit the regular versa, how does this compare in "softness"? I really like the soft feel of the versa and had previously played several of the milled putters and didn't quite like the feel... so I'm curious as to how this compares?

The Fusion RX insert is between the feel of the White Hot Versa insert and the Metal X Milled. I was just testing vs. White Hot yesterday and it is definitely firmer but I love how it feels like the face is "gripping" the ball and keeping it from skidding. Really solid on short putts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my fitting on Tuesday, I can't wait to try all the models side by side.

I put the Works 2ball in play today. it's so pillow-ie.

Some pics from my clinic/fitting today!

Some pics from my clinic/fitting today!

Where was this at? And was it just for a clinic or actual putter fittings? Also what did you end up with?

Where was this at? And was it just for a clinic or actual putter fittings? Also what did you end up with?
It was a fitting/clinic at my home course, I ended up getting fitted into a prototype putter that isn't available yet, I'll post more when I can.

It was a fitting/clinic at my home course, I ended up getting fitted into a prototype putter that isn't available yet, I'll post more when I can.
What is this mysterious proto. I hope it's a Tank Cruiser version of the works line.

Can not wait to get the Tank Rossie out on the course! Sunday feels like a decade away!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am seriously considering getting a Odyssey Works tank Versa #1W - anyone using that stick? Think it will be a easy transition from my current #1 White hot...

Thoughts/Comments?

I have the #1W (non-Tank version) and it's a fantastic putter. The Tank was a little heavier than I prefer but the head design is one of my favorites from Odyssey. Loving the new insert on these putters too.

Awesome! good to hear - I feel I would benefit from the heavier putter - noticed yesterday I was getting a little "wristy" with the putter despite using the flatso grip...hoping it will quiet the wrists...

I am seriously considering getting a Odyssey Works tank Versa #1W - anyone using that stick? Think it will be a easy transition from my current #1 White hot...

Thoughts/Comments?

I have it in 35" and love it. Ball rolls great and the weight feels good. My distance control has been real good with it.

I have the Tank Versa 1w 35" also. Great putter, swings nice, head weight is just right, smooth roll from an E6 ball. Love the long SS grip, perfect size and plenty long to choke down on.

Thoughts/Comments?

This was in my top 2 choices when I was getting a new works model. Very quality and I loved the tank version of the #1w. Only reason I didn't go #1w tank is because I wanted a mallet, and like the non-tank version of the #7 a little better.

I have been struggling w/ the 2 ball fang /superstroke. Went to claw grip and I am putting better than I have in years.They just punched and top dressed. I hope I don't lose my new found touch !

I have yet to get my Two Ball Fang out to the course (the head is still in plastic) and I am trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it. I wanted to put a Superstroke Slim on it, but I don't want to if I am not going to keep it. I rolled a model at the PGASS and I like the way it felt, but all that metal behind the ball messes with me a good bit since I am use to a blade or mid mallet. Decision, decisions, decisions.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy. #IAmWithHarry

I have yet to get my Two Ball Fang out to the course (the head is still in plastic) and I am trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it. I wanted to put a Superstroke Slim on it, but I don't want to if I am not going to keep it. I rolled a model at the PGASS and I like the way it felt, but all that metal behind the ball messes with me a good bit since I am use to a blade or mid mallet. Decision, decisions, decisions.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy. #IAmWithHarry

If you ever have reason to come down to Augusta, I have a USA Ryder Cup Slim you can have.

Back