Official 2012 - 2013 NCAA Basketball Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like what I hear about the BBall schools of the Big East conference trying to skip out of the BE and create their own conference or join the A10. Enough of the football dominated moves already.

Personally, I hope they create their own conference and swipe a few names from the A10 like Xavier, Butler, Dayton, VCU. Yes, I am biased too.

I like what I hear about the BBall schools of the Big East conference trying to skip out of the BE and create their own conference or join the A10. Enough of the football dominated moves already.

Personally, I hope they create their own conference and swipe a few names from the A10 like Xavier, Butler, Dayton, VCU. Yes, I am biased too.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebas...-johns-seton-hall-marquette-providence-121312

Part of the story:

NEW YORK (AP) The Big East is headed for another breakup. This time, the seven prominent basketball schools that don't play FBS football are planning to break away from the ever-changing conference.

The divorce is expected to be complicated, maybe even contentious, with millions of dollars and possibly the future of the league at stake. The Big East's non-football members decided Thursday to separate from the conference, a person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press.

The seven schools that don't play FBS-level football are St. John's, Georgetown, Marquette, DePaul, Seton Hall, Providence and Villanova. Officials at those schools have concerns about the direction of the conference and feel as if they have little power to influence it.

That is a major shakeup.
A co worker and I were talking about it again today pondering what might happen to the rest of the big east. They've added those football schools who might retract now.

I guess the landscape of college sports isn't done changing yet.

Indiana is in some big time trouble late. Looks like a good chance that #1 is going to go down.

Indiana is in some big time trouble late. Looks like a good chance that #1 is going to go down.

Yeah they'll probably need to make a 3 here at the end.

And they did! Tie ball game, OT.

That was huge. I bet they win it in OT.

Wow Indiana. Embarrassing loss there.

Whenever Coach K decides to retire, I hope that Duke goes up to Brad Stevens with a blank check and says "whatever you want, we'll give it to you to coach Duke." He's the best college basketball coach in the country outside of Coach K.

officially bummed.

Maybe we'll just win out like UK did last year...

Whenever Coach K decides to retire, I hope that Duke goes up to Brad Stevens with a blank check and says "whatever you want, we'll give it to you to coach Duke." He's the best college basketball coach in the country outside of Coach K.

I don't know about the outside Coach K, but he's an amazing coach, I can't believe he stayed there.

Mark my words, the Pitt Panthers are going to be a tough team to beat this season. Our bench is DEEP. And Steven Adams is really growing into his role, along with Talib Zanna, Cam Wright, and Trey Zeigler. I look for at least an Elite Eight appearance.

Mark my words, the Pitt Panthers are going to be a tough team to beat this season. Our bench is DEEP. And Steven Adams is really growing into his role, along with Talib Zanna, Cam Wright, and Trey Zeigler. I look for at least an Elite Eight appearance.

Really? I didn't think they were looking that good this year. I was thinking maybe or probably in the tourney, but we'll see.

Really? I didn't think they were looking that good this year. I was thinking maybe or probably in the tourney, but we'll see.
Man, what games have you been watching? They only dropped to Michigan by 4 points at a neutral court...

Man, what games have you been watching? They only dropped to Michigan by 4 points at a neutral court...

None of them lol. Those were my thoughts coming into the season. I haven't been able to watch much Big East since moving South. I did see that score against Michigan, which impressed me. But I haven't seen them play yet this year.

None of them lol. Those were my thoughts coming into the season. I haven't been able to watch much Big East since moving South. I did see that score against Michigan, which impressed me. But I haven't seen them play yet this year.
Ah, okay! My bad, I thought you were saying those were your thoughts now. Coming into the season I was really hesitant too, but seeing how everyone is playing, it's looking great. Dante Taylor has 4 9+ rebound games already, and those are all off the bench. The bench is one of the best I've seen in college ball in quite a few years.

Ah, okay! My bad, I thought you were saying those were your thoughts now. Coming into the season I was really hesitant too, but seeing how everyone is playing, it's looking great. Dante Taylor has 4 9+ rebound games already, and those are all off the bench. The bench is one of the best I've seen in college ball in quite a few years.

Cool. I look forward to seeing how the rest of the season goes for them. Thanks for all the info.

Oh wow, we got crushed by Coastal Carolina tonight. We suck.

Duke looked good tonight, I was hoping to see UNC lose to Texas but they are starting to make their comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back