Official 2012 - 2013 NCAA Basketball Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, we got crushed by Coastal Carolina tonight. We suck.

Its ok man, we (Xavier) got rolled by UC last night in our annual crosstown rivalry game. No fights this time, it was so 'positive' it almost didnt feel like a rivalry game. Weird for sure. UC does have a good team this year, but losing sucks.

Its ok man, we (Xavier) got rolled by UC last night in our annual crosstown rivalry game. No fights this time, it was so 'positive' it almost didnt feel like a rivalry game. Weird for sure. UC does have a good team this year, but losing sucks.

That fight last year was ugly.

Yeah but Cincy's good. CC sucks. We should be better than this, haha.

Duke looked decent tonight, about as good as the fake crazies in attendance.

Heck of a game KU & OHIO St.

Sent from my DROID X2

ROCK...CHALK...KKayyy UUUuuuu !!!!!

Sent from my DROID X2

Heck of a game KU & OHIO St.

Sent from my DROID X2

Totally forgot that game was today, looks like they laid an egg in 2nd half

Nice letter from Eamon Brennen stating the prowess of the 2012-2013 Pittsburgh Panthers.

[h=3]To: Pittsburgh[/h]
221.gif

This Christmas, I would like to get the Pitt Panthers a time machine. Why? Because it would be nice to go back in time, "Looper" style, and prevent their nonconference schedule from ever happening in the first place.
The Panthers are one of the nation's 10 best teams to date. They rank No. 2 in adjusted offensive efficiency, per KenPom.com; they score, rebound and prevent turnovers at top-10 rates; and they are clinically effective finishing inside the 2-point line. Talib Zanna, Tray Woodall, Lamar Patterson, James Robinson and Dante Taylor are all having hyper-efficient seasons so far, and star 7-foot freshman Steven Adams is right there with them.
The trouble? No one has seemed to notice. And while it would be easy to rail about how people just don't understand per-possession statistics and how wrong the polls are every week (I've been there), it's hard to blame it on the voters. Pittsburgh had one marquee nonconference game on its schedule -- against Michigan in Madison Square Garden. It played well and lost. The rest of the schedule has been bunk, and no, I am not awarding credit for playing Lehigh and Detroit at home.
If a Pitt fan tells you his team is underrated, he has a seriously good case. At which point you tell that Pitt fan: OK. Beat someone first, then I'll believe you. That is not an unfair response.
Which is why I'd like to give the Panthers a noncon-schedule time machine just in time for Christmas. We can invent one of those, right?

A bowl game and a great NBA game aren't enough, Cincy's got all they can handle with New Mexico trying to avoid their first loss.

Cincy tried their own miracle shot at the buzzer to win, but it clearly wasn't off in time. Another unbeaten goes down, and to New Mexico no less.

Santa Clara down by 2 at the half to #1 Duke. Hope they can keep it close in the second half and make it interesting!

KU goin to town on the lil guys. Making some ESPN highlights

Sent from my DROID X2

Can't wait til Monday for this Pitt-Cincinnati game.

24 Pittsburgh vs 8 Cincinnati @ 12pm on ESPN2.

Everyone should watch this. Should be a good one!

24 Pittsburgh vs 8 Cincinnati @ 12pm on ESPN2.

Everyone should watch this. Should be a good one!

I'll be flipping back and forth between that and the bowl game. So much good college bball on today.

I'll be flipping back and forth between that and the bowl game. So much good college bball on today.
I wish Cinci was top 5. Pitt has a 9-0 record against top 5 teams at home. It'd be sweet to add more to that.

I wish Cinci was top 5. Pitt has a 9-0 record against top 5 teams at home. It'd be sweet to add more to that.

They would be had they not lost the other day.

Regardless it will be an amazing Big East matchup. Love these kinds of games.
Agreed. I almost drove down today to sit in the Zoo and go nuts.

Agreed. I almost drove down today to sit in the Zoo and go nuts.

That would be awesome. I wish my school got excited about basketball like that.

That would be awesome. I wish my school got excited about basketball like that.
Dude, the Oakland Zoo is so intense. It's a workout in and of itself. Once the starters are announced, you start jumping and don't stop for more than 3 minutes the entire game.

Dude, the Oakland Zoo is so intense. It's a workout in and of itself. Once the starters are announced, you start jumping and don't stop for more than 3 minutes the entire game.

Sick dude. I guess I'll have to settle for nice weather and football, lol.

Damn these refs are awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back