Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand.....I will be rooting for TT this weekend as well....Ha! Hard to imagine that both teams could be coming into next weekend with 1 loss....maybe 2 for one of them?

Ha, I'm not either.....

I will say this. A one loss team will most likely win the Big 12. I don't really care who wins or loses as long as they lose to OU. The way we are playing right now I am afraid that this year will not be a great season. Good thing hunting season opened Monday. It will give me something else to think about if OU stinks it up.

I will say this. A one loss team will most likely win the Big 12. I don't really care who wins or loses as long as they lose to OU. The way we are playing right now I am afraid that this year will not be a great season. Good thing hunting season opened Monday. It will give me something else to think about if OU stinks it up.
That and weekend tee times help as well! Will be at the cotton bowl next weekend for it. Love that weekend!

2 years ago, i hated auburn (Sam & his Dad felt dirty). Since meeting you @ the outing, I cheer for them.
Look at Dan being awesome!

Auburn vs Arkansas this weekend. It's like a pillow fight. 2 years ago, this game was huge, now, not so much...

I bet you guys win that game. Arkansas sucks.

We have Georgia Tech this weekend. I hope we beat them into the ground. I hate the triple option.

2 years ago, i hated auburn (Sam & his Dad felt dirty). Since meeting you @ the outing, I cheer for them.

So what you're saying is you've been pretty quiet this year.

I have no college fball allegiance. I just cheer against tOSU, so I'm easily swayed. Hard not to pull for them once I heard Ryan tell some stories from his time there.

I bet you guys win that game. Arkansas sucks.

We have Georgia Tech this weekend. I hope we beat them into the ground. I hate the triple option.
Arkansas and Auburn have the same record... :banghead:

Also, you are aware that Clemson runs the Triple Option as well? Chad Morris has stated many times that he derived his offense from the triple option.

Hey, watch it!

I bet we beat LSU if we had paid the refs like Bama does...

TheSpot.gif

That and weekend tee times help as well! Will be at the cotton bowl next weekend for it. Love that weekend!

Lucky! Ever since I moved to Kc I havent been to the red river shootout. One of my favorite days of the year.

They pay refs, Auburn pays players (hi Cam!)....even steven....

Hey, watch it!

TheSpot.gif

They pay refs, Auburn pays players (hi Cam!)....even steven....
Correction, Mississippi State wanted to pay Cam, that's who his Dad asked for money. No mention of Auburn ever paying him.

Hey, watch it!

TheSpot.gif

Haha those refs were awful! Firstdown that wasn't a firstdown and the TD that wasn't.

Haha those refs were awful! Firstdown that wasn't a firstdown and the TD that wasn't.
Haha, dude, I didnt see the game, I just thought the gif was funny.

Haha, dude, I didnt see the game, I just thought the gif was funny.

Worst game we've played since the SC game two years ago. Just terrible.

We're not the best team in the nation.

haha I'm sure Auburn just hit the 'buy him now' option on the ebay auction for Cam's services

Correction, Mississippi State wanted to pay Cam, that's who his Dad asked for money. No mention of Auburn ever paying him.

Worst game we've played since the SC game two years ago. Just terrible.

We're not the best team in the nation.
Really dude?

haha I'm sure Auburn just hit the 'buy him now' option on the ebay auction for Cam's services
Not Auburn, Jimmy Raines. He's the bagman.

Lucky! Ever since I moved to Kc I havent been to the red river shootout. One of my favorite days of the year.
Dude, you would have a blast with us if you came one year! We play golf on Friday and then head out directly to find a good place with fans that are coming in. Wake up at 6am on Saturday where the bloody mary's begin and then beers inside the cotton bowl for most of the day. Usually head down to Greenville or McKinney Ave. for awhile then find a steak place for dinner to end the day. Golf again on Sunday. The guys I go with are a blast and knowing you now you would fit it perfect! Same personalities to a T. Oh, and we scalp every year...usually get in for $50-$75 a ticket.

Dude, you would have a blast with us if you came one year! We play golf on Friday and then head out directly to find a good place with fans that are coming in. Wake up at 6am on Saturday where the bloody mary's begin and then beers inside the cotton bowl for most of the day. Usually head down to Greenville or McKinney Ave. for awhile then find a steak place for dinner to end the day. Golf again on Sunday. The guys I go with are a blast and knowing you now you would fit it perfect! Same personalities to a T. Oh, and we scalp every year...usually get in for $50-$75 a ticket.

I would love it man. I hope to be back in Texas sooner rather than later so maybe next year I will be able to do it. My memories of the RRS are some of my best college football memories. I love going to DKR, but something about the atmosphere at the Cotton Bowl is nuts

I would love it man. I hope to be back in Texas sooner rather than later so maybe next year I will be able to do it. My memories of the RRS are some of my best college football memories. I love going to DKR, but something about the atmosphere at the Cotton Bowl is nuts
It is hard to beat! If this game ever goes to Jerry World it won't be the same.

Well we just lost a starting WR for the year, big lost, kid did it all, yards, TD's and great blocker down field.

Really dude?

Not Auburn, Jimmy Raines. He's the bagman.

Yeah man, I'm not sure who is other than #1 by committee. I'm not sold on this team though, they don't have that spark yet. Ole Should have been a walk over game, instead it looked like a walk through practice. We hear about the O-line being men among boys but I've yet to see them line up and play smash mouth football. Feed Lacy the ball and let him crush on some defenses. He's got all the talent needed but they've opened the playbook up a little bit in the passing department without consistent success. I will say Cooper looks like the next coming of Prothro with his awareness.

Defensively we can't apply pressure from the front four. Oddly the secondary is better than I expected already, of course Saban coaches them up well.

I'm a huge Texas fan but I don't know if you can say they have a pretty solid D. They have some good players, but they haven't put it all together yet. I think they have much more defensive talent than Baylor, and will get a few stops, but I feel the game will come down to who has the most time of possession. If UT controls the clock, and grinds WVU they have it, if they try and sprint with WVU then it becomes an interesting game.

I think we will win by 7 or more. Baylor has the worst defense I have ever seen and WV isn't far behind. Mack chewed a bunch of defensive ass this week and I think the defense will show up and perform well.

Arkansas and Auburn have the same record... :banghead:

Also, you are aware that Clemson runs the Triple Option as well? Chad Morris has stated many times that he derived his offense from the triple option.

I wasn't aware that Clemson runs the triple option. I didn't think that style of offense was conducive to throwing downfield, which we do a fair bit.

I think we will win by 7 or more. Baylor has the worst defense I have ever seen and WV isn't far behind. Mack chewed a bunch of defensive ass this week and I think the defense will show up and perform well.

Mack....is that you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back