Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering shafts for the R9 460. Need something a little stiffer than the Motore 60 stiff flex I have in there now. Just doesn't quite hold up to the swing sometimes.

Fitting? I love that driver.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitting? I love that driver.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitting would be ideal but I swear I really have the worst luck with getting fit with things. Either they tell me they want to fix my swing or I guess they don't think I'm prepared to spend any money since I'm a college student. So a lot of times I just resort to Ebay and doing things on my own.

I'm pondering about getting a new bag. Thinking I want something light to start walking with a bit without getting a push cart. Stand Bag for sure.

I guess I could get a second little carry bag and just swap out when I want to walk and get a nicer bigger stand bag... Either way I guess.

Fitting would be ideal but I swear I really have the worst luck with getting fit with things. Either they tell me they want to fix my swing or I guess they don't think I'm prepared to spend any money since I'm a college student. So a lot of times I just resort to Ebay and doing things on my own.

how about a project x6.0 I found an online fitting website put in my info that i wanted and it recommends a shaft, of course yours could be way different than mine haha

This may sound crazy but Im pondering buying a second 910 D2 driver. I love the one Im using now and would have the 2nd with differnt shaft most likely. So has anyone liked a club so much they wanted a second for backup or whatever?

Ping I20 irons!

I must be losing my mind! I just spent a good amount on brand new irons less than a month ago and I am hitting them pretty well!

This may sound crazy but Im pondering buying a second 910 D2 driver. I love the one Im using now and would have the 2nd with differnt shaft most likely. So has anyone liked a club so much they wanted a second for backup or whatever?

I think Jman has had 10 or 11 ML4's.

Ping I20 irons!

I must be losing my mind! I just spent a good amount on brand new irons less than a month ago and I am hitting them pretty well!

Sometimes, you just have to buy them again haha, I can't say how many times I've bought something and a month later I want a new one, truth.

I think Jman has had 10 or 11 ML4's.

3 thank you LOL, and one was paired with a RIP and given to young JR for nothing. One is sitting on a shelf and the other actually has a GD Tour Throttle X in it to mess around with. Tremendously great driver head, I'll defend that until the day I die.

Ping I20 irons!

That is a kick arse ponder. Tremendous irons that changed my scoring game, and I'm sure as hell not just saying that because I got to test them. Its crazy to think of where I was before them though.

2 shafts on ponder:

Attas T2 7S and Matrix Ozik 7M3 Black Tie. Probably gonna go with one of those to pair with the 10.5 R9 460 head.

2 shafts on ponder:

Attas T2 7S and Matrix Ozik 7M3 Black Tie. Probably gonna go with one of those to pair with the 10.5 R9 460 head.

I cannot wait for my Black Tie and Adams combo. 3 weeks is gonna seem like forever, but it will be worth it.

Really want to complete my bag with a 3W...

Really want to complete my bag with a 3W...

I saw this amazing Vr pro tour 3 wood for 140 at my shop, it was the tour Nike 3 wood that had a fancy Project X shaft and a compression channel it was amazing but I was looking into another 3 wood, you may find something really awesome like that!

Why not just get the other shaft you want with the Titleist tip and swap them in a out of the same head as you wish?

Why not just get the other shaft you want with the Titleist tip and swap them in a out of the same head as you wish?

You and your silly notions like that! Pshhhhh

Watch out for this man, he will fill you full of knowledge and unleash you unto the world! LOL

I was going to suggest that myself. I am looking to do that exact same thing, since I would like to try an X flex in my 910D2.

That is a kick arse ponder. Tremendous irons that changed my scoring game, and I'm sure as hell not just saying that because I got to test them. Its crazy to think of where I was before them though.

Yeah I am going to go hit them in the morning again.

We will.see what the future holds.

I20 driver is also on the radar. I feel an expensive summer coming up

I'm back to pondering, I currently had to rethink me woods cause I have to use stiff now and I have a;ready replaced my hybrids 3 wood, and driver but now need a 5 wood. I recently hit the RBZ tour 18* and loved it but I wonder if the open face will affect my slice-fade and I am also looking at the R11s 5 wood because I found it easier to hit from the deck I mainly use my 5 wood from the deck cause I find it easier to use than my 3 wood. Any suggestions? I am trading a few of my old clubs in so I can get the R11s for 150 so I kind of have to stay with taylormade since the dealer only sells taylormade clubs.

So should I get the R11s, RBZ tour, or RBZ 5 wood?

2 shafts on ponder:

ST can confirm or deny this, but I think those are two completely different shafts.

ST can confirm or deny this, but I think those are two completely different shafts.

Yeah, we talked a bit. Should probably scratch that post, gonna go to the TM MATT lab instead.

You and your silly notions like that! Pshhhhh

Watch out for this man, he will fill you full of knowledge and unleash you unto the world! LOL

Boom Baby! :bomb:

Spot on Jeff. The adjustible settings are always nice but for the tinkerer like me, the tips are the best thing since sliced bread for testing and swapping.

I am pondering a new set of irons. I went this weekend and hit some Adams Idea Tech V3's and some Burner 3.0 irons. I didn't really care for either of them.

I'm looking for a set of GI irons that doesn't help you get the ball in the air. I really don't need that as my 6-iron probably flies as high as some of your 8-irons. Is there a set (or manufacturer) out there that makes this type of iron?

Last edited:
I am pondering a new set of irons. I went this weekend and hit some Adams Idea Tech V3's and some Burner 3.0 irons. I didn't really care for either of them.

I'm looking for a set of GI irons that doesn't help you get the ball in the air. I really don't need that as my 6-iron probably flies as high as some of your 8-irons. Is there a set (or manufacturer) out there that makes this type of iron?
You can do this by getting fit for a shaft that fits your swing and ball flight. Look for something lower launching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back