Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
new putter + practice = easy fix, man

After a nearly perfect tee to green display this morning, I have no pondering whatsoever on woods and irons. But 42 putts (including 7 three jacks) has me wanting to bench my ONEcs. Officially pondering another putter. Just couldn't get a feel AT ALL today.

Ouch. Get a belly or broomstick.

Stop. No need to get all drastic and knee jerk about 42 putts. That is a lot of putts though.

42 putts and I'm going cheater stick

Maybe take a look at some SeeMore SPi stuff rather than benching the putter?

Although, more putters are always better... :alien:

I will be going through the SeeMore testing thread again. I want to try and utilize that putting system. But I also felt like I couldn't align the ONEcs well at all today. It was just odd, and incredibly frustrating.

Ouch. Get a belly or broomstick.

Tried the belly/broomstick route before, and it just doesn't work for me. I just can't get a feel for distance control with one of them.

new putter + practice = easy fix, man

Stop. No need to get all drastic and knee jerk about 42 putts. That is a lot of putts though.

I need to just go out and putt for hours. This kind of performance is unacceptable for me. I shot an 83 even with all those putts. Which means that I should have been in the high 70s had I had a remotely decent putting day.

Youre better then that Kenny.

No I'm not. Heck I go cheater Scotty stick with the Golo. And I love when you go Kenny on me

You stop. Once you learn to putt with one and how to stroke the ball with one, its a total cheater stick. But its legal and not cheating so I'll take it.

I will be going through the SeeMore testing thread again. I want to try and utilize that putting system. But I also felt like I couldn't align the ONEcs well at all today. It was just odd, and incredibly frustrating.

I hear ya, I shot you the link to a GREAT read for ya on your profile.

I hear ya, I shot you the link to a GREAT read for ya on your profile.

Thanks, Jman. I will be checking that out.

Maybe just chalk it up to a bad day of reading greens?

Tried the belly/broomstick route before, and it just doesn't work for me. I just can't get a feel for distance control with one of them.

I need to just go out and putt for hours. This kind of performance is unacceptable for me. I shot an 83 even with all those putts. Which means that I should have been in the high 70s had I had a remotely decent putting day.

Thanks, Jman. I will be checking that out.

Its funny that you said the alignment problem JN. I have had just certain days that I could not hide the gotdang red dot to save my life. I think it had everything to do with setup and ball position. But I have had those days also

Tried the belly/broomstick route before, and it just doesn't work for me. I just can't get a feel for distance control with one of them..

Ah forcing the stroke. Been there, done that. Once you learn to let it fall/follow through on its own, its much better. Good luck in your woes!

Just chalk it up as one of those days Nate. That many 3 putts though sounds more like your distance control was a bit off.

Maybe just chalk it up to a bad day of reading greens?

Its funny that you said the alignment problem JN. I have had just certain days that I could not hide the gotdang red dot to save my life. I think it had everything to do with setup and ball position. But I have had those days also

I've had my bad putting days before, but not this bad. Sigh. Not only was I having the red dot problem at times, I just didn't feel confident in my distance control or alignment today. Left so many putts either woefully short or WAY past the hole. That single line in the center of the putter just wasn't accurate today. Makes me ponder a mallet.

Ah forcing the stroke. Been there, done that. Once you learn to let it fall/follow through on its own, its much better. Good luck in your woes!

Thanks, Thain. I'm not throwing the ONEcs under the bus yet, as it has performed for me in the past. But it does make me wonder what else I could be rolling.

Thinking hard about a set of Cleveland CG-16 Tours in black pearl. I really want to get fit into my next set of irons, but the price on these are righteous and they should be so much more forgiving than what I'm gaming now. I could always get them bent after the fact, I suppose. If I could hit them locally first I would be inclined to pull the trigger, I think. It would have to be a sight-unseen/club unswung purchase. Sometimes it's rough living in the boonies.

I really want a new bag. I have a Ogio now that is great but it is starting to go, one of the stand legs slouches and the bag often falls over. I love to walk with my bag so I am looking for something that is light enough to carry as well. I love the Ogio brand so I will be sticking with them unless I find something else. I have heard about Sun Mountain( I think thats the brand) but dont know much about the company.

An 83 w/ 42 putts? Were you 18/18 GIR? You get down to 30 putts and you are shooting under par.

Yup, I need a Byron.

Da Kine with a pocket cavity:
dakinedbcm004.png

dakinedbcm001.png

dakinedbcm002.png

dakinedbcm003.png

An 83 w/ 42 putts? Were you 18/18 GIR? You get down to 30 putts and you are shooting under par.

Take a look at the scorecard:

7983168785_f147d51c47_o.jpg

I've always been hovering around the 30-35 putt range at this course.

Jman, Byron did a 611 with a high toe a little while ago. Just about the nicest putter I have ever seen. I've pondered Byrons forever. I had one a few years ago and was not blown away. I really want to try one with the super tuna milling though!

Take a look at the scorecard:

7983168785_f147d51c47_o.jpg

I've always been hovering around the 30-35 putt range at this course.
Damn dude, that's brutal. What kind of putter did you game before the One CS?

Damn dude, that's brutal. What kind of putter did you game before the One CS?

Gamed Damaikis' Spider Ghost. I'm ready to try another mallet again.

Jman, Byron did a 611 with a high toe a little while ago. Just about the nicest putter I have ever seen. I've pondered Byrons forever. I had one a few years ago and was not blown away. I really want to try one with the super tuna milling though!

Oh yes, the 612 Lord Hi-Toe!
Bomber-612HighToe009.png

Bomber-612HighToe005.png

Bomber-612HighToe008.png

Not for everyone I know but I'm with you, I love the look. Just give me a welded CS or a long-pipe flow neck!

Byron is the only "big" boutique putter maker I haven't owned one of. Always been hard for me to justify when Kari will make me whatever I can dream up at a lower price. I think it may be a Christmas requirement for me this year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back