Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is completely different. Black is a high spin head, and light. With the Black, I play a fade, aiming down the left of the fairway and bringing it back across. The R11 had the Blur in it, and I was going straight down the fairway with it. I saw almost no movement with it. Adjusting my setup and alignment, I was able to play the shot I wanted (small fade), but it just felt nice.

Could be one of those things though, ya know? Something new to me, had a nice honeymoon with it...

Yes, it is.

cool, it explains alot in my game lol

I can't help you with the shaft but I have the head with a PL Red.
I may have to grab that from you. Let me see what I can come up with in regards to shafts. Me and the PL Red = bad things. I cant hit the ball Wake-high like you can.

I've got a stock R11 Blur (real one) but it's an X flex. I'll bring that shaft If you want to give it a whirl

I've got a stock R11 Blur (real one) but it's an X flex. I'll bring that shaft If you want to give it a whirl
No idea how that will work out for me. Hopefully after the ATL Tour Van stop I will have more of an idea in regards to shafts that go good in it for me. But the stock Blur (stiff) didnt cause me any issues.

No idea how that will work out for me. Hopefully after the ATL Tour Van stop I will have more of an idea in regards to shafts that go good in it for me. But the stock Blur (stiff) didnt cause me any issues.

It was a pretty soft feeling shaft, so it kinda felt like a S+. I'll still bring it in a couple weeks and let you see what you think. Three swings should give you an idea.

I may have to grab that from you. Let me see what I can come up with in regards to shafts. Me and the PL Red = bad things. I cant hit the ball Wake-high like you can.

I would imagine you can grab the stock shaft stupid cheap on ebay.

I think you should get amp'd. It's an awesome driver.

War, I have a great shaft for you dude. It's the Yonex Rexis (red), which is their "higher" launch shaft. It's already tipped and ready to rock n' roll.

I'm pondering putting the R9 back in the bag for a couple of range sessions and a round. SOmetimes I really miss that driver.

The Orange Rexis was really nice. I think the Red one would be awesome.

I still have 84 minutes to purchase something completely guilt free.

S..M...e anyone? hmmm...
I think an fgp is what you need son.

I think an fgp is what you need son.

I actually just sold an FGP.. It didn't work for me. The face, just something about it wasn't right for me. I was really unhappy about it too.

I'm focused on the si2 or si3.. Leaning towards the si3 for something just a touch different.

I actually just sold an FGP.. It didn't work for me. The face, just something about it wasn't right for me. I was really unhappy about it too.

I'm focused on the si2 or si3.. Leaning towards the si3 for something just a touch different.
Nice man, just do it son. get yourself a seemore.

I think you should get amp'd. It's an awesome driver.
Thanks for reading my posts, Frank. I put the Amp in to play during my round with Freddie, Wake and Trout yesterday. I liked it a good bit, but did not like the 9* head I was hitting and didnt like the open setting to raise the loft. I am thinking a 10.5* in the Amp would play nice with me.
War, I have a great shaft for you dude. It's the Yonex Rexis (red), which is their "higher" launch shaft. It's already tipped and ready to rock n' roll.
Intrigued. L series?

Thanks for reading my posts, Frank. I put the Amp in to play during my round with Freddie, Wake and Trout yesterday. I liked it a good bit, but did not like the 9* head I was hitting and didnt like the open setting to raise the loft. I am thinking a 10.5* in the Amp would play nice with me.

Intrigued. L series?

Sorry buddy, I have been working a lot lately

Sorry buddy, I have been working a lot lately
Just giving you some hell, Frank.

Freddie brought his Amp yesterday for our round, and I put it in to play for a while. I loved the feel of it, and put some good swings on it. Would need to tinker with it a bit, as I wasnt a fan of the RIP shaft in it, but I tell you what, I could play a wicked cut with it...even if it was only about a foot off the ground. Took the heads off a few gophers, I did.

Intrigued. L series?

That's the one bro. It's sweet. You want to try it for a while? I'll send it out by the end of the week.

Just giving you some hell, Frank.

Freddie brought his Amp yesterday for our round, and I put it in to play for a while. I loved the feel of it, and put some good swings on it. Would need to tinker with it a bit, as I wasnt a fan of the RIP shaft in it, but I tell you what, I could play a wicked cut with it...even if it was only about a foot off the ground. Took the heads off a few gophers, I did.

Do you find the RIP to be a bit harsh? I've personally never gotten along with the RIP myself.

That's the one bro. It's sweet. You want to try it for a while? I'll send it out by the end of the week.
If you want to send it this way, I wouldnt mind giving it a run.
Do you find the RIP to be a bit harsh? I've personally never gotten along with the RIP myself.
Not sure what it was about it, to be honest. Just didnt have that nice feel to it like I was getting through the ball well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back