Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not disagreeing with any of that.

I like those low spin heads. From the numbers I've seen, they fit me better.

Admittedly, I don't know much about the spin generated from various heads or shafts. I just swing it and see what I like.

For a reference point, is the Covert low spin or high spin?

Sounds like i need not waste my time
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Hypothetical MC TM ponder may need to be adjusted to Jetspeed at the top.

Admittedly, I don't know much about the spin generated from various heads or shafts. I just swing it and see what I like.

I believe the tour version is pretty low spin

Im pondering the new Bridgestone ball. I want to see what they have in store for us.

Soon...VERY soon.

Speedblades not doing it for you anymore?

I am not disagreeing with any of that.

I like those low spin heads. From the numbers I've seen, they fit me better.

I know you're not, just having a conversation.

Low spin is best for lots of people, my only comment on the SLDR has always been that it's lower spinning than a ton of heads but it also sacrifices more forgiveness than a ton too. That's all, we're all different and have different needs and give/take willingnesses on distance/forgiveness.

The holy grail for me would be a pretty forgiving, low spin driver. I like the J40 for the spin characteristics and it works well with the DI-6 shaft that I adore, but when I'm not swinging well, I get punished for it.

I'm pondering the 430 version...need to find one to hit.

You're one of the few people that could probably do well with that thing. Anyone that isn't a really good ballstriker doesn't even need to consider that club.

Tour version is low launch low spin.

The holy grail for me would be a pretty forgiving, low spin driver. I like the J40 for the spin characteristics and it works well with the DI-6 shaft that I adore, but when I'm not swinging well, I get punished for it.

You're one of the few people that could probably do well with that thing. Anyone that isn't a really good ballstriker doesn't even need to consider that club.

You have probably tried it already but the 913d2 is probably right in that wheelhouse. It has the same launch and spin characteristics as the 913d3 and the 910d3 and numerous shaft options.

I absolutely adore the SpeedBlades, but not being able to play them has my mind wandering. My biggest equipment regret is that I didn't buy a set of Diablo Forged irons--if the Apex are anything like those, I will own them. And I have enough spare parts (excluding the SpeedBlades) to trade in to have a fun little competition between the two.

I absolutely adore the SpeedBlades, but not being able to play them has my mind wandering. My biggest equipment regret is that I didn't buy a set of Diablo Forged irons--if the Apex are anything like those, I will own them. And I have enough spare parts (excluding the SpeedBlades) to trade in to have a fun little competition between the two.

Diablo forged were amazing...and I've only ever hit them indoors

You have probably tried it already but the 913d2 is probably right in that wheelhouse. It has the same launch and spin characteristics as the 913d3 and the 910d3 and numerous shaft options.

Funny thing is that I've never tried a Titleist driver. Just not a company that I'm drawn to, so I haven't tried their drivers.

Funny thing is that I've never tried a Titleist driver. Just not a company that I'm drawn to, so I haven't tried their drivers.

They're boring. Solid performers. Very consistent. But boring.

You should definitely try it. Its the most forgiving 'lower spin' driver that I have tried.

I'll tell you a low spin monster that you must try....

She goes by the name Bertha and she is the Alpha. You won't be sorry giving her a chance.

I'll tell you a low spin monster that you must try....

She goes by the name Bertha and she is the Alpha. You won't be sorry giving her a chance.
Unfortunately, it's going to be a no go for me. Too low spin, just not what I need in a driver.

Unfortunately, it's going to be a no go for me. Too low spin, just not what I need in a driver.

Well then my friend you might enjoy the tasty offerings of her very shapely sister. She's pretty good too.

Well then my friend you might enjoy the tasty offerings of her very shapely sister. She's pretty good too.
And that is the one I have my eye on!

And that is the one I have my eye on!

She's a looker!

Honestly I really don't think you can go wrong with either offering. If I got paired with the right shaft the BB would be a great option as well.

She's a looker!

Honestly I really don't think you can go wrong with either offering. If I got paired with the right shaft the BB would be a great option as well.
While shaft pairing will be a role in it, I do believe with past results with low spin drivers that there is just no reason to try and force it with so many other options are available, especially in this case with the Big Bertha being available opposite of the Alpha.

I'm pondering a couple wedges... Mack Daddy or 588 are grabbing my attention... leaning towards the MD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While shaft pairing will be a role in it, I do believe with past results with low spin drivers that there is just no reason to try and force it with so many other options are available, especially in this case with the Big Bertha being available opposite of the Alpha.

You are a smart man. But just because you haven't had good success with low spin drivers before I really think this one brings a whole new element to the table. I am not saying it's going to work for you but I also wouldn't right it off either.

Xmas money = 2 new wedges for 2014

The wedge ponders continue

You are a smart man. But just because you haven't had good success with low spin drivers before I really think this one brings a whole new element to the table. I am not saying it's going to work for you but I also wouldn't right it off either.
No doubt, dude. I cant wait to get some swings with it, as i will definitely give it a fair shake. I am jsut referring to past experiences with low spin drivers.

Typically, for me, low spin drivers just really kill me with the launch. It's not that the results are terrible, but to get the ball up in the air I just have to pair it with a SUPER high launching shaft combo.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Yeah I remember you saying that higher spin drivers are better for you, like the Cleveland Black. It's easier to start in a spot where the launch is closer. But FWIW I was launching both drivers about the same, only difference was the BB had a little higher spin.

But I think you would get more out of the BB than the alpha. That sliding perimeter weight has me really intrigued.

I really liked the 910. Still have the FWs. (You've seen those.)

It took a lot of effort to pull the 910D2 out of my bag. I wasn't overly impressed with the 913 series, though. Didn't seem like much of an upgrade over the 910.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back