Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super ultra extra game improvement irons. I need them lately.

I really liked those hybrids. I've long thought about the 3 wood as a candidate for my bag.
Well, after getting the irons, I've pulled the trigger on a 3w, 5w, and now the 4hybrid.

I figured since I got a free Cleveland bag with the irons, I should fill it with their clubs.....

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Snapping or just coming unepoxied?

Two broke, and after a swing that felt real weird the other day, I noticed my 6i has a noticeable bend to it. I cannot think of anything that happened on or off course that would have caused it, so I half wonder if something happened in transit/shipping of this batch or something.

Two broke, and after a swing that felt real weird the other day, I noticed my 6i has a noticeable bend to it. I cannot think of anything that happened on or off course that would have caused it, so I half wonder if something happened in transit/shipping of this batch or something.

That’s wild.

And makes me glad I use the Tour’s haha

Well, after getting the irons, I've pulled the trigger on a 3w, 5w, and now the 4hybrid.

I figured since I got a free Cleveland bag with the irons, I should fill it with their clubs.....

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

And they are damn solid clubs

Iron shafts. It’s been a war of attrition with the Elevate 95s that came in my Apex - another one bit the dust yesterday, and Callaway has offered to swap out for something else.

I like the profile, but I honestly don’t trust these. I’m sure it’s not a widespread issue with it being the stock shaft and all but I know how in my head I get, so I’m just going to move on.

That's a bummer but glad Callaway is offering that. Know which way you are leaning?

That’s wild.

And makes me glad I use the Tour’s haha

Like I said, I’m sure it’s a fluke and Callaway CS is absolutely fantastic for giving me the option in terms of wanting to swap if I want to go that route. So good to deal with.

@jman its been more of a quiet ponder. More of an old fashioned hawkponder

That's a bummer but glad Callaway is offering that. Know which way you are leaning?

No clue. The feel of the Elevate 95s is pretty addicting, and my numbers with them were fantastic at ECPC. At the same time, my swing speed is back up now that I’ve healed up from whatever back/hip nonsense I had, so going back to that 115-120g weight that’s been my comfort zone for years is tempting.

Either way I’ve got to play a backup set for a couple weeks while they get fixed, and my birthday is coming up, so might have some fun with this and from a shaft ponder into an iron ponder, and keep the Grandaddy set the one I got there...

No clue. The feel of the Elevate 95s is pretty addicting, and my numbers with them were fantastic at ECPC. At the same time, my swing speed is back up now that I’ve healed up from whatever back/hip nonsense I had, so going back to that 115-120g weight that’s been my comfort zone for years is tempting.

Either way I’ve got to play a backup set for a couple weeks while they get fixed, and my birthday is coming up, so might have some fun with this and from a shaft ponder into an iron ponder, and keep the Grandaddy set the one I got there...

I read that and think KBS Tour

I read that and think KBS Tour

The Elevate tours come in at the same weight as well. But KBS is tried and true in terms of being in the top at pretty much every fitting I’ve done in the past 10 years or so.

Right now don’t have any serious ponders, although I wouldn’t say no to being fitted for a new driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lesson or two...my swing isn't great right now.

I am sooooo torn on combo sets.

Apex CF19/Pro 19 or Srixon Z585/Z785.

For me personally the Srixon wins on looks/feel(sound), but the Apex won on distance by a slight advantage, especially as you get into the long irons. Absolutely love both though and really can’t go wrong with either. Just depends on preference. The combo set of Apex and Apex pro in the matte finish brings those looks way closer, and they certainly don’t look bad at all. Just absolutely love the looks of the Srixons.

I can't decide to get an F9 or just wait a few months and see what's next for Cobra drivers.

I can't stop thinking about the Tour Edge Iron Woods!

HL3 #2 ironwood.

Really really considering grabbing one for an experiment.

HL3 #2 ironwood.

Really really considering grabbing one for an experiment.

The HL4’s will be out on August 1st. BTW, I have the #2 and #3 HL3 iw’s and they are great.

Ok officially done with the rogue heavenwood. Back to searching for the v series heavenwood

Hmmm…I wonder if I can still handle swinging this in a fairway?

325c9138211eb5507a0c8bb6730b59b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically a beginner golfer here getting back into the game again. Couple years back bought a refurb set of clubs from Callaway, forget exactly which they were, but more of an entry level set. X or something like that. Anyway, the irons in the set are 5-9 with a sand and pitch wedge as well. Driver, 3 & 5 wood along with a 4 Hybrid.

My question is, do I need a 3 iron to add to the set? Thinking I might want one to just add to it. Any others I might want to add in to my bag as I am back out on the course more often now.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

In the market for golf balls for this week as I apparently stopped keeping track that I’ve been losing a bunch. But what to get...

Tour BXS?
TP5?
Chrome Soft X?
Z Star?

Or do I switch it up just a bit and try the Z star XV again or the Tour B? So many decisions.

I might be leaning TP5 or Tour BX.

In the market for golf balls for this week as I apparently stopped keeping track that I’ve been losing a bunch. But what to get...

Tour BXS?
TP5?
Chrome Soft X?
Z Star?

Or do I switch it up just a bit and try the Z star XV again or the Tour B? So many decisions.

I might be leaning TP5 or Tour BX.
Go to lostgolfballs.com and try them all for a fraction of retail.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

thinking of changing up my grips again

star grips have my eye at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back