Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so easy.

Full rock star status
I saw Canadan hit the longest heavenwood I've ever seen it was an absolute bomb

Okay for those of you talking about the heavenwood....I have a X2hot pro 5 deep at 18.5*

How much different is if the Heavenwood than the 5 deep?

Okay for those of you talking about the heavenwood....I have a X2hot pro 5 deep at 18.5*

How much different is if the Heavenwood than the 5 deep?

Very different. Shallower face, low CG, lighter shaft and overall design. 20.5 loft, but 43 inch shaft, so 7 wood loft with 3 wood shaft length. Really promotes getting the ball up in the air with ease, and it excels at that.

Very different. Shallower face, low CG, lighter shaft and overall design. 20.5 loft, but 43 inch shaft, so 7 wood loft with 3 wood shaft length. Really promotes getting the ball up in the air with ease, and it excels at that.

Thanks Dean.....I need to hit one of these soon

Only thing I'm remotely pondering is maybe a v series 3 wood. The heavenwood is just so silly good. On the flip side, it's pretty much eliminated having a 3 or 4 wood in the bag.

I feel the same way. I love my heavenwood but I'm not sure how much more I would get out of the 3 wood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still trying to figure out what I want to do about my 3h spot - swap it out with a 7w, or try yet another hybrid in hopes that I can find one that I get along with. I've been trying my older Cally Warbird 5w in that slot, but it's just not cutting it off the deck, which is where I'd use it 90% of the time.

Still trying to figure out what I want to do about my 3h spot - swap it out with a 7w, or try yet another hybrid in hopes that I can find one that I get along with. I've been trying my older Cally Warbird 5w in that slot, but it's just not cutting it off the deck, which is where I'd use it 90% of the time.

utility iron. I love my Srixon u45 20*. Great off the deck and tee, easy to hit. Or callaway version

utility iron. I love my Srixon u45 20*. Great off the deck and tee, easy to hit. Or callaway version

You know, that's one option I hadn't considered... I have no issues with my longer irons, that makes sense to ponder.

Lots of callaway right now.

Alpha is stuck in my mind right now thanks to tpluff

XR Pro irons will be my next set

ChromeSoft needs to be the next dozen I buy

Saw the PM grind in person yesterday and absolutely loved it.

Callaway is just killing it now a days

I love my TE Exotics Trilogy 7W. Can get them for cheap. Not an expensive experiment at the very least.

What is the yardage gap you are trying to maintain? If you are used to the warbird, the Heavenwood is the best thing out there IMO. Great off the deck and the tee, you'll see nice trajectory and distances.

CPO has 20% off right now also.

You know, that's one option I hadn't considered... I have no issues with my longer irons, that makes sense to ponder.

I love u45 20* and jlukes was having success with his. Ball flight is lower than with a hybrid which I like and my tendency to pull the hybrid disappears with the utility. I have been able to draw and fade with it.

XR Pro irons will be my next set

Saw the PM grind in person yesterday and absolutely loved it.

Callaway is just killing it now a days

which Alpha?

What is the yardage gap you are trying to maintain? If you are used to the warbird, the Heavenwood is the best thing out there IMO. Great off the deck and the tee, you'll see nice trajectory and distances.

CPO has 20% off right now also.

190 - 200 yards. My 3w, when hit well, is around 210-220 depending on how well I catch it. I just seem to have a mental block against hybrids. I'm on my 4th one and I can hit them ok occasionally but no matter how much I practice with them, I can't hit them well on the course.

190 - 200 yards. My 3w, when hit well, is around 210-220 depending on how well I catch it. I just seem to have a mental block against hybrids. I'm on my 4th one and I can hit them ok occasionally but no matter how much I practice with them, I can't hit them well on the course.

I'm at 210 max with the Heavenwood. I put the Vseries 3w in the bag to cover 210+ and off the tee on tighter driving holes.

If you can track down a Heavenwood I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Sounds like it's just what you need.

Alpha 815 stuck in my head too, demo'd 1 today
ChromeSofts already in my bag - loving them.

I was hoping to have the Alpha in hand but sales guy failed me.

mikeg is right. Heavenwood does sound like it would fit the bill. Josh made me hit it this weekend and it just wants to go high and straight.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

which Alpha?

For now the 2014 one. tpluff let me hit his and it made up my mind for me

Last edited:
I'm pondering a mini driver...I only use the 3w ever off the tee and if I can get a little bump in distance with some forgiveness, it could be my favorite club

The Bertha 1.5 really has my eye right now...too bad I'd have to wait a couple weeks to get it

I'm considering a 4 hybrid to replace my current 3 hybrid and 4 iron. My current 3 hybrid isn't enough longer than my 4 iron to justify taking up an extra spot in my bag. Hoping to find something that will go around 200-210 yards that's easy to hit off the turf. Right now I'm looking at an x2 hot 22 degree on CPO.

I was pondering some Bridgestone DF irons and they have finally just been released here in NZ this weekend but for about $1400-1500 a set they are way out of my price range. :sad:

XR or XR Pro irons. Need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back