Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some new wedges. Truly open to anything.

I've looked at MD2 T Grind, PM Grind, RTX and Hopkins. The new MD3 look good as well.

New driver. I've never had a fitting before and hoping to take my current driver to compare to some new ones on the monitor. Just have to decide if I'm going to go all in on whatever works best, or limiting myself to last years models to save a couple hundred dollars.

Discounts on CPO are making it really hard to stay away from the 815 DBD or XR Pro. Must use discipline

A lot of unexpected expenses has me pondering NOTHING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need a 17 degree fairway wood. Something that goes through the rough as easy as on the fairway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well now that I have pretty much overhauled my whole bag I am contemplating a range finder. Lately I've been hurting myself by not knowing distances to hazards, dog legs or if pins are tucked back on greens. I have a gps watch which for the most part does the job, I'm just wondering if the range finder might be a better solution. I've used my phone for gps but that drains my battery like crazy. It's just money right?

GPS watch and Callaway players shoes

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Range finder!

Oh and.. I hit a Vapor Speed 4 iron tonight... I don't think I've ever hit a 4 iron better. Definitely the "easiest" 4 iron I've ever hit. Not really pondering a set, but man, that 4 iron was sweet.

Range finder!

Oh and.. I hit a Vapor Speed 4 iron tonight... I don't think I've ever hit a 4 iron better. Definitely the "easiest" 4 iron I've ever hit. Not really pondering a set, but man, that 4 iron was sweet.
Just get a Cleveland MT 4i, basically the same thing... Same designer.

Japanese wedges, was looking over them last night

It is insanely similar to the MT... My best friend plays the Vapor Speeds and I hit them last night... they were quite surprising to me. I remember hitting the MT's when they first came out and they seem almost identical to the Speed's.

Trying to finalize something very very cool to commemorate my daughter and someday be hers when she hits high school.

The ponder is real, and so is the work going into trying to make it turn into a reality by a couple putter makers.

Japanese wedges, was looking over them last night

That is a dangerous ponder...The Miura ones have been on my list for years and I know there is a lot more like them in Japan. Which ones caught your eye?

Agree - the only thing I liked better about the Speeds was the heavier stock shaft, but for the price of the MT 4i, you can get really any shaft you want, and even pay for the work to put it in for cheaper than the Vapor Speed iron would be.

Contemplating putting a Black Tie S into my DBD. That was my ideal shaft from my last fitting. Might have to pick on up to mess with it...

I play Wilson Staff D-100 irons.I like them.I hit an old demo Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 6 iron (2012 model i think).I would never have considered trying an iron this size / shape because i am an 18 handicap newer golfer.I have never hit a club as consistently straight or with as good a ball flight as this.My jaw was officially dropped. I need........

Range finder!

I'm glad I steer clear of Nike in general or this would be another iron set to add to my list of ponders. Already added the J15 cast and AP1 714s to my growing list recently.

Pondering to replace my wedges with some of the new MD Callaway ones. The thing is I don't really know which options to go with so many lofts/bounce options. Anyone recommend a pairing of a Mack Daddy PM-Grind and 2 MD3 Milled Wedges to help complete a bag?

Pondering to replace my wedges with some of the new MD Callaway ones. The thing is I don't really know which options to go with so many lofts/bounce options. Anyone recommend a pairing of a Mack Daddy PM-Grind and 2 MD3 Milled Wedges to help complete a bag?
Do you game a 60°? If so you could do 56 and 60 pm grind then a 52. My current set up. If you game 58 then a pm in 58 and 50 and 54 in md3. Grinds would totally depend on your swing and turf conditions in your area. My preference is to get a middle wedge (54 or 56) with a bit more bounce to have some variations for different lies I may come across during a round

Do you game a 60°? If so you could do 56 and 60 pm grind then a 52. My current set up. If you game 58 then a pm in 58 and 50 and 54 in md3. Grinds would totally depend on your swing and turf conditions in your area. My preference is to get a middle wedge (54 or 56) with a bit more bounce to have some variations for different lies I may come across during a round

Currently game a 56 & 60 to go along with my Speedblade PW (45) & AW (50). I live in the Bay Area so I have conditions of all varieties within a good 30 mins.

Currently game a 56 & 60 to go along with my Speedblade PW (45) & AW (50). I live in the Bay Area so I have conditions of all varieties within a good 30 mins.
The pm 56 and 60 compliment each other perfect. 56 having bit more bounce for those fluffier lies, and 60 for the tight ones and ease of flopping if needed. The gap wedge I game is a bridgestone J15 which is a bit longer in shaft length, but I don't see any issue putting in a md3 50 or 52 in that spot

Trying to finalize something very very cool to commemorate my daughter and someday be hers when she hits high school.

The ponder is real, and so is the work going into trying to make it turn into a reality by a couple putter makers.

I've heard some of your ideas. I'm really excited to see this one come together.

For my ponder, looking to finish off the full Callaway bag, the local shop has an X2Hot 4h new for $99. This one might replace the G25, just because it's Callaway.

I've heard some of your ideas. I'm really excited to see this one come together.

For my ponder, looking to finish off the full Callaway bag, the local shop has an X2Hot 4h new for $99. This one might replace the G25, just because it's Callaway.

You could enter to get into the Grandaddy and get a full bag. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back