Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any desire to try an Optiforce 10.5 in MD441 and CAA_Beat flex?

haha thanks man Ive tried that one before, didnt fall in love with it

Vapor Flex 3 wood. Suddenly the bag is becoming heavily volt.

Vapor Flex 3 wood. Suddenly the bag is becoming heavily volt.

I had a feeling it was going to happen sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a feeling it was going to happen sooner than later.

Made the mistake of demoing one at Edwin Watts when I was checking out irons the other day. Been on my mind ever since.

Santa better have room in the sleigh.

I used to love it, now the XR has my affection...(for now) so it's just sitting with the other unloved toys :D

He has to think April seems like 5 years away...ha

it feels like an eternity thats for sure

Iron shafts, or new irons. Went through a fitting with my instructor, and ended up WAY more consistent (and surprisingly longer) with DG S300 than the KBS Tour R that are in my 545s now.

On another note, is it weird that I'm bummed out that I got fit for arguably the most boring shaft you can buy?

Pondering a j815 10.5* or j715 12*

Steel or graphite?

Steel - heavy seems to just fit better for me, and graphite once you get into that range is pricey. Saw way better results w/ the DGS300 than I did with anything else. Most likely I'm going to finish putting the DG Pros that J4U was kind enough to send my way in the 545s, but it's fun to ponder full clubs...

On another note, is it weird that I'm bummed out that I got fit for arguably the most boring shaft you can buy?
Not at all, I think we all totally get it. That's where the going into fittings with an open mind on the results is so important, but yet so tough. We all want to find out we are best suited for something exotic sounding.

Iron shafts, or new irons. Went through a fitting with my instructor, and ended up WAY more consistent (and surprisingly longer) with DG S300 than the KBS Tour R that are in my 545s now.

Not surprised by this, given how you were hitting your irons and the distances compared to mine the last time we played. Also DG S300 will bring down that ballflight of yours.

Not at all, I think we all totally get it. That's where the going into fittings with an open mind on the results is so important, but yet so tough. We all want to find out we are best suited for something exotic sounding.

Yeah, though I guess at the same time, that's a shaft that you're pretty much going to find has zero upcharge 99.9% of the time. So maybe I should count my blessings.

Yeah, though I guess at the same time, that's a shaft that you're pretty much going to find has zero upcharge 99.9% of the time. So maybe I should count my blessings.
That is a plus. PXi upcharge stinks with a lot of OEMs.

is a little disappointing to be fit to what is stick in most offerings. But when it's something that works you gotta role with it

Odyssey headcovers. Still. Even after trading for an OG No 3 Jacks one.

Either new shafts for my XR irons or new irons with properly fit shafts. The stock PX 6.0 stiff shafts in them are way too light at 58g and were frequency testing out very, very soft to flex. I've have my worst dispersion (distance, left, right) season ever. For "health" reasons, I'd like to stay with graphite so some Aerotech(ish), heavier Recoil or a fitter recommended I look at Loomis EFP -- all of which can give me heavier weight, firmer flex, etc. I love the distance and the impact cushioning I see with the XR club head so I'm not that anxious to change.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Either new shafts for my XR irons or new irons with properly fit shafts. The stock PX 6.0 stiff shafts in them are way too light at 58g and were frequency testing out very, very soft to flex. I've have my worst dispersion (distance, left, right) season ever. For "health" reasons, I'd like to stay with graphite so some Aerotech(ish), heavier Recoil or a fitter recommended I look at Loomis EFP -- all of which can give me heavier weight, firmer flex, etc. I love the distance and the impact cushioning I see with the XR club head so I'm not that anxious to change.

What's your swing speed with a six iron. And with your tempo look like? I just recently went through a fitting and tried steelfibers, recoils and the matrix program all In stiff flex. They are all soooo different. Tried them in the XR Pro heads

With my XR 6i, SS is 86, carry about 180-185, tempo is "moderate". With my previous gamer (steel DGXP S300, 30 deg vs 27 deg) it was about 80 with carry in upper 160s. I've hit the Aerotech steelfiber and actually thought they felt like a lightweigh DGS300! No experience with other shafts but PX 6.0 8 iron tested out at 274 cpm at 36.5" which is quite a bit flexy for me.

With my XR 6i, SS is 86, carry about 180-185, tempo is "moderate". With my previous gamer (steel DGXP S300, 30 deg vs 27 deg) it was about 80 with carry in upper 160s. I've hit the Aerotech steelfiber and actually thought they felt like a lightweigh DGS300! No experience with other shafts but PX 6.0 8 iron tested out at 274 cpm at 36.5" which is quite a bit flexy for me.

Recoils have more "kick" to them if you will. To me the best option in the Steelfiber line was the i95s. My 6i SS is 95. Maybe a Steelfiber 95 in R-Flex may be an option. Maybe even the S-Flex. The i110 was a completely different beast and dispersion was all over the place for me with those

I'm sure your getting the added swing speed in your gamers because of the lightweight. Something in the 95g range in graphite could be nice. Heck the recoil 760/780 ES shafts that come in the Apex CF16 are a solid stock offering in my opinion.

For me, The Matrix program F15 shafts in a 95-S for my aggressive downswing produced the best results. I hit the ball a mile into the air so I needed something to bring my flight down. And my swing doesn't like heavy weight steel shafts.

I definitely recommend you trying them. The steelfibers vs recoil are just 2 different shafts that produce different results and have 2 distinctly different feel to them. The recoil 880 , 95, 110 are all different feeling IMO.

Here's my dispersion chart with the different shafts I tried so you can get an idea..

ad9617c4eb70c710c2548a155e33cac0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back