Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a birdieball green I think. My putting has gotten downright awful and that needs to change

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Keep it that way until after Regional Rivalry.

I need a birdieball green I think. My putting has gotten downright awful and that needs to change

If you didn't live so far away, I'd just give you mine. Don't use it nearly enough.

If you didn't live so far away, I'd just give you mine. Don't use it nearly enough.
Well truly I have plans for the upstairs just don't think the wife will take kindly to what I want to do. So I figured a birdieball is a good ponder until I get the no on the other plan

Also you can move here

All the sudden, I seem to have quite the long ponder list:

1. 816 DBD
2. 816 DBD 3 wood (not sure whether 14 or 16 would be better)
3. Apex hybrid to replace the 4-iron
4. MD3s in 50, 54, 58 because my current PW to 52* setup leaves too big a gap.

I'll probably only have the funds to pull the trigger on one of those things this spring, and I can't really decide which one I want to pick. Before taking another look at the 816 3-wood thread, I probably would have said wedges for sure, but all the raving about the 3-wood has me considering that one instead. The driver and hybrid are both tempting, but probably less necessary. I think the 816 would for sure be an upgrade on the 815 DBD, but I hit that one pretty well and I probably need more help elsewhere in the bag. Same thing with the hybrid. I'm thinking an Apex 4 would be just about perfect -- probably slightly longer than my XR Pro 4-iron and more forgiving -- but I hit the 4-iron fine, so there's not a huge need either. What do you guys think?

Spend the $ and get a Tour Links.

I gave my birdieball away about a year ago. While it does a decent job in comparison to carpet, I never really felt motivated to get on it and putt. It's basically like a denser foam.

Go big, LB. Go big.

All the sudden, I seem to have quite the long ponder list:

1. 816 DBD
2. 816 DBD 3 wood (not sure whether 14 or 16 would be better)
3. Apex hybrid to replace the 4-iron
4. MD3s in 50, 54, 58 because my current PW to 52* setup leaves too big a gap.

I'll probably only have the funds to pull the trigger on one of those things this spring, and I can't really decide which one I want to pick. Before taking another look at the 816 3-wood thread, I probably would have said wedges for sure, but all the raving about the 3-wood has me considering that one instead. The driver and hybrid are both tempting, but probably less necessary. I think the 816 would for sure be an upgrade on the 815 DBD, but I hit that one pretty well and I probably need more help elsewhere in the bag. Same thing with the hybrid. I'm thinking an Apex 4 would be just about perfect -- probably slightly longer than my XR Pro 4-iron and more forgiving -- but I hit the 4-iron fine, so there's not a huge need either. What do you guys think?

C'mon Mike! Just line up some more cases for you to handle! haha

Working on a custom company staff bag from Score 54 golf. Any one have experience with them? Recommendations for others?

Here is rough draft.

74956c3f884fa2183673c42b9dfea261.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am VERY interested in the new Nike RZN balls. I know they are only out as "PROTO" now, but would really like to give them a whirl when they come out! The technology looks pretty cool so I wonder how it will actually perform.

So I'm trying to decide which irons I'll be gaming this coming season. Which ever I decide to take to vegas at the end of this month is staying in the bag (at least I'll try damn hard lol)

All 7 irons
First 3 apex pro 16 ctaper lite x
Next 2 mp5 matrix program f15 120g x
Next 3 srixon 945 matrix f15 120g x
cb83c3060d4833ff28d9405540937b74.jpg

Consistency of strike goes to apex pro. Ball speeds of 112,113,113 and carry of 157, 157, 158. Longest of the bunch 945??? Really hard to judge by these numbers. And FWIW 7 iron is the club I pull when I'm around 195 here in denver and I DO NOT get 10 yds of roll lol. Looks like on course result is the only real way

So I'm trying to decide which irons I'll be gaming this coming season. Which ever I decide to take to vegas at the end of this month is staying in the bag (at least I'll try damn hard lol)

All 7 irons
First 3 apex pro 16 ctaper lite x
Next 2 mp5 matrix program f15 120g x
Next 3 srixon 945 matrix f15 120g x

Consistency of strike goes to apex pro. Ball speeds of 112,113,113 and carry of 157, 157, 158. Longest of the bunch 945??? Really hard to judge by these numbers. And FWIW 7 iron is the club I pull when I'm around 195 here in denver and I DO NOT get 10 yds of roll lol. Looks like on course result is the only real way

Smash factor is lowest w/ the Apex at least - Srixon looks to have the tightest left-to-right dispersion, though I don't know if I'd make a decision on 3 swings. I'm partial to those 945s...

Working on a custom company staff bag from Score 54 golf. Any one have experience with them? Recommendations for others?

Here is rough draft.

74956c3f884fa2183673c42b9dfea261.jpg

Bag looks good no experience with them I used Vessel Bags two yrs ago and I am still happy with the bag.

Nike RZN tour blacks.

Smash factor is lowest w/ the Apex at least - Srixon looks to have the tightest left-to-right dispersion, though I don't know if I'd make a decision on 3 swings. I'm partial to those 945s...
Smash would be same on all. Golfsmith gc2 without hmt means a preset smash used to calculate head speed ;). This was at the end of swinging many drivers and 3 woods so pretty well warmed up and into a groove. Apex pro with steel shaft is the shortest with lowest ball speeds but they are consistent (ballspeed and carry). Bit more ball speed with the programs out of the other two. Perhaps to make a fair judgement I need to install the programs in the apex pro.... $$$$

King LTD head

Not many ponders, now (they fluctuate, quite a bit), but I have wanted a SeeMore FGP deep flange since they were released, and now there is a choice between the milled and the Del Mar with the insert.

A strong 3w. Xr pro 3deep, 816 14° are front runners

Cobra F6 driver........It's calling my name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back