Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one?

Mxm1 or 7.

Always been a fan on the two ball for some reason.

Just so many Odyssey's I could see myself gaming.

A driver... I don't need one, I just want a new driver...

(and possibly a matching 3W teehee)

that works well with the Tour Green shaft...

This is how the majority of my ponders starts out. "I don't need one....but I want one..." haha

Mxm1 or 7.

Always been a fan on the two ball for some reason.

Just so many Odyssey's I could see myself gaming.
Mxm 2ball! Welcome!

Hit a bunch of stuff at GS today. Here are my random thoughts:

Wilson C200 iron: definite performers, got to see the forgiveness with these firsthand. I don't think I had a bad shot with them.

Cobra Forged Tec: felt great at impact, saw my swing speed creep up a little. I liked how these set up at address.

Ping G Crossover: hit the 3i. Really liked how the club swung, was going straight and giving me same distance I see out of my 3h. Easy distance and stayed on line. I could see these being great for those that don't enjoy hybrids but want more ease if use than a long iron.

King Cobra LDT driver: I liked the club head shape and was easy to swing through impact. Didn't see any distance gain.

Ping G: eh, just didn't get along with it. I hit the G30 better and almost the best driver for me out of the ones I hit.

Callaway XR16: another one I really liked the club head shape. Swing speed was great, but struggled keeping this one on line. I'd like to get it outside based on what I saw to see if I can get dispersion better.

Finally, I hit the GBB HW. I just reaffirmed I'm getting this soon. With the adjustability and getting to know how long I hit each loft, this will be the X club work horse for me.
Have recently hit all of those clubs. Did not like the new Ping driver at all but loved the XR16. Both of the iron sets you mentioned were awesome for me. By far 2 of my top ponders.

GPS Device...

I hate wearing a watch during a round, so I always just clip it to the bag or lay it in the cart. Therefore, I am trying to decide Bushnell Neo XS or Neo Ghost. Trying to decide if I want just a small hand held or an actual watch.

GPS Device...

I hate wearing a watch during a round, so I always just clip it to the bag or lay it in the cart. Therefore, I am trying to decide Bushnell Neo XS or Neo Ghost. Trying to decide if I want just a small hand held or an actual watch.

I have a SGX Id trade for a dozen balls

GPS Device...

i have a leupold gx-1i used for a few months. i loved it and still miss how small it was. but when amazon ran that deal on the pro 1m slope i jumped on that and have stuck with it. pm me if you're interested.

Happy #WPF everyone

Mine is some PMP wedges!

This may finally be the year I get new wedges but I will save my ponders for Friday after the PGA show.

I saw these last night in person and have to say I was impressed.

I hit a few with them wiht my jacked up hand and i get the ball to check up maybe 2 out of every 10, but saw it happen WAY more frequently with these.

I say go for it. What are shaft options you are considering? I have a couple suggestions but curious what you are considering first

TBH I'm not sure, I don't know about the fubuki, I got along with it okay in the Cally BB but I would say maybe the tour green or tour blue? really a novice about shaft and head pairings

I fully support this ponder. The J815 is truly a great driver. I say just do it!!

haha well then i'll send it to you to reshaft buddy!

I adore my PM Grind's, but I am absolutely positively wanting the PMP's.

Seen a pic of the 2016 King Cobra wedge.
Already pondering the black ones

TBH I'm not sure, I don't know about the fubuki, I got along with it okay in the Cally BB but I would say maybe the tour green or tour blue? really a novice about shaft and head pairings

haha well then i'll send it to you to reshaft buddy!

Im not a fan of fubuki either and was underwhelmed with it in the j715 and j815. The tour green and tour blue were the two shaft ideas I had for you. Was thinking if you went 12* tour blue might be a better option. 10.5 either would work.

another option I liked was the speeder 665. On the j715 I had some good results with ad di 6s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back