Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked up Lajosi's instagram page. That was a bad idea.

BAM!

DSC_0026_zpsfatjiyt1.jpg

That's the thing though, when I sit down and consider which one would I want, I don't know where to start...

M1, J815, JGR, F6, King LTD, Callaway Great Big Bertha... I dunno probably a few others

do you have the chance to hit any of those? i've hit j815, ltd and gbb, and they're all night and day different from each other. looking forward to trying jgr and f6, but probably just for gits and shiggles since i'm so happy with j815 right now.

do you have the chance to hit any of those? i've hit j815, ltd and gbb, and they're all night and day different from each other. looking forward to trying jgr and f6, but probably just for gits and shiggles since i'm so happy with j815 right now.

I've hit all but the F6 and King Ltd and JGR.

Want to do a fitting with them, the 815 when i hit it i don't think i had the right shaft in it for me so i'd like to hit it again

I've hit all but the F6 and King Ltd and JGR.

Want to do a fitting with them, the 815 when i hit it i don't think i had the right shaft in it for me so i'd like to hit it again

i hated the fubuki zt shaft in the driver, and i hated the fubuki z shaft in the hybrid. i have tried the dvs i have in there now, and a kai'li. i have an aldila rogue black on the way that i think is a made-for from a titleist club. the dvs took a little getting used to, but now i'm really enjoying it. so i would agree that the right shaft with the j815 can really make it pop, problem is where do you go to demo multiple shafts with bstone tips?

i hated the fubuki zt shaft in the driver, and i hated the fubuki z shaft in the hybrid. i have tried the dvs i have in there now, and a kai'li. i have an aldila rogue black on the way that i think is a made-for from a titleist club. the dvs took a little getting used to, but now i'm really enjoying it. so i would agree that the right shaft with the j815 can really make it pop, problem is where do you go to demo multiple shafts with bstone tips?

agree 100% with you. In the hybrid I did the test drive with the tour green the zt and another one and took them to my fitting. but the test drive options for the j815 in standard are lacking imo...

That's where I get frustrated, I am tempted to pick up the j815 head that's in the marketplace and then get a few shafts put some bstone adapters on and go to work. but then that elevates this much higher than a ponder haha

I don't need to be doing this, but I'm a sucker for Never Compromise putters. Got my eye on a couple ...

I don't need to be doing this, but I'm a sucker for Never Compromise putters. Got my eye on a couple ...

Which ones are you eyeing? I actually just gave my 2013 Morgan Cup gamer this year to a youth player at my home course and he is dominating the greens with it. Great putters and beautiful face milling.

Which ones are you eyeing? I actually just gave my 2013 Morgan Cup gamer this year to a youth player at my home course and he is dominating the greens with it. Great putters and beautiful face milling.
The Sub 30 (Type 10 and 30). I have a Milled Series 4 and the Sub 30 Type 40 already. Need to add to the collection, and that insert is awesome. I wonder if that's the insert Cleveland used in their Smart Square and Classic Collection Insert lines.

Sort of pondering an Odyssey Jailbird, Sabertooth or 7 since they are starting to show up on clearance under $90-100. Really prefer the look of blades but some part of me says "add a mallet, you know you want to" every couple months.

Based on projected weather forecast.
a08e9005336f716077aa7fefda23ffcc.jpg

Looking at a 48, 52, 56, 60 complete overhaul...cant seem to pull the trigger quite yet, probably because I really don't need them even tho my wedges are a few years old, just want them really bad

The Sub 30 (Type 10 and 30). I have a Milled Series 4 and the Sub 30 Type 40 already. Need to add to the collection, and that insert is awesome. I wonder if that's the insert Cleveland used in their Smart Square and Classic Collection Insert lines.

I had the Culebra and it was awesome.

connoisseur_culebra_large.jpg

That's definitely a piece of equipment, probably one of the more expensive one's in this whole thread. Nice!

agree 100% with you. In the hybrid I did the test drive with the tour green the zt and another one and took them to my fitting. but the test drive options for the j815 in standard are lacking imo...

That's where I get frustrated, I am tempted to pick up the j815 head that's in the marketplace and then get a few shafts put some bstone adapters on and go to work. but then that elevates this much higher than a ponder haha

I say go for it. What are shaft options you are considering? I have a couple suggestions but curious what you are considering first

After hitting the new ping crossover hybrid on the launch monitor at golfsmith and seeing the results, this club is definitely at the top of my list. I love they way it felt in all aspects of my swing. This club most likely will be my next purchase.

I fully support this ponder. The J815 is truly a great driver. I say just do it!!

Odyssey...still!!!

Hit a bunch of stuff at GS today. Here are my random thoughts:

Wilson C200 iron: definite performers, got to see the forgiveness with these firsthand. I don't think I had a bad shot with them.

Cobra Forged Tec: felt great at impact, saw my swing speed creep up a little. I liked how these set up at address.

Ping G Crossover: hit the 3i. Really liked how the club swung, was going straight and giving me same distance I see out of my 3h. Easy distance and stayed on line. I could see these being great for those that don't enjoy hybrids but want more ease if use than a long iron.

King Cobra LDT driver: I liked the club head shape and was easy to swing through impact. Didn't see any distance gain.

Ping G: eh, just didn't get along with it. I hit the G30 better and almost the best driver for me out of the ones I hit.

Callaway XR16: another one I really liked the club head shape. Swing speed was great, but struggled keeping this one on line. I'd like to get it outside based on what I saw to see if I can get dispersion better.

Finally, I hit the GBB HW. I just reaffirmed I'm getting this soon. With the adjustability and getting to know how long I hit each loft, this will be the X club work horse for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back