Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt. Guess this will be a long term ponder because the D200's are a bit too pricey for the budget right now. #NeedToBuckleDown

Just get yourself squared away with the 5&6 irons. You're good enough to hit those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M2 HL fairway.

Also pondering selling/trading my Scotty for something else.

TR1966-847.jpg

Need.

Is that beached? I've never rolled a beached putter but from what I've read I'm not sure I'd like the louder more pop face. Sure looks good though

Is that beached? I've never rolled a beached putter but from what I've read I'm not sure I'd like the louder more pop face. Sure looks good though

It is indeed, 50th anniversary release, also a non-beached silver satin version. I will own one.

That is cool looking, however I don't know why Ping has never done it for me in the putter department. Most of the time Anniversary editions move the needle. Not this one for me.

I will not ponder anything this week that is shown at the PGA show...

(Said no one ever)

That is cool looking, however I don't know why Ping has never done it for me in the putter department. Most of the time Anniversary editions move the needle. Not this one for me.

I could fix their putter department. Mark it down.

I'd be interested in these. We have a few older putters like these in my grandparents and parents garage. they don't sit flat though and it's annoying, but kinda fun haha. Wouldn't mind giving a modern putter a run with the old school look.

I'd be interested in these. We have a few older putters like these in my grandparents and parents garage. they don't sit flat though and it's annoying, but kinda fun haha. Wouldn't mind giving a modern putter a run with the old school look.

FWIW, this is pretty much an exact build of the original, including headweight at 340g. Most of those didn't sole right for us now because the lie angle IIRC was extremely upright.

FWIW, this is pretty much an exact build of the original, including headweight at 340g. Most of those didn't sole right for us now because the lie angle IIRC was extremely upright.

Oh they are very upright. But I don't think that's the main problem. for the ones we have I believe they were thrown around and got bent over the years haha. Like original from the 60's and 70's putters that have been jammed into old bags, barrels, and other stuff for decades haha

I sent Kari an email...

W/S F5's... Really wish I could choose a different shaft than the XP's on RBG...

RBG had me seconds away from reworking all my wood/hybrids with F5s but I just can't buy a wood or hybrid anymore without trying first and getting fit.

Just saw the 2016 Cobra King wedges! I WANT!!

RBG had me seconds away from reworking all my wood/hybrids with F5s but I just can't buy a wood or hybrid anymore without trying first and getting fit.
A smart man, you are.

But it would make me feel better if you bought more clubs, so you should do it :alien:

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

W/S F5's... Really wish I could choose a different shaft than the XP's on RBG...

I was thinking of trying those out in graphite at the price. I play the Kuro Kage in a lot of my woods/hybrids, but I don't know how I'd like that profile in an iron.

Pondering the putter I will be purchasing later this week.

Cant wait, honestly. I ALMOST want to not see it, order it, and then be surprised when it gets here.

Hmm.

I wonder if I could do that?

Thinking about definitely picking up one of the new Ping Anser 1966 Anniversary Putters. I think I would go with the Anser 2 (silver one with the sight line.) These are pretty sweet looking, and I love how they have the famous Ping sound slot on the sole.

Thinking about definitely picking up one of the new Ping Anser 1966 Anniversary Putters. I think I would go with the Anser 2 (silver one) with the sight line. These are pretty sweet looking, and I love how they have the famous Ping sound slot on the sole.

One model does, one doesn't, but they are definitely very very cool. I'm with you, I'm eyeing the 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back