Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, that was just because I have extra callaway tipped driver shafts and I got bored with them sitting there. Did pick up a big bertha 13.5* for her though.
Yeah yeah yeah

Wilson Staff....Century Blades....for the past two or so years.

2016 Big Bertha stand bag. Thanks a lot Fuppy

Standing by my teaching pro and ignoring my CallAway clubs or anything to do with Callaway.Said these aren't meant for high handicappers like myself.So as of now I'm saving a little away each pay period to get a custom fit set designed by him.Should have all the specs designed for me to take advantage of what I'm learning.Hate to buy a new set of clubs since I rarely play golf in general.But in trusting his judgment as he has been influential on my progress

Standing by my teaching pro and ignoring my CallAway clubs or anything to do with Callaway.Said these aren't meant for high handicappers like myself.So as of now I'm saving a little away each pay period to get a custom fit set designed by him.Should have all the specs designed for me to take advantage of what I'm learning.Hate to buy a new set of clubs since I rarely play golf in general.But in trusting his judgment as he has been influential on my progress

I don't know what clubs you have, but Callaway absolutely makes clubs that suit higher handicap golfers. They've got a complete line.

that's a red flag for me, when people give false equipment info..

nothing to do with callaway, if he said that about TM, Cobra or Titleist it would be the same red flag, most companies have sets for every type of golfer.

I don't know what clubs you have, but Callaway absolutely makes clubs that suit higher handicap golfers. They've got a complete line.
I have a set of Great Big Bertha Irons from the 90's.My teacher has been coaching for 20 years.If he says a brand of club isn't meant for me than i believe him.As of now it doesn't matter what I swing as I've been struggling ever since I started golf 3 decades ago.He said he will design clubs that are meant specifically for me and my abilities

It's your money. Do what you want with it. Hope you're happy with new clubs you'll most likely pay way too much for, not really need, and never be able to resell if you want to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

interesting iron ponders. I had a feeling you would like the m1
I hit my j15 df vs cf16 with apex 110 f4, pxg 0311t with matrix program x flex and j15 cb with ctaper 120 stiff on the range. All 9i and all about 10x or so. I was a club longer with the pxg and j15cb than the other two. I even hit the cb on the course a few more times and was still longer. It isnt something I expected but real life testing doesnt lie. So I could go pxg but my bank account says no lol.

I don't need it. But I'm pondering a Bushnell V4 slope. My V3 is fine. But I want the latest and greatest.

It's your money. Do what you want with it. Hope you're happy with new clubs you'll most likely pay way too much for, not really need, and never be able to resell if you want to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know about the moving on thing.I quit golf for 12 years,and many a time i thought about quitting for good.Im hoping buying his clubs really motivates me to become more than a 3-5 round a year golfer.He knows this as well,and said this custom set will benefit me like no other equipment I could buy off the shelf.Im taking his word for it.Without his motivation and persistence with me I'm positive that I was headed to quitting this game for good

I don't need it. But I'm pondering a Bushnell V4 slope. My V3 is fine. But I want the latest and greatest.
Im with you on this. I love my V3 but something about the size, ergonomics and slope feature that i want

Man, I'd have to run the other way fast if someone said any of the big OEM's didn't make equipment for a specific set of golfer, especially Callaway. The XR and XR OS are some of the easiest and longest irons I've ever hit. I'd have to call BS that he could make anything better for you than the new XR OS irons after hitting them the other day, but it's your decision and money. Customize them for you for shaft type, length, and lie wise sure...but man that would make me laugh and leave if that happened to me.

I have a set of Great Big Bertha Irons from the 90's.My teacher has been coaching for 20 years.If he says a brand of club isn't meant for me than i believe him.As of now it doesn't matter what I swing as I've been struggling ever since I started golf 3 decades ago.He said he will design clubs that are meant specifically for me and my abilities

There's definitely forgiveness to be gained by moving to a more modern set of irons - but to discount an entire brand (who has some of the better GI irons out there, IMO) is a red flag to me.

There's definitely forgiveness to be gained by moving to a more modern set of irons - but to discount an entire brand (who has some of the better GI irons out there, IMO) is a red flag to me.
You guys are all accomplished players.For me a bogey always feels like a birdie to me.And that is my goal,bogey golf with maybe a par here or there.Ever since I started the game 30 years ago the best I can do is maybe 1/5 shots in the air cleanly.With this teachers help,my goal will be 3/5 or better.He does this for a living and has a huge following.Without his lessons this fall in positive my clubs would've gone in the attic for good.Im trusting his judgment,and if he leads me wrong at least I can say I tried to get better at golf.

You guys are all accomplished players.For me a bogey always feels like a birdie to me.And that is my goal,bogey golf with maybe a par here or there.Ever since I started the game 30 years ago the best I can do is maybe 1/5 shots in the air cleanly.With this teachers help,my goal will be 3/5 or better.He does this for a living and has a huge following.Without his lessons this fall in positive my clubs would've gone in the attic for good.Im trusting his judgment,and if he leads me wrong at least I can say I tried to get better at golf.

I'm not too far removed from breaking 100 being a really good day for me - put in the work, you'll get there. Good luck! I think you'll definitely see some improvement from moving to a more modern iron, regardless of brand.

Loving mine right now.

Rolled one the other day and was VERY surprised. It had some heft to it and when I looked it up online its at 365g. I play at 376g and was surprised I noticed the weight on the Ping to be heavier. Normally I pick up a blade putter in the 350g range and it feels too light. This one Felt GOOD though

I hit my j15 df vs cf16 with apex 110 f4, pxg 0311t with matrix program x flex and j15 cb with ctaper 120 stiff on the range. All 9i and all about 10x or so. I was a club longer with the pxg and j15cb than the other two. I even hit the cb on the course a few more times and was still longer. It isnt something I expected but real life testing doesnt lie. So I could go pxg but my bank account says no lol.

some solid testing there and none of those are in your normal flex. J15cb are solid irons and we saw that last year at BridgestoneU.

I was shooting in the upper 90s and a few 100s early last year and the year before along with some late last year. There is so many great options available to the golfer in terms of equipment and forgiveness not only in the latest releases cycles from all OEMs and probably in the last two cycles. In the GI Callaway, Wilson Staff, Cobra offer some great options that.

I hope you find the enjoyment in playing and get the results from your lessons as I have benefited from them recently.

Apex 3h

Ohhhhh buddy. onto pondering my favorite thing for Emily's new gear. Putters...oh the possibilities.

My putting mirror broke (don't ask) so I ponder a new one.

I'd also like a Kostis putting professor but I'm cheap.

My putting mirror broke (don't ask) so I ponder a new one.

I'd also like a Kostis putting professor but I'm cheap.

.... How did you manage to break a faux mirror?

.... How did you manage to break a faux mirror?

I said don't ask. Hahaha

Had to shift things in the man-cave to make room for the seemore putter display to move to the other side of the room and let the fancy putter rack go in its old place. Apparently slid the Tour Links on top of it partially and without knowing that I stepped on the green while moving putters. CRACK! Sad James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back