Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Oh boy. Just found the thread. I have a respectable SS, but I certainly still fall into the realm of mere mortal... guess I'll be looking elsewhere haha
Any way you can go somewhere to hit one? As with anything, swing transition style matters, but the Hulk is definitely geared to those aggressive transitions more than anything else, even in the lighter flexes.

I say that I only care about numbers... but that PVD finish on the small batch is one of the coolest looking shafts ever haha. Any more thoughts or a thread on the green?

The green is the hulk for a reason. Stiff throughout. Solid shaft. I know there is a thread that a search would bring up. Check the PX site too. There is always keenan on this site too. I forget his name. @Jman We could use your help.

On the fence right now if I sell my Swag Handsome One Raw (and sealed Canadian King cover) or not.

Limited rounds (3), coupled with decent putting with a Huntington Beach #1, and lack of confidence with the SWAG has me thinking I should move it.

Any way you can go somewhere to hit one? As with anything, swing transition style matters, but the Hulk is definitely geared to those aggressive transitions more than anything else, even in the lighter flexes.

I'm looking around local to see where may have one. Hopefully can give it a rip and see what happens.

Pondering shafts again.

Oh my god! I am doing the same. And leaning accra hard
I have a choice to make, well, myself and some Small Batch brethren :unsure:

Ohhhh what kind?!
I just purchased a set of catalyst 100 shafts only for my coach (who now works at club champion) tell me they are wrong for me. I want to try graphite so I'm setting up an iron fitting with him.

I just purchased a set of catalyst 100 shafts only for my coach (who now works at club champion) tell me they are wrong for me. I want to try graphite so I'm setting up an iron fitting with him.
Is it the catalyst part that’s wrong or the 100?

I’m curious, what was/is “wrong” for you about them?

Thinking of doing something with irons. I hit the 8-AW in my combo set as good as anything, but the longer irons are horrific. Not sure if it's a weighting or other issue. Just not getting along with them, while hitting pretty much every other spot in the bag well.

Thinking of going a more GI route based on what worked in my fitting, but I'm a bit conflicted - I hit the short irons really, really well in the combo set right now. But I'm not someone who's trying to move the ball around much - pretty much trying to play a straight ball. So that setup works well.

A very good putter that was not the right stroke fit for me is on its way back to PGATSS. Time to try another in my quest. Prefer feel of milled and slight toe hang. Toulon? Scotty? Blade? Mallet? Go more exotic?

A set of Hi-Toes....Maybe

I may be pondering carry bags again shortly. Having a hard time negotiating the four-way top on my Players4. More than once yesterday I pulled the wrong club.

A very good putter that was not the right stroke fit for me is on its way back to PGATSS. Time to try another in my quest. Prefer feel of milled and slight toe hang. Toulon? Scotty? Blade? Mallet? Go more exotic?
I’m loving my Bettinardi. Never thought I would go away from an insert, but this is Mid mallet that is milled with a small amount oh toe hang. Fits my erratic stroke perfectly.

Is it the catalyst part that’s wrong or the 100?
I’m curious, what was/is “wrong” for you about them?
To be honest, I'm not sure. He immediately thought the shaft was wrong and I don't know why. He does know my swing well as he helped me build it. I will bring the forum along when I do the fitting. I will hit the catalyst 100 shaft in the head and I will let you guys know what wins out. Hopefully I get all the data and can share it. I'm currently playing nippon modus 105 stiff shafts which i was previously fit for.

With all these equipment releases articles this morning:

Wow. Talk about a busy Monday with new releases. Thanks THP for the best roll out information I've seen.

Anyway, I am looking to get slightly more forgiving irons that still give me spin, flight, distance control, etc. Right now I am thinking both the JPX921 Forged and Taylormade P770 irons are right on the money. The combo options are interesting too if I want more precise control in shorter irons with the 921T and P7MC. Heck, I might find full on love with those. This is a fun day and ponder is BIG for these. I just need swings to see how these feel in my hands.

Wedges. My beloved Engage's are coming to their end and I am ready for something new and shiny.

I'm pondering not changing a thing for at least a year. I think I am hitting the ball well enough that lessons are what I need to improve.

But a new bag would be nice.....

I need to avoid this thread for a while. I have nearly replaced every club in my bag since last year. This has to stop. New Maltby 56° is coming this week. That should be my last new club for at least 2 years unless something breaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need a lesson on how to hit a driver. I can't stop skying it or a low hook. I did try my old Cobra SZ400 a couple weeks ago and didn't have this problem but maybe I'll try that again. It has to be a swing flaw and not a shaft issue. I had the same issue with the Evenflow blue I had in my F8 that I have now in my Attas Coool.

I am so in love with playing demanding irons, the shots that I pulled off today are another confirmation that I absolutely CAN play them if I want to, so, why not play them?

I am so in love with playing demanding irons, the shots that I pulled off today are another confirmation that I absolutely CAN play them if I want to, so, why not play them?

I'm with you. I still think the combo set is the way for me in this particular line, but crap I'm having way more fun with these and playing decent golf.

Back