Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I want a new driver, a new fairway wood, and new irons!!!! Impress me new releases, I beg of you!

I want/need something to beat out my SIM
fairways this year.

There are contenders....

I'm pondering a ton of things right now.. Might have to rebuild the entire bag

I am pondering making my first complete set of clubs second hands only. I have two clubs and a bag only so far but I want to see if I can resist buying any new clubs.

It's new gear season gents!!!

Great time of the year for me! I'm in a downtime because of winter. I have tended to spend the last couple winters researching, viewing and swinging new club offerings. And as much as I convince myself that I don't need anything, the more I convince myself that I have to hit the new gear. I'm definitely hitting the Radspeed (to compare it to the Speedzone Xtreme)

I am looking for a new putting mat.
Is the PuttOut mat worth the money, compared to something at like half the price?

Pondering some new irons. Thinking about something in the game improvement category with a little more forgiveness.

2019 - Apex Irons & Putter
2020 - Mavrik Driver
2021 - Wedges. Wedges are on the radar this year. MD4's have been nice but wanting to compare to the Jaws.

2019 - Apex Irons & Putter
2020 - Mavrik Driver
2021 - Wedges. Wedges are on the radar this year. MD4's have been nice but wanting to compare to the Jaws.
With all of the sand you hit into (Sand in dirt not Bunkers), You're due to replace them.
Be sure that you compare spin - old vs. new.

Last edited:
I am looking for a new putting mat.
Is the PuttOut mat worth the money, compared to something at like half the price?
More than worth the money. Check out the homepage review ;)

More than worth the money. Check out the homepage review ;)

I definitely checked it out 2 years when it hit the main page, and have revisited it since pondering.

Could you add how has it held up over time?

I definitely checked it out 2 years when it hit the main page, and have revisited it since pondering.

Could you add how has it held up over time?
It would take someone working hard to damage it, it’ll last forever

It would take someone working hard to damage it, it’ll last forever
I should have specified. I was thinking more along the lines of rolling it up, putting it away, rolling it out again.... moreso if it is still able to lay flat after repeated re-rollings.

So I'm thinking that since the colorway of my Vessel bag is different than what my last couple of bags have been I may need to look into some new head covers....

Currently on the hunt for something that catches my eye.

Pondering a replacement for my Ping G15 4 hybrid. Looking for more consistency in that spot. Something that doesn’t go left... Thinking Sim Max, Ping G410, or possibly TEE.

I'm still pondering hard a Cleveland Soft Premier 10.5 center shaft. I also liked the TaylorMade Spider S when I rolled it this weekend but not as much as the Cleveland.

I'm still pondering hard a Cleveland Soft Premier 10.5 center shaft. I also liked the TaylorMade Spider S when I rolled it this weekend but not as much as the Cleveland.

Can't say enough good things about my #4 Cleveland HB Soft Premier.

Reactions: KEV
Pondering a few new putters and a wedge

Back