Official Golfing Weather Thread

9:30 tee time. Light rain overnight but course should be in great shape. 71* at tee time with partly sunny skies should be perfect.

Had some thunderstorms come in on Sunday afternoon, luckily it didn't last and I was able to finish the round.

Attachments

• IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 4
Heading out soon for an 0710 tee time. It's currently 88 degrees (at 0610), with a forecast high of 110 today, 5-10 mph winds. Should be toasty.

Ok, I just gotta say this. My playing partners are usually my son in law. He's 42. A friend of his. He's also 42. My grandson. He's 18. Sometimes my other grandson. He's 16. I'm 64. The weather was hot yesterday. 102 degrees. We started at 1:30. My son in law and his friend tapped out after 9 because of the heat. My grandson was thinking about until I said "I'm still good. Heat's not bothering me that much". So he reluctantly finished with me. But was not his usual self. He's a 9 handicap and he shot a 48 on the back nine. I'm 64 years old. I didn't do any better than him but my 49 on the back is not unusual for me. I had to let them know this old man had no problem with the heat. Just the course. :cool:

This was yesterday during our MGA event. This guy is nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High of 109° forecast for tomorrow - should be over 90° when we tee off at 0700. This morning it was 90° at 0630 when I got to the course, about 100° when we finished, with a high of 106 for the day.

Just missed a rainstorm that was rolling in today.

Attachments

• IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1
Got driven off by a two hour thunderstorm yesterday. Finished 9. Got the rain check. Got soaked as the lightening started .

I saw on the local Vegas Valley weather report we can expect some 110* + degree days to start popping up. This is to be expected this time of year around here.

I tell visitors to the area to bring their own shade.

Golf wise this is good time of year for us. The best part is the green fees are reduced to entice more golfers to play in this hotter weather.

The next 6-8 weeks will be pretty warm, depending on how many thunderstorms develope, and move through the area.

Played last Monday and teed at 7am...off the course at 9:45 and was 90 at 9:45.....played Friday after not thinking I would...teed at 1pm at 95...Got off at 5pm and was whooped. No water on course. Must bring what you will drink and I carried my bag and not gonna carry a gallon of water...So my 24oz was gone after 12 and the last few were a death march. Was very humid too. I could wring out my shirt when done.

Playing Thursday. 2:12pm
Temp is supposed to be 94* and heat index of 100*
its going to be hotter than a “Kenny Rogers Roaster out there”

Supposed to be 100 here on Sunday. Bombs away!!!

...Golf wise this is good time of year for us. The best part is the green fees are reduced to entice more golfers to play in this hotter weather...
I love summer golf in the desert - cheaper prices and nowhere near as crowded. If you're hearty (or crazy!) enough to play in the heat, any tee time after about 7:30 am is wide open and you'll have the whole course to yourself. Bring lots of water, move slow and play fast.

Screenshot_20200707-114813_Firefox.jpg

Gonna be brutal later in the week.

Oh, you poor babies! It's hot! I'd like to bring you out here to experience what we've been having.

I used to be in the wine business, and spent quite a bit of time in California. One year, we toured the Napa Valley in August. That place can be smoking hot in August! One thing I noticed was that my clothes didn't stick to me. Another was that when the sun went down, it got cool out!

That's LOW humidity!

You should thank God if you have it, and consider moving if you don't!

97* tonight with a real feel 105* ... Hot as hell

91° here right now, at 6:00 am. High of 110° today, thankfully we'll be done golfing before it hits that.

Yesterday was hot as hell..... 89* close to 90% humidity.
shot 85
Today, close to 4” of rain.... courses closed!

Last edited:
It's a bit hot today - around 90*. But I am going out to play 9 after work.

Greens will be slow in Eastern PA tomorrow. Hopefully no standing water. Thanks Fay...

I really really really want to play this afternoon but this is the forecast. The 81% humidity has me a bit condemned that I will die.

Attachments

• DBB79285-EAC0-4854-96B0-F580C4A700EA.jpeg
    DBB79285-EAC0-4854-96B0-F580C4A700EA.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 11
Heat advisory for the 4:00 tee time this afternoon. Bring it on! 🔥

It was a hot one today. 93 real temp, but the app said it felt more like 99.

Back