Official Hole In One Thread

can’t believe it but i got my first hio today. 154. wanted to hit a little push draw. absolutely pured it. i may or may not have twirled the club. we watched it track toward the hole. someone said get in. it landed right by the home and spun in. we all erupted. @dhartmann34 was there to see it. he even called it on the first par 3 saying he wanted to see someone get a hio today. i can’t explain how good it felt. and to get it off a perfectly struck shot. what a day!!!

View attachment 9056373

Great job @McLovin !!! With a player like you I wouldn’t be surprised if you have more in 2022

Seeing all the great stories on this thread really depresses me.
Thinking about taking my shag bag to a par 3 at my home course and just hit shots until I get one

Hole in one on 12/23 at my home course.
165 yards, 7 iron left of flag and rolled in. Fun to share it with my pops and two friends.

165 yards, 7 iron left of flag and rolled in. Fun to share it with my pops and two friends.
Congrats! Was it your first?

can’t believe it but i got my first hio today. 154. wanted to hit a little push draw. absolutely pured it. i may or may not have twirled the club. we watched it track toward the hole. someone said get in. it landed right by the home and spun in. we all erupted. @dhartmann34 was there to see it. he even called it on the first par 3 saying he wanted to see someone get a hio today. i can’t explain how good it felt. and to get it off a perfectly struck shot. what a day!!!

View attachment 9056373
Holy snikes dude!!! Congrats!!!!

I was coming in here to see if you posted about it.

With tracer.

Screenshot_20220111-171621_Video Player.jpg

20220111_155539.jpg

It finally happened today. #9 of the second 9 of the day. We lasered it at 177, it's downhill but tends to play close to true. Everything tends to get held up when it gets over or out past the trees. 8 iron (even 9i on the right day in the summer) has been coming up short and leaving a longer putt in the winter cold, so went with a chippy 7i even though I tend to pull my hands in and toe that shot every time I try it. Just tried to guide it and it was tracking well. I can't see **** in the low light but heard it hit, and then didn't see it on the green. And that was that. :D

Now a particular forumer (@Snickerdog ) gave me a little grief about not getting very excited, so let me just say this. The video is edited short, for language of disbelief :LOL:, and I DID get excited..

Screenshot_20220111-193301_Video Player.jpg

so much so that I kind of tackled a guy and samurai'd my phone into pieces with the butt end of my 7i in the process.

Screenshot_20220111-201132_Video Player.jpg

I like to the think the phone was just trying to catch me as I left my feet here and we accidentally collided. :ROFLMAO:

But it has finally happened. And it feels pretty sweet. It's not easy to be a plus cap that's always around the pin and shooting low scores having never had a HIO. It surprises everyone, so they like to talk about that. And how they have one (or three). Lol Happy to finally be part of the club. :p

Speaking of the club, I can't help but think of a fellow good golfer who doesn't have one, and the dream

@Canadan gets his Ace with the new blades and retroactively loses every argument against them from the last few years.

I have for him. :p So tag, you're it @Canadan . It's your turn man. Go get one!!! Rooting for you. 👊

With tracer.

View attachment 9059079

View attachment 9059078

It finally happened today. #9 of the second 9 of the day. We lasered it at 177, it's downhill but tends to play close to true. Everything tends to get held up when it gets over or out past the trees. 8 iron (even 9i on the right day in the summer) has been coming up short and leaving a longer putt in the winter cold, so went with a chippy 7i even though I tend to pull my hands in and toe that shot every time I try it. Just tried to guide it and it was tracking well. I can't see **** in the low light but heard it hit, and then didn't see it on the green. And that was that. :D

Now a particular forumer (@Snickerdog ) gave me a little grief about not getting very excited, so let me just say this. The video is edited short, for language of disbelief :LOL:, and I DID get excited..

View attachment 9059080

so much so that I kind of tackled a guy and samurai'd my phone into pieces with the butt end of my 7i in the process.

View attachment 9059083

I like to the think the phone was just trying to catch me as I left my feet here and we accidentally collided. :ROFLMAO:

But it has finally happened. And it feels pretty sweet. It's not easy to be a plus cap that's always around the pin and shooting low scores having never had a HIO. It surprises everyone, so they like to talk about that. And how they have one (or three). Lol Happy to finally be part of the club. :p

Atta boy!!!! Love seeing that.

With tracer.

View attachment 9059079

View attachment 9059078

View attachment 9059080

View attachment 9059083

Congrats! So crazy with your ability level its your first. Bet they come a lot easier now. Lid is off the jar.

With tracer.

View attachment 9059079

View attachment 9059078

View attachment 9059080

View attachment 9059083

Wow congratulations and you got it on video awesome!! 🍻

With tracer.

View attachment 9059079

View attachment 9059078

View attachment 9059080

View attachment 9059083

Holy crap man and to have it on film!!! Congrats!!!

With tracer.

View attachment 9059079

View attachment 9059078

View attachment 9059080

View attachment 9059083

Congrats man, that's freaking awesome

@OldandStiff welcome to the club (that i’ve only been a part of for 11 days lmao)

feels f-ing amazing, doesn’t it????

@OldandStiff welcome to the club (that i’ve only been a part of for 11 days lmao)

feels f-ing amazing, doesn’t it????
Yes. Yes it does. Especially after having pretty much stopped even thinking about it.

With tracer.

View attachment 9059079

View attachment 9059078

View attachment 9059080

View attachment 9059083

******* RIGHT! ABOUT ******* TIME! **** YEA!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

With tracer.

View attachment 9059079

View attachment 9059078

View attachment 9059080

View attachment 9059083

Congrats @OldandStiff! 🔥 Can't believe it's your first one, and so awesome that you caught it on video!

View attachment 9056373

Congrats Chris….totally awesome! What a great way to end the year.

I got my first on Saturday. Such an awesome feeling but bit of a nightmare scenario as well. Hole 12 148 yards, 8 iron, Srixon ZStar XV.
It was a nice day for January so it was hard to get a tee time. I got an open spot in a threesome with on 3 guys I didn't know. We chatted a bit and they informed me they were only playing 9. I figured I could continue on alone and it would give me a chance to look for a few balls without holding anything up. They dropped off after 9 and I continued on, but wasnow alone. Step up to par 3 12th as the group in front of me was clearing the green. The cart path on this hole is pretty far right of the green so it was safe to hit. I was setting up and thought to myself that I was in no hurry playing alone, and I stepped away. I had found 3 balls on the previous hole which were still in my pocket so I went and put them in my bag. By this point the group in front was all loaded up and pulling away. I didn't know it at the time, but they weren't just the group in front of me, they could have been my witnesses.
I hit an absolutely perfect shot, straight as an arrow and right at the stick. I knew it was good but couldn't really see it down on the green. I drove up and thought it looked like the ball was right at the stick. I could see the ball so I just assumed it was a couple inches away. I pulled out my phone to video it so I could show my kids later on how close I was. I walked a little closer and it was apparent it was wedged in by the stick and half way down in to the hole.
It was exhilirating. I let out a little yell, jumped up and down a little, and then it hit me.... I was alone. My first hole in one was not officially a hole in one. To make it worse, holes 14 and 15 were closed with snow so I wasn't even playing an official round.
I did know the rule so I gave the flagstick a little nudge and watched the ball drop the rest of the way in (after snapping a couple pics of course).
So... 30 years of golf and I finally get one, but it only officially counts to me. Not the ideal scenario, but it still felt pretty good. At least I got a good story out of it.

Attachments

• image0 (4).jpeg
    image0 (4).jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 8
I got my first on Saturday. Such an awesome feeling but bit of a nightmare scenario as well. Hole 12 148 yards, 8 iron, Srixon ZStar XV.
It was a nice day for January so it was hard to get a tee time. I got an open spot in a threesome with on 3 guys I didn't know. We chatted a bit and they informed me they were only playing 9. I figured I could continue on alone and it would give me a chance to look for a few balls without holding anything up. They dropped off after 9 and I continued on, but wasnow alone. Step up to par 3 12th as the group in front of me was clearing the green. The cart path on this hole is pretty far right of the green so it was safe to hit. I was setting up and thought to myself that I was in no hurry playing alone, and I stepped away. I had found 3 balls on the previous hole which were still in my pocket so I went and put them in my bag. By this point the group in front was all loaded up and pulling away. I didn't know it at the time, but they weren't just the group in front of me, they could have been my witnesses.
I hit an absolutely perfect shot, straight as an arrow and right at the stick. I knew it was good but couldn't really see it down on the green. I drove up and thought it looked like the ball was right at the stick. I could see the ball so I just assumed it was a couple inches away. I pulled out my phone to video it so I could show my kids later on how close I was. I walked a little closer and it was apparent it was wedged in by the stick and half way down in to the hole.
It was exhilirating. I let out a little yell, jumped up and down a little, and then it hit me.... I was alone. My first hole in one was not officially a hole in one. To make it worse, holes 14 and 15 were closed with snow so I wasn't even playing an official round.
I did know the rule so I gave the flagstick a little nudge and watched the ball drop the rest of the way in (after snapping a couple pics of course).
So... 30 years of golf and I finally get one, but it only officially counts to me. Not the ideal scenario, but it still felt pretty good. At least I got a good story out of it.
Hole in one is a hole in one. Counts in my book!

And with the change to the rules allowing the flagstick to remain in the hole, the entire ball does not need to get below the top of the hole to be considered holed anymore.

Count it and mount it! (y)

Back