Official LPGA Thread

Inkster is adopting a good, pragmatic approach to the Solheim Cup.

The face painting and shenanigans aren't what cost the US the last two Cups. I say let them have a good time, be relaxed and if they play good golf they will win.

2015 LPGA year finished over the weekend. Best year ever? I certainly think so.

Great year from the LPGA and another great tournament. We got too see how good Ko is and how great she might be when it's all over. Lexi getting a major, Piller continuing her solid play for another year. Women's golf is in good hands with lots of young talent and some steady veterans.

The product on the course is really really really really good. The LPGA is very much on the uptick.

The product on the course is really really really really good. The LPGA is very much on the uptick.

Totally agree. Very entertaining to watch them play

Good win for Lexi Thompson today. Moves up to #3 in the world and highest ranking American.

She kicked Stacey Lewis out if that spot right? Lexi has earned that ranking and lpga is such fun to watch with so much young talent
Yes took over the spot from Stacy.

Good win for Lexi Thompson today. Moves up to #3 in the world and highest ranking American.

With her homemade swing and awesome power, I heard someone making a comparison between she and Bubba with them both finishing on their toes.

those divots though...OMG...it pains my tendinitis just watching.

Big hitter, the Lexi

de9b98cf6b38db39b661a9210c18a8a2.jpg

I don't know why, but this line from Caddy Shack always pops into my head when I watch her play.

She 's pretty good! Hopefully she'll be a force to be reckoned with for a few years.

And Jessica Korda finished 3rd. She can play a little bit too.:alien:

Right now the LPGA is being overshadowed by the PGA & their young guns, but the LPGA has a bunch of new talent too. It's a good time to watch both.

With her homemade swing and awesome power, I heard someone making a comparison between she and Bubba with them both finishing on their toes.

those divots though...OMG...it pains my tendinitis just watching.

It was meaning drive. It wasn't about homemade swings but to compare how her and bubba get on their toes and their power. It was also mentioned she played with her brothers and she wanted to keep up with them

It was meaning drive. It wasn't about homemade swings but to compare how her and bubba get on their toes and their power. It was also mentioned she played with her brothers and she wanted to keep up with them

You are probably correct, but they are without question, homemade swings.

She's got a ton of skill and a great long career ahead of her. Great to see her lead the American class of players.

Lexi's swing was probably originally home grown, but it was extensively tweaked for several years by Jim McLean.

Lexi has been working to flatten out the bottom of her swing in November 2015 as she started having wrist problems toward the end of last season, but old habits ingrained after hitting hundreds of thousands of shots are difficult to break.

Lexi's swing was probably originally home grown, but it was extensively tweaked for several years by Jim McLean.

Lexi has been working to flatten out the bottom of her swing in November 2015 as she started having wrist problems toward the end of last season, but old habits ingrained after hitting hundreds of thousands of shots are difficult to break.

I hope she can fix it, I enjoy watching her play, but I don't know how she can have a long career pounding the ground like she does.

I didn't think those divots looked too bad? Sergio's were worse at the Honda this weekend.

Just finished watching the finals of The Evian Championship. The South Korean Ladies had 5 of the top 6 spots including the winner.

Why is it that South Korea so often dominate the LPGA leaderboard?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Just finished watching the finals of The Evian Championship. The South Korean Ladies had 5 of the top 6 spots including the winner.

Why is it that South Korea so often dominate the LPGA leaderboard?

good of question but their games from what I see are stronger tee to green than others. Most came to the LPGA to get better work ranking points for the Olympics so there is a much bigger presence now than a few years ago.

Lexi could be there with them if she could learn to putt better on a more consistent basis. Stacey Lewis just can't seem to play consistently enough for 4 rounds and week to week. I thought Jessica Korda was going to dominate but she has fallen off from competing most weeks. Brooke Henderson will be the one who challenges them on a weekly basis as well as Ariya Jutunagarn.

good of question but their games from what I see are stronger tee to green than others. Most came to the LPGA to get better work ranking points for the Olympics so there is a much bigger presence now than a few years ago.

Lexi could be there with them if she could learn to putt better on a more consistent basis. Stacey Lewis just can't seem to play consistently enough for 4 rounds and week to week. I thought Jessica Korda was going to dominate but she has fallen off from competing most weeks. Brooke Henderson will be the one who challenges them on a weekly basis as well as Ariya Jutunagarn.
I'm also speaking of the sheer numbers of South Koreans on the LPGA tour. It's like the Canadians in the NHL. It must be common to put a club in these girls hands at a young age.

The Se Ri Pak effect is definitely a big reason for the amount of Korean golfers and I can see the culture playing a role on their skill development and desire to be the best. The Olympics are a big reason for the influx on the LPGA because the world ranking points are higher on that tour than in either Europe or Asia.

Back