Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't carry the generics at WalMart or someplace?

Just grab a USB cable and plug them into a computer. Their charger is also universal so they use the USB charger.

Just grab a USB cable and plug them into a computer. Their charger is also universal so they use the USB charger.

Wouldn't it be a mini-USB plug? (I don't have a blackberry, so I don't know for sure.)

Motorola Razrs use a mini-USB charger, so that would probably work if you have one of those. Or, sometimes camcorders use a mini-USB cable to attach to the computer (which, like JB said, you could do to charge your blackberry.)

Same deal with digital cameras. Check the cable you use to connect your digital camera to your computer when you download photos.

You are correct Harry. I always forget they are called "mini" because nothing seems to use the regular size anymore.

You are correct Harry. I always forget they are called "mini" because nothing seems to use the regular size anymore.

That's true. I hadn't thought of that.

EDIT: Chargers/cables for GPS units would probably work too.

Bake, I hear you on the tourist thing. We have a lot of camping areas around me & at times they drive me nuts, plus I hit the Dells quite a bit since it's only 25 minutes from me. However from Memorial to Labor day I avoid the area as there are simply far too many tourists. You would think they had never seen a water park or go-cart track before?

Uh, Washington, DC anyone? Utter tourism hell. Now add 11% "state" income tax. Eesh.

You mean I can charge it off my computer? Cool--:brb:

Uh, Washington, DC anyone? Utter tourism hell. Now add 11% "state" income tax. Eesh.

Ah, D.C. in April--every 8th grader in the country is clogging up the metro system at 8 am, long before any tourist attraction even opens. God forbid you should work anywhere near the Post Office Pavilion... .

Claire,
To do so, you must have Desktop Manager installed on your pc. It does not have to be running, but must be installed. Blackberrys have good batteries, so what you can do is just keep it plugged into your pc during the day while you are working and you will never need the wall charger.

NCAA travel curfews.

Yeah sure, it's a good thing, but baseball shouldn't have ties.

Going through every single image in Smugmug and organizing. It will make life so much easier for us down the road, but right now it is just plain awful.

Claire,
To do so, you must have Desktop Manager installed on your pc. It does not have to be running, but must be installed. Blackberrys have good batteries, so what you can do is just keep it plugged into your pc during the day while you are working and you will never need the wall charger.

It's installed at work. So I'll plug it in tomorrow. Thanks! Of course, the wall units will no doubt show up tomorrow as well.

Im sure. Murphy's law. However it is good to just keep it plugged in during the day or for parts of the day and then you do not have to worry about it. And I am with you by the way. GG and I live by these things. I have been using them since before they were phones. Last week the track ball on mine broke. So I decided to go Macguyver on it and of course made it totally useless. For 2 days I was LOST. The new one came and I am back to normal.

Rant of the night:

School tomorrow.

Rant for the rest of your life: work tomorrow.

Bake, I hear you on the tourist thing. We have a lot of camping areas around me & at times they drive me nuts, plus I hit the Dells quite a bit since it's only 25 minutes from me. However from Memorial to Labor day I avoid the area as there are simply far too many tourists. You would think they had never seen a water park or go-cart track before?
I hear ya. Where I live, most of the houses are owned by people from Illinois who only come up on holiday weekends.
Its nice for the most part because there arent many neibors around, but it sucks around here on the holiday weekends.
They all cruise around the subdivision in the golf carts, ATVs, minibikes and go-karts as if its a gated community or something. Its not legal for them to operate those vehicles on public streets, yet they dont seem to understand that fact.
Its one of the main reasons why on holiday weekends during the summer I get the heck out of here and go visit my parents in NE Wisconsin.
Needless to stay, I have very little time or patience for the FIBs. Theres a few of them that are pretty cool, but for the most part they are idiots who think they can come up here a couple weekends out of the year, raise hell, ignore the rules and do whatever they want.

Rant of the night:

School tomorrow.
Get used to it. Life is a nearly endless series of doing things youd rathar not be doing.

Unless you are a PGA Tour Pro.
Im sure even they have parts of their day that they get sick of after a while, such as travelling, sponsor obligations and endless time spent practicing.

Im sure even they have parts of their day that they get sick of after a while, such as travelling, sponsor obligations and endless time spent practicing.

Okay then:

Unless you are a dog

They always love to do everything.

Okay then:

Unless you are a dog

I was thinking "coma" sounds pretty good about now.

Okay then:

Unless you are a dog

I think being a dog would be a great life. Sleep all day, go outside every now and then to do your "business" and chase a ball around the yard.
Man what a life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back