Official Rant of the Day

Missing a media event today that has been on our schedule for months. Tough one.

Texting with someone last night and reading some of today’s posts in a different thread. Just makes me shake my head at what humanity can produce from its lowest common denominators. It never ceases to amaze me how effing dumb and “intentionally” insensitive some people can be.

On that note! I got blocked on Twitter by someone defending their stance of how “trash” THP is last night. I asked for an explanation or some insight, got called biased and was blocked. Lol good riddance. If ya can’t engage on something your passionate about (clearly they were) then youre just plain wrong in your stance.

Everyday, people get more and more ignorant. Grow up.

See it every time when flying...are there that many people who have never flown before? The rudeness and not understanding of processes is comical.
Pretty sure everyone has had to merge while driving at some point in their lives...probably a lot actually...yet every damn morning it’s like a kindergarten soccer game out there.

small rant, but i get so angry at people who do sh1t work. downstairs air handler has been a problem for years, and i finally decided to replace it. we got a good price from our long-time a/c guys. i wanted the air handler replaced, the floor in the return replaced, and thermostats that automatically switch from heating to cooling because in the orlando "winters" you will wake up at 40* outside but it will warm up to 70*.

guys come and install new thermostats, and the air handler. they tell us we need to program the thermostats to switch between heating and cooling. i come home, neither thermostat is programmable, and the f-----g air handler doesn't fit in the closet they installed it in. the door won't close. you can tell the techs just pushed the door as hard as they could to try to close it, because the protective foam is already ripped where the closet door handle is. so they knew it wouldn't close, but still said they were finished and asked for payment. of course my wife didn't try to open the door until they left, and realized the issue.

not. happy.

I had no idea, that tires on the vehicles are deemed unsafe after the 6th birthday of the manufactured date.
My brother had been out of the State with his work position for a few years, coming back soon so he asked me to get his car fueled up and pay the insurance .......
Okay, he changed his tires about 10 years ago with Discount Tires which is a National Chain store. As most of my family members purchased the tires from them.
The car was garaged and stored while he was away and I'll go over to help start the car once in awhile and drive it around the lock to keep it lubricated. The set of tires had less than 15,000 miles on them ( rated 60 K ).
Long story short. I took it to fuel up and stopped by the neighborhood Discount Tire Center to have the tires rotated and balanced.
It was shocking to be told that they do not service any tires older than 6 years from the date of manufacture and the kid proceeded to try to sell me a new set of tires. These tires are in better shape than what's on my truck, for sure.
I understand the safety concern of tires being weathered under extreme climate condition like temperatures over 100. or below freezing which will age the rubber compound faster, but these are not the case.
Okay, so they refused to perform the supposedly included lifetime service offered by them when my brother purchased the tires from the same store..... I can't understand not even to rotate the tires. We're not talking about dismounting the tires from the rim, just take them off the wheels and rotating them.
They said, they could, check tire pressure for my brother's car. So I pulled into the back and have to wait for 10 minutes ( can't touch the air compressor because it's employees only ). Here comes this young man checked the stickers on the door jam and exclaimed the number is 32 PSI so he'll put in 29 PSI.
I said, wait a minute, aren't you supposed to have higher PSI when the tires are warmer like 35 PSI if the sticker says 32 PSI ? He said in all sincerity, No Sir, they told me to put in less than the stick.......
I was not going to argue with the young man just told him to put in 35 PSI and left that store for the last time.

Me, nor my family will go back to that store in the future. Too bad, we had seen some of these young men grow up , promoted or moved on to other jobs. I guess, a set of tires is deemed Medicare worthy after the 6th birthday from manufacturing date.
How do all the dealerships and service centers rotate tires if they refuse to do this with tires older than 6 years ? How about the millions of cars and trucks on the roadway ?

Last edited:
Drove one of my dogs out to a ranch north of town this morning. Ice rain. 25F. Insane ice conditions. Cars and trucks in ditch. A little cloud hit the north area, including part of the interstate. Emergency vehicles everywhere. Get back to town, all is good.

Its snowing. On November 6. Going to be a 7 month winter.

Just got a text from my sister and my grandma passed away this afternoon. We were expecting this as I got to say my goodbye this past Sunday when they though she wasn't going to make it. She's 91 so she lived a good life but it still just effing sucks, she's my last living grandparent and she was cool as hell. She always spoke her mind and didn't care what anyone said while she was smoking her cigarettes and drinking her coffee. She was set in her ways and was even a comedian at times like the last time she was in the hospital they put her on a no salt diet. First thing she asked when I walked into the room was "you got any salt?" LOL She will be missed.

Just got a text from my sister and my grandma passed away this afternoon. We were expecting this as I got to say my goodbye this past Sunday when they though she wasn't going to make it. She's 91 so she lived a good life but it still just effing sucks, she's my last living grandparent and she was cool as hell. She always spoke her mind and didn't care what anyone said while she was smoking her cigarettes and drinking her coffee. She was set in her ways and was even a comedian at times like the last time she was in the hospital they put her on a no salt diet. First thing she asked when I walked into the room was "you got any salt?" LOL She will be missed.
Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear this @jdtox

Its snowing. On November 6. Going to be a 7 month winter.

Yep, a little snow here this morning as well and winter is early with temperatures mostly 10+ degrees below normal the next 10 days. And then winter really begins!

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 2.17.18 PM.png

Condolences to the family @jdtox

Condolences to you and your family. Sorry for your loss.

Yep, a little snow here this morning as well and winter is early with temperatures mostly 10+ degrees below normal the next 10 days. And then winter really begins!

View attachment 8913862

Those temperatures forecasted for next Monday and Tuesday are downright depressing. High of 18 on November 11. Lows in the single digits.

My HOA is meeting tomorrow night, I won’t be in town & they’ve called me 3 times today to verify who is going to vote in my absence. Geeze people, calm down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Condolences on the loss of your grandmother. Glad you were able to see her before she passed.

Sorry for your loss.

Why do you think that 1 week after opening a bar that you'd be doing landmark trade and b*tch and say you're closing if the weekend isn't "great"? It takes time and advertising to get people in, not just wishful thinking. (This is a friend of my wife's bar that I am working at as a second job that I really need)

sorry to hear that. glad you were able to say goodbye.

Coworkers who don't have the courtesy to give you a heads up on things because they are selfish.

My daughter has been running a fever of 100.5 - 103.9 for the last 6 days. My wife has been with her to the doctor 3 times since Monday and they continued to say it’s a virus no medications. Today my wife took my daughter to the ED and they said the same thing...my wife fought for an X-ray and come to find out she has a pneumonia. Really???

I love paying clients but, damn, some will test your last nerve.

Conversation yesterday:

Me: I need the documents by 9 am. I'm leaving the office at noon and will not be back until Monday afternoon. So, to get this done and out tomorrow, get me the documents by 9 am, no later.

Client: Sure, not a problem.

Text this morning:

Client: I had something come up and can't get you the stuff until 11. Is that a problem?

Me: Yes.

Client: Why?

Me: I'm leaving the office at noon.

Client: But, this really needs to be done today.

Me: I told you I was leaving at noon.

Client: I thought you would give me a cushion. You have before.

Me: Not when I've told you I'm leaving the office at a certain time.

Client: Why can't you help me out?

Me: I'm calling you now.

He doesn't answer.

Trying to get a refund for a flight with United. My dad was scheduled to have his kidney removed (cancer) but they canceled due to concerns his heart is not strong enough to survive the surgery. They will do more tests and potentially reschedule. I did buy trip insurance. I don't fly that much outside of work travel and have never gone through this process. It isn't as straight forward as I hoped. Just requested a refund and then apparently after that, depending on the outcome, I can make an insurance claim. Just getting to this point, I think the most frustrating thing is the automated phone crap. Please just let me talk to a human.

Sorry for your loss. Always a difficult time.

Back