Official Rant of the Day

Why can’t the Kellogg’s Cereal Corp. make a decent Rice Krispie treat?! These are straight trash!
43A35F42-6550-4819-B92A-39FA56CBE98B.jpeg

they have a unique flavor. i assume it’s the preservatives. don’t come close to the homemade ones.
Unique flavor...

they have a unique flavor. i assume it’s the preservatives. don’t come close to the homemade ones.
This is with it’s not a real rice crispy treat. Needs to be a lot worse for you than that.

1606708369364.jpeg

Been a crappy weekend - friend of ours who was diagnosed with cancer a couple months ago passed away in the early hours of Saturday morning

Been a crappy weekend - friend of ours who was diagnosed with cancer a couple months ago passed away in the early hours of Saturday morning

Sorry to hear that mate.

I'm so sorry, man.

f*ck cancer 100 times over. Ugh.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Cancer is such a monster.

Another Monday, another Covid scare. Wife is “quarantining” in the guest bedroom despite the fact that we slept in the same bed the last few nights. Less than 5 weeks until the end of 2020.

I do not like winter and it's coming!

Very sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear Doc. Condolences.

We received 10" of snow overnight and more is on the way today.

Another Monday, another Covid scare. Wife is “quarantining” in the guest bedroom despite the fact that we slept in the same bed the last few nights. Less than 5 weeks until the end of 2020.
Well talk about a crap 24 hours. Wife is definitely sick, but it’s not covid, so that’s good. But it stressed my parents out since my Dad is having his other shoulder replaced tomorrow. Covid can go the heck away, I just want some darn normalcy.

i might have said this before but i don't care...i could post this every GD day. either get off the phone when you walk into an office or at the very least TAKE IT OFF OF SPEAKER!!!! why is this so hard to do for people?

12” of snow and counting......and nowwww the power is out. Sweet

I don't know what the reasoning behind this is, so can anyone enlighten me:

I applied for a job at the college I work for. Big step up, double/triple the money, more responsibility.
I didn't get an interview for said job, despite the department head stressing "we want to train people to advance".
Interviews started, and they pre-interviewed 12 people.
Second stage of interviews are coming up for the final 4.

They want myself, my boss, and a lead hand, to all sit in on the final 4 interviews and present questions to the applicants (that are being supplied to us).

Why the heck am I being drawn into this now? I just don't get it.

12” of snow and counting......and nowwww the power is out. Sweet

And we live in snow country because we love the change of seasons :LOL:

I don't know what the reasoning behind this is, so can anyone enlighten me:

I applied for a job at the college I work for. Big step up, double/triple the money, more responsibility.
I didn't get an interview for said job, despite the department head stressing "we want to train people to advance".
Interviews started, and they pre-interviewed 12 people.
Second stage of interviews are coming up for the final 4.

They want myself, my boss, and a lead hand, to all sit in on the final 4 interviews and present questions to the applicants (that are being supplied to us).

Why the heck am I being drawn into this now? I just don't get it.
A few possibilities ( more than one may apply):

1) Craniorectal inversion is rampant among your administration
2) Is the job several levels above your current assignment? They may not want to jump anyone that much
3) They sense your interest in advancement and want you to be exposed to the interview selection process and see how you handle it. Sometimes applying for a job doesn’t get you that job. It gets you the next job
4) Panel selection checks boxes
5) Preplanned questions are intended to provide a level playing field and avoid illegal/discriminatory questions

My takes - 1) applies if you don’t know the answer to 2) and maybe 3)

In my experience as a manager, direct reports who took charge of their careers were generally seen as more competent ( not always true) and advanced further

I suggest a one-on-one with your boss.
- why wasn’t I considered?
- what do I need to work on to be considered?
- can we structure my responsibilities so I get to work on those things?

Just in case you didn’t do this, talk with your boss before applying unless the department is a total train wreck and you want out. (S)he can give it to you straight and help clear the path for you if (s)he knows. You might be surprised by how many openings are really filled this way

I think I’m officially done using USPS. Everything I ship has delays and now they have cost me a decent amount of money because something I sold still hasn’t arrived and it was shipped on 11/9. Buyer wants a refund and who knows where my item is.

I think I’m officially done using USPS. Everything I ship has delays and now they have cost me a decent amount of money because something I sold still hasn’t arrived and it was shipped on 11/9. Buyer wants a refund and who knows where my item is.
I’ve noticed definite slowdowns and missed delivery targets recently. :confused: But no other carrier has been any better unfortunately.

^^^ This statement but replace USPS with FedEx

Doesn’t help that all the carriers are saying delays delays delays

I spent 40 min in USPS to mail a package due to the line 🤷🏽‍♂️

Back