Official Rant of the Day

Yet another test of the Car Payment yardstick of fixing or dumping a car. Just about 30 months ago we had to replace our catalytic converter for $2k, and that one paid off. Today I gave the go-ahead for another $2k, this time for steering and suspension work, and that was with an aftermarket steering rack. There's no other reason why this will be a risky bet with our 2007 model with 105k on the clock, but it will s**k if I'm wrong. We'll break even on the reapirs in 3-6 months tops, and i f the car lasts another year, we're well ahead

Been battling foot pain for the past couple months and have been able to manage it with rest after playing but now today it’s gotten worse and now some major bruising all over it. Dr appt scheduled for this week.

Been battling foot pain for the past couple months and have been able to manage it with rest after playing but now today it’s gotten worse and now some major bruising all over it. Dr appt scheduled for this week.
that sucks, chef... glad you're getting it checked out.

A couple years ago I had some foot pain (bruised feels) after walking a few late fall rounds, but luckily it went away. Hope yours is quick to be resolved.

Yet another test of the Car Payment yardstick of fixing or dumping a car. Just about 30 months ago we had to replace our catalytic converter for $2k, and that one paid off. Today I gave the go-ahead for another $2k, this time for steering and suspension work, and that was with an aftermarket steering rack. There's no other reason why this will be a risky bet with our 2007 model with 105k on the clock, but it will s**k if I'm wrong. We'll break even on the reapirs in 3-6 months tops, and i f the car lasts another year, we're well ahead
I think the average payment is around 4-500 a month. If you’re les than 48-6000 per year in costs while saving for the next car you should be winning? I’m not sure if that is true but at 105k tie rods, maybe shocks, and you should be solid depending on the car. At work I have one truck just over 100k and one pushing 200k and they aren’t costing me much more than keeping them up. That said if you’re looking for an excuse to buy a new one, I can justify nearly anything.

Another covid test. At least 4 days off work, kid can't go to daycare.... fml

Kids were supposed to go back to school (hybrid, half in half out) starting tomorrow but we just got an email (8:30 at night) that the teachers all called out and we are back to 100% virtual.

DO YOUR JOB!!!!! I'm at mine, waiting on 100 customers, everyday :mad:

what kind of pain?

This should require no explanation whatsoever.
20201207_131418.jpg

New tyre needed for the car after finding out I had a puncture - annoying as I had only put 4 new tyres on in September, but where the nail was in the tyre it wasn't possible to repair

Slipped out doors a few weeks back, slid sideways and landed on my shoulder. Thought it was getting better. Nope. Made the appt for Wednesday. My first real injury in decades.

My nephew (who will be 2 in January) was just admitted to the hospital. He is Covid negative, but he’s had a high fever for 9 days straight and it’s his 11th time with a high fever in the last few months. Poor kid has had to have 7 Covid tests already.

My sister brought him to the infectious disease doctor today and they made her admit him to the hospital. He has no other cold like symptoms, but he is pale and his lips are blue. She said the doctors have no idea what’s wrong, but they are running a ton of tests and called in an immunologist as well.

My heart is breaking for them (sister, brother in law and nephew). I really hope they can get some answers and get him better.

Last edited:
My nephew (who will be 2 in January) was just admitted to the hospital. He is Covid negative, but he’s had a high fever for 9 days straight and it’s his 11th time with a high fever in the last few months. Poor kid has had to have 7 Covid tests already.

My sister brought him to the infectious disease doctor today and they made her admit him to the hospital. He has no other cold like symptoms, but he is pale and his lips are blue. She said the doctors have no idea what’s wrong, but they are running a ton of tests and called in an immunologist as well.

My heart is breaking for them (sister, brother in law and nephew). I really hope they can get some answers and get him better.
So sorry to hear! Heartbreaking for everyone when this happens at such a young age. Best wishes for all! 😔

Getting slightly concerned about how much money I'm going to end up spending on my soon to be new hobby ... golf.
Far too many nice things to stop oneself from buying...

Thoughts and prayers headed your way. Our grandson has also had multiple episodes of fever with multiple negative Covid tests. The docs suspect he may have something called Periodic Fever Syndrome. It's said to be a real thing, but not well understood. Hope he's over it and doing toddler stuff soon

Ugh this is awful. Prayers heading their way.

Thoughts and prayers headed your way. Our grandson has also had multiple episodes of fever with multiple negative Covid tests. The docs suspect he may have something called Periodic Fever Syndrome. It's said to be a real thing, but not well understood. Hope he's over it and doing toddler stuff soon

The doctors have discussed this with my sister as well. I thought it sounded ridiculous, but like you said, it’s apparently a real thing.

They really don’t know what’s going on, but she said they just ordered some more tests and she is waiting for the immunologist to come in and discuss everything with her.

The doctors have discussed this with my sister as well. I thought it sounded ridiculous, but like you said, it’s apparently a real thing.

They really don’t know what’s going on, but she said they just ordered some more tests and she is waiting for the immunologist to come in and discuss everything with her.

Great minds think alike.

She actually just text me and said some labs are back and he definitely has an infection, now they need to figure out what it is.

Hope they figure out what it is, I know how hard it is when little ones are in the hospital.

if your in a wheel chair or one of those little scooters that does not give you the right to act like and treat people like ****. sorry but a jerk is a jerk....
I actually had a women pull up on top on me while looking at meat in the grocery store and said "could you move" no please just a sour look and attitude. My response was "when I am done I will"
Now I am old and she was in my age group, miserable old sh!t. Oh and she was extremely large so I would have to guess her handicap was food.

Apparently the whole "covid delay" on shipments is a thing.
Ordered a part I needed for work Monday night, this company always uses international priority and I usually have it by lunch the following day. Check the tracking Tuesday morning, scheduled delivery is before 1:30. Check at the end of the day, has not moved from the local sort facility.
Here's the kicker: order placed 5:30PM EST. Shipped and transported 1726 km to get scanned at 7:36 AM EST at a facility 43 km from my office. That is amazing! 24H later still hasn't made any progress on that last 43 km!!!

Apparently the whole "covid delay" on shipments is a thing.
Ordered a part I needed for work Monday night, this company always uses international priority and I usually have it by lunch the following day. Check the tracking Tuesday morning, scheduled delivery is before 1:30. Check at the end of the day, has not moved from the local sort facility.
Here's the kicker: order placed 5:30PM EST. Shipped and transported 1726 km to get scanned at 7:36 AM EST at a facility 43 km from my office. That is amazing! 24H later still hasn't made any progress on that last 43 km!!!
The majority of my USPS packages have been delayed recently. My parents local and region post office has been hammered by positive covid cases. Can’t be an easy work environment right now.

The doctors still have no idea what the infection is or how he got it, where it is, or really anything about it, but he is responding really well to the antibiotics and once they get all his cultures back they will release him. My sister would like to go home today, but they really want to keep him one more night until the cultures come back. We face timed just a little bit ago and he was eating like a champ and wanted to play with his toys, so that's a great sign!

Back