Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

a little different than the Columbus city courses I was thinking of... seems like NACC is really nice. What part are you looking? a lot of good golf near Columbus!

a little different than the Columbus city courses I was thinking of... seems like NACC is really nice. What part are you looking? a lot of good golf near Columbus!

As far as city courses go, I like the Airport. Fairly simple course and the front 9 is pretty solid. I’m in Columbus but willing to travel 45min-1hr.

As far as city courses go, I like the Airport. Fairly simple course and the front 9 is pretty solid. I’m in Columbus but willing to travel 45min-1hr.
I like a few down there.
Glenross
Raymond Memorial Golf Course
Champions

Bent Tree
Royal American
Would like to play North Star

Dayton has closed Kittyhawk and Madden permanently. Both courses had been losing money and in need of renovations to make viable. The renovation cost was around 5 million for Kittyhawk and 3 million for Madden

I like a few down there.
Glenross
Champions

Bent Tree
Royal American

If and when you get to play North Star I think you'll like that...price is a little higher than the others on the list though

I like a few down there.
Glenross
Champions

Bent Tree
Royal American
Are Eaglesticks and Longaburger still open ?

I always like the 400 yard par 5 first hole...makes me feel good with an eagle attempt right out of the car :D

If and when you get to play North Star I think you'll like that...price is a little higher than the others on the list though
One day! Not that bad of an upcharge. Several good rates during the days Screenshot_20200507-185416__01.jpg

I always like the 400 yard par 5 first hole...makes me feel good with an eagle attempt right out of the car :D

My favorite. That course makes me feel like I am better than I actually am. Maybe that's why I go back? :ROFLMAO:

The back 9 has been the same since the original design but the front 9 was reconfigured about 7-8 years ago. Much better since then.

I would like to get out to New Albany CC but we will see! I have a buddy that is a member but I haven’t gotten a chance to play there yet. Any recommendations?

Westchester in Canal Winchester is a frequent stop in my course rotation. Usually can find a Hot Deal there for under $30 w/ a cart. Fine course for the price.

I don't know many Columbus courses, that's why I was asking :LOL: Was hoping for some recommendations lol

Safari is always popular... Convenient locL near friends house.

Quite popular around here without a doubt. Typically a slower pace of play which is not my favorite thing in the world but a nice course overall.

This list is fairly solid: https://www.golfdigest.com/story/sneaking-in-a-little-golf-in-columbus-ohio

Some other publics I would add:
Westchester Golf Course
Champions Golf Course (city course)
Cumberland Trail Golf Club

I haven't played Darby Creek but I hear it's quite nice.

I heard that Cooks Creek might be struggling to stay open...please note that I have no credibility on this matter...but I played it a few years back and thought it was good, definitely would play others over it

I would say early in the year all the New Era Golf courses are nice, before they get overplayed and torn up.

I went to college in Delaware, OH and have yet to play Delaware Golf Club, have heard decent things about that course, not sure of it's still a solid course

I heard that Cooks Creek might be struggling to stay open...please note that I have no credibility on this matter...but I played it a few years back and thought it was good, definitely would play others over it

I would say early in the year all the New Era Golf courses are nice, before they get overplayed and torn up.

I went to college in Delaware, OH and have yet to play Delaware Golf Club, have heard decent things about that course, not sure of it's still a solid course

I have been hearing that for about a year or so now. Last time I was there the course conditions were quite good. New Era courses are nice. I tried finding membership info for New Era but everything I have seen says "sold out," so who knows.

One course I think is good and about an hour from Columbus is Deer Ridge in Bellville.

Apple Valley has been on some top lists for Ohio and not a terrible drive from Columbus.

I have been hearing that for about a year or so now. Last time I was there the course conditions were quite good. New Era courses are nice. I tried finding membership info for New Era but everything I have seen says "sold out," so who knows.

Sold out, wow, I had never seen that before. I have only seen them during the fall when they run a special to pay for the next year and get the remainder of the current year for "free"

Sold out, wow, I had never seen that before. I have only seen them during the fall when they run a special to pay for the next year and get the remainder of the current year for "free"
It is showing “sold out” for all of their membership packages. I’m not sure why. A few years back, Little Turtle ran a special on Groupon. A 1-month membership for $100. Heck of a deal if you ask me. I’d like to see that make a comeback.

It is showing “sold out” for all of their membership packages. I’m not sure why. A few years back, Little Turtle ran a special on Groupon. A 1-month membership for $100. Heck of a deal if you ask me. I’d like to see that make a comeback.

That's a great deal for Little Turtle. I saw they redid the front 9 there and the finishing hole is a par 3 over the pond by the clubhouse. Liked the course but haven't played it in almost 10 years

This list is fairly solid: https://www.golfdigest.com/story/sneaking-in-a-little-golf-in-columbus-ohio

Some other publics I would add:
Westchester Golf Course
Champions Golf Course (city course)
Cumberland Trail Golf Club

I haven't played Darby Creek but I hear it's quite nice.

I'm fond of GCoD as it's where I play most of my golf, but agree with most on the list. Cooks is wet early in the season and doesn't drain well (at least in my experience)

Darby is solid for certain. Another couple favorites here in Cbus: Clover Valley and Northstar.

Back