Ohio & Michigan Signup - 2016 THP Regional Rivalry Sponsored By True Temper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay gentlemen,
Help me out here as I sort entries and put them in a software program.
Why would someone with an official handicap send in an entry with an unofficial one?
I ask this genuinely as I am trying to go through these.

Okay gentlemen,
Why would someone with an official handicap send in an entry with an unofficial one?

You mean 3-12 doesn't work? I'll have to edit.

Entry is in, good luck to all who have entered.

You mean 3-12 doesn't work? I'll have to edit.

No I was being serious. Just something we do from time to time is check info.
So my question is this.
If you have a real handicap that's pretty public, why send in an entry with one that is different (by a lot).
Especially considering with an event 6 months away, clearly the handicap being sent in now is not being used for anything.

So my question is this.
If you have a real handicap that's pretty public, why send in an entry with one that is different (by a lot).
Especially considering with an event 6 months away, clearly the handicap being sent in now is not being used for anything.
Better not be any of my ohio guys

Okay gentlemen,

No clue. Other than honest mistake. Hopefully...

Last edited:
Okay gentlemen,

I don't have an official, but guessed around 23.
I was going to put 47.....

So, which side gave the unofficial?
(No names, just side...)

So my question is this.

Hopefully an honest mistake or typo. Otherwise not sure. Odd.

So my question is this.

No clue as I don't have an official handicap. Only reason I could think of that someone gives something else is SandBagging or ButtHurt about their Current handicap.

I am going to be signing up to have mine tracked this year tho. lol. I have just always gone off of my round scores and used one of the free calculators online. depending on what one I use gives me different results usually within a stroke. I just havent updated mine on the side bar recently. Only reason I have even checked it recently is MD jokes. lol.

Okay guys, no big deal either way. Was genuinely just curious.

Once the weather breaks, I'm signing up to the US Handicap, anyone who wants will be able to look up my rounds.

Okay gentlemen,

Hopefully it was a typo or honest mistake since the game of golf is built around integrity and honesty! I know I checked my email to make sure I did not have a typo!

now i'm worrying that i missed the decimal in mine....

Hopefully it was a typo or honest mistake since the game of golf is built around integrity and honesty! I know I checked my email to make sure I did not have a typo!

Everyone should have just linked their caps. I need to get mine off parmuda back to my GHIN after 3 months of being angry about bermuda hahaha

25 min bump!!!

Hopefully honest mistake.

I need to get back to keeping an official handicap. Definitely did not play enough golf last year.

Just a heads up for anybody that cares, but I got a question via PM about it, so figured I would answer here.
Each person that enters, assuming their entry is done right (most are) is assigned a number. It starts at 1001 and goes to how many entered.
They are put into a random number generator (its called Random Number Generator +).
The program will then spit out 4 numbers and then I match the numbers to the names.
Its that simple.

Good luck everybody and remember if you are not one of the lucky 4, you still have some good odds going for you and the captains will be making their selections in a couple of weeks.

In the event that someone gets in and must back out, the alternate will be chosen by the captain and not someone from the list of entries today.

Hopefully honest mistake.

I need to get back to keeping an official handicap. Definitely did not play enough golf last year.

I'm excited for GHIN season to open up again. Been at the same number for months is kind of frustrating especially with rounds being played.

In the event that someone gets in and must back out, the alternate will be chosen by the captain and not someone from the list of entries today.

That's pretty cool, I like that method.

Just a heads up for anybody that cares, but I got a question via PM about it, so figured I would answer here.
Each person that enters, assuming their entry is done right (most are) is assigned a number. It starts at 1001 and goes to how many entered.
They are put into a random number generator (its called Random Number Generator +).
The program will then spit out 4 numbers and then I match the numbers to the names.
Its that simple.

Good luck everybody and remember if you are not one of the lucky 4, you still have some good odds going for you and the captains will be making their selections in a couple of weeks.

Now you have me second guessing myself that I did it in the correct order and provided all the links! ARHHH I hate/love the suspense!

I'm excited for GHIN season to open up again. Been at the same number for months is kind of frustrating especially with rounds being played.

Agree are seasons are too short. Even we brave the cold weather to get out.

It definitely wears on you. I know that mine should definitely be a bit higher now after my first few rounds after foot surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back