One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

The most critical thought I have is how easy it is to adapt to the one length experience.

I’ve had my doubts on how easy it would be, and have had a fantastic time tormenting the guys like @JB who claim they’ll commit to them... but the truth is, I love the idea around them. It’s smart, different, and potentially beneficial for golfers - and I dig that.

So when I got the THP HQ and jumped on the sim this visit, I actually grabbed the 5 iron one length setup and quickly realized that it wasn’t a huge issue to hit at that length. I suspected I’d do okay, but definitely ‘feared’ the potential issues in the short irons.

Well, tonight playing an entire round on the sim with one length, my thoughts were solidified - that if you take your mind off length in total, it’s really not problematic at all. I hit a bunch of 5 irons and PWs, and I really didn’t get that mindset that it was awkward that many would get only hitting them a couple times. It went fine, it worked fine, and I dig that.

It went fine, it worked fine, and I dig that.

I can’t wait to go one length, I hit them really well and hope it translates to more consistency on the course.

One thing I’ll definitely admit to, in my round with them, I still had a slightly different mentality with each iron. Whether that had to do with he wind/distance conditions I was trying to support or whether it was just pure ignorance after decades of treating shots differently, I can’t really say.

Loving the direction this thread has taken 👀

Loving my 5 and 6 Radspeed that I’m experimenting with. Might go Radspeed OL but really waiting to see possible next gen of forge tec.

Didn’t go all in with the radspeed but found a real good set of speed zone one lengths in seven iron length. I regripped with painters tape and air compressor. I’ll probably end up cutting them down to 8 iron length.
7e606bd7fd7455d43eecc029c4bdc47b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C3ED8F47-6581-4C8C-BDF7-045487D59DDA.jpeg

Absolutely striping my Speedzone OL up to the 7 iron (see pic), but after that everything goes low and left. My 6i, 5i and 4i all carry 150 yards with low flying 40 yard hooks.

I cannot work out why, as I am not changing my set up and I am trying to put the same swing on them all. Contact feels really hard on the 4-6i too; really solid, unlike the springy feel from the others from 7i down.

it’s so frustrating. Anyone got any ideas?

Are you hitting them thin and with a different path? Any way you could get onto a launch monitor that gives you club head data?

Are you hitting them thin and with a different path? Any way you could get onto a launch monitor that gives you club head data?

Possibly, and I may be able to check that when I can eventually get some data (not easy to do round here). Just wondered if this had been seen before by anyone in the meantime.

Since I have OL incoming thanks to The Morgan Cup I have found one huge benefit. When I take my lessons I just use my 6 iron which is the same length as the RADSPEED OL. It's like practicing with all 7 of my irons at once.

Since I have OL incoming thanks to The Morgan Cup I have found one huge benefit. When I take my lessons I just use my 6 iron which is the same length as the RADSPEED OL. It's like practicing with all 7 of my irons at once.
I have been doing the same except with my 7 iron, I ordered it to match my 919 Forged 7, 1/2" short.

I have been doing the same thing by practicing at the range with only my J15 7 iron.

I'm still debating on OL vs Vl. Put a down payment on a new SUV so had to put new clubs off. I personally think I may see more of a benefit in the 9-GW being longer. Im super uncomfortable with full shots on these clubs.

Shaft selection is my next questions. My wilson's now I just launch way to high. Not sure if that's because they are GI irons or if I need to go to a heavier/stiffer shaft.

I'm still debating on OL vs Vl. Put a down payment on a new SUV so had to put new clubs off. I personally think I may see more of a benefit in the 9-GW being longer. Im super uncomfortable with full shots on these clubs.

Shaft selection is my next questions. My wilson's now I just launch way to high. Not sure if that's because they are GI irons or if I need to go to a heavier/stiffer shaft.

I'd get fitted if you can just to be sure you like the feel. The higher lofted one lenth clubs (8-GW) launch really high and go further than the variable length alternatives. It's something you trade off for a consistent swing pattern. I don't have any issues with it, but it may be a problem for you if you are already concern about launch height

Put some new ferrules on. Got my irons looking ready for the revolution.

F90D9D06-14E3-440E-BC3F-4168508AA625.jpeg

I have literally watched every single OL RadSpeed review on YouTube in anticipation of my MC bag!
I could probably quote word for word any of them

Didn’t go all in with the radspeed but found a real good set of speed zone one lengths in seven iron length. I regripped with painters tape and air compressor. I’ll probably end up cutting them down to 8 iron length.
7e606bd7fd7455d43eecc029c4bdc47b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're gonna love them. 7i, 8i, either way they are solid. I have mine in 8i length and I honestly wonder if 7i was were I should have stayed at.

What's the general take on one length wedges these days? I currently have the Mim wedges, and am thinking about going back to variable length wedges (possibly snakebite or RTX ones)

I like mine for getting elevation & for the consistency, but I find the 56 and 60 just go really far. I also find the 60 a bit challenging to use in tight because of the longer shaft length.

What's the general take on one length wedges these days? I currently have the Mim wedges, and am thinking about going back to variable length wedges (possibly snakebite or RTX ones)

I like mine for getting elevation & for the consistency, but I find the 56 and 60 just go really far. I also find the 60 a bit challenging to use in tight because of the longer shaft length.

For my Morgan cup bag, both of my wedges are going to be 36in instead of 37.5.
I would just not be comfortable with that long of a shaft beside the green.

For my Morgan cup bag, both of my wedges are going to be 36in instead of 37.5.
I would just not be comfortable with that long of a shaft beside the green.
I would have gone OL but just wasn't comfortable with the 2 choices for loft. Ended up going VL Snakebites instead.

Set OL GW.

VL 54 and 60. Thought is they rarely get full swung so it would be a different swing than my "OL" swing anyways.

I would have gone OL but just wasn't comfortable with the 2 choices for loft. Ended up going VL Snakebites instead.
Set OL GW.

VL 54 and 60. Thought is they rarely get full swung so it would be a different swing than my "OL" swing anyways.

Thanks for your input! I just ordered a 58 degree wide low variable snake bite wedge. I'll keep the 56 degree one length wedge for now and see what feel I prefer. If I like the VL, then I'll grab a 54 degree to match.

I'll circle back to update when these arrive

Back