I need one of these in my life

We ended up ordering the Ooni Koda 16 and should have it sometime this week. Pretty excited to give it a try!

It takes a little getting used to because its so hot. Try to keep the pizza up towards the front, and rotate it a lot. That's how we've found best results.

Seeing @JB post those pizza pics reminded me that I forgot to post the last time I fired this up. For this one I used publix bakery dough because I was golfing and didn’t have time to make my own before I left. I’m starting to get the hang of this, but it certainly takes some getting used to.

View attachment 8987227View attachment 8987228View attachment 8987229

Super nice! What dough recipe do you rely on? I have tried a few of the Youtube ones with mixed results. Going to try a new recipe soon: poolish to start (24hr+) and then add more after with another few hours rest.

We debated the Ooni vs. Roccbox and eventually decided on the Roccbox. It is a nice heavy well-built cooking machine. We chose the smaller Roccbox because we figured since everyone always wants something different on their pie the smaller size oven would work well. We usually make a 10" pie and plan on a 2 minute or less cook at the 900 degree temp. As others have said it is a lot of fun and is extremely popular for backyard gatherings. The Roccbox site has links to many videos which gives you a lot of ideas. I honestly don't think you could go wrong with any of the major ovens on the market. I have a propane model since I have mine at our place in the mountains and do not have NG but rely on 1000 gal propane tank.

I did the same. I will probably get the Gozney Dome eventually, now that I have room outside on the patio.

Had the Koda 12 out just the other night. Still love it.
D0C5834F-D794-4CEF-B7FE-BE4C177C39CF.jpeg

Added the Ooni cast iron pan last month and this was the first chance we had to use it. Worked really well.

We took one of our dough balls and flattened out in a long strip about 12” x 4” ish. Added Prosciutto, fresh mozz, and basil. Rolled it up and cut them is small pieces. Around here they’re called rosettes. Threw those in the cast iron and in the Ooni.
1A63A961-9339-4E65-8A27-BBF49762D0EE.jpeg

Super nice! What dough recipe do you rely on? I have tried a few of the Youtube ones with mixed results. Going to try a new recipe soon: poolish to start (24hr+) and then add more after with another few hours rest.
I have been using this recipe lately. I know it's simple and goes by volume, but it really turns out well.

I have been using this recipe lately. I know it's simple and goes by volume, but it really turns out well.

Great - I will try out.

I am a huge Vito Iacopelli fan.

First run with the Ooni tonight. Didn’t completely crap the bed with the dough launch, so pretty pleased with the results. Homemade sauce, but store bought dough. Gonna start experimenting with homemade dough after another try or two. And working on making the pizzas a bit more round next time.

BDB92FE1-A0C3-4ED1-8BCD-7ED256E6FE5D.jpegCEEC58B5-65E9-4CE4-8F3F-17D54EE10C0E.jpeg

First run with the Ooni tonight. Didn’t completely crap the bed with the dough launch, so pretty pleased with the results. Homemade sauce, but store bought dough. Gonna start experimenting with homemade dough after another try or two. And working on making the pizzas a bit more round next time.

View attachment 9095004View attachment 9095005

Back