Oh man, that is something I probably don’t need but would love to have. Homemade pizza is a lot of fun to do with the Fam!

For the first attempt, pizza came out pretty good. I need to turn the heat down a bit next time, as the dough wasn’t as cooked in the center of the pizzas as I would like. That said, it was AWESOME! Tons of fun and great flavor. I made dough this morning and it was excellent.

That looks super clean. Love the looks of the 16.

This looks like a lot of fun to use. Oh the pizzas I could make!

For the first attempt, pizza came out pretty good. I need to turn the heat down a bit next time, as the dough wasn’t as cooked in the center of the pizzas as I would like. That said, it was AWESOME! Tons of fun and great flavor. I made dough this morning and it was excellent.
First attempt at pizza or first use? Curious big you’ve tried anything else on it.

First attempt at pizza or first use? Curious big you’ve tried anything else on it.
That was the first for this oven and my first set of pizzas. I have made some flat breads in a buddy’s oven before. It was a bit stressful trying to get the cooking time right without burning it, but by the 4th pizza I was on it pretty well.

Last edited:
The real fun is when you start experimenting with different dough and sauce recipes.

Late night, so I made a couple quick flatbreads in the Ooni using some store bought pizza dough. One is avocado, onion arugula, balsamic and a bit of gorgonzola. Second is Greek with humus, arugula, onion, tomato, feta and a bit of Greek dressing.

F9CEC318-2759-48B3-A92B-E785483E1DD5.jpeg

Late night, so I made a couple quick flatbreads in the Ooni using some store bought pizza dough. One is avocado, onion arugula, balsamic and a bit of gorgonzola. Second is Greek with humus, arugula, onion, tomato, feta and a bit of Greek dressing.

View attachment 8978959
Good lord that's fancy.

@BigDill I have the smaller Koda that I have used for awhile but want to get the bigger one for larger pizzas. What size can you put in that guy? Also I crank the heat up to pre heat for like 20 min and then before you throw the pie in turn the heat down so the crust gets cooked before the top gets overly done.

@BigDill I have the smaller Koda that I have used for awhile but want to get the bigger one for larger pizzas. What size can you put in that guy? Also I crank the heat up to pre heat for like 20 min and then before you throw the pie in turn the heat down so the crust gets cooked before the top gets overly done.
I did a 12 inch last time to get the hang of it. According to the instructions it says 16” but I think about 14 would be the biggest I am comfortable with just so I have enough room to rotate and take off direct heat. If you were to do a 16, you better be a pro at it.

Really admire the broad and unique cooking skills of THPers, to me Pizza is just one of those foods that I can’t seem to get excited about making myself.... lazy I guess
But love an invite to taste test.... paging @BigDill ;)
The pizza open looks so cool!

I've been curious on these. Really stoked to see some talk on these here. That 16 looks pretty awesome. Might have to look at these a bit more.

I've been curious on these. Really stoked to see some talk on these here. That 16 looks pretty awesome. Might have to look at these a bit more.

If you're wanting an Ooni Koda, you'll either need to go secondary / used market or not mind a wait. They're currently on backorder through the end of March. I've been looking as well. :)

If you're wanting an Ooni Koda, you'll either need to go secondary / used market or not mind a wait. They're currently on backorder through the end of March. I've been looking as well. :)
So my guess is these are legit. I’ve never heard of Ooni Koda until I found this thread. We love making some homemade pizza though.

They started as a Kickstarter type of thing, and they've just exploded over the past few years. The Koda has obviously been a hit, as they're selling as fast as they can make them. They were already on backorder, then they ran a Black Friday deal of 20% off, and here we are....3 months behind.

It started as Uuni, but they found people were mispronouncing it, so they changed the spelling to Ooni. That's why you'll see some older models with the varying names.

If you start posting pics of the way pizza is SUPPOSED to be made (read; cheese only) I'll really lose my mind.
Wait a minute, Dan is a cheese pizza guy also? This just made me like you even more!

Damn. That thing looks sweet!

I found mine at an Ace Hardware, of all places. If you order a bundle, I believe they will only ship when all items are in stock, and that could be a while. I wanted about 3 months for my bundle from William Sonoma until I decided that it was taking too long and found one at Ace. If I did it again, I would order each item individually.

They started as a Kickstarter type of thing, and they've just exploded over the past few years. The Koda has obviously been a hit, as they're selling as fast as they can make them. They were already on backorder, then they ran a Black Friday deal of 20% off, and here we are....3 months behind.

It started as Uuni, but they found people were mispronouncing it, so they changed the spelling to Ooni. That's why you'll see some older models with the varying names.
Rumor has it that the back order is not only about sales, but also a few issues and lost goods

Oh, that's not good. Things like quality control issues?

Oh, that's not good. Things like quality control issues?
I have heard they lost some goods. Can’t say if that was the missing tanker or issues with quality.

Back