Open Championship Contest & Official Thread [Spoilers]

Crap, I thought this tournament was over 2 hours ago. So we loaded up and headed to the pool. Good on Ernie for winning. He's played good golf this year and typically plays well here so it's sweet to see him win. The last I saw was AS birdie'ing 14 to get to -10 so I never expected him to crap himself. Poor bugger. Hopefully he'll be back in this situation again soon. I enjoy watching the guy play golf.

So, I'm assuming Ernie won it at -7? Tiger will be kicking himself.

Nice to log on and see the great post-tournament analysis going on here... :banghead: Don't we have a dedicated Tiger Woods thread specifically to shield us from this type of garbage?

Going into today I was fine with the idea of Adam Scott collapsing, but to see him hang on until the final holes was just heartbreaking. Hopefully the fact that he played so well will be a positive for him moving forward rather than the negative of choking in the final moments. Not sure if that will be the case...

Crap, I thought this tournament was over 2 hours ago. So we loaded up and headed to the pool. Good on Ernie for winning. He's played good golf this year and typically plays well here so it's sweet to see him win. The last I saw was AS birdie'ing 14 to get to -10 so I never expected him to crap himself. Poor bugger. Hopefully he'll be back in this situation again soon. I enjoy watching the guy play golf.

So, I'm assuming Ernie won it at -7? Tiger will be kicking himself.

Yep. I think it was said earlier but all Tiger needed to do was shoot -1 on the day and Gmac needed even par. But that's golf for you! Especially at the Open.

Stevie and Tiger should re-unite for one last charge, then at least I have a chance of winning one of these damn contests lol!

But then all of the Tiger fans in this thread would have to hate their own guy. :D

I love that Adam twirls his club after his little wedge shot and then he MISSED with his big dumb putter and his big dumb face. Thank you Ernie! Love it.

Sent from my iFun using Tapatalk. I should be working...

You should come to an outing some time. :alien:

What is the lenght that a putter goes into big and dumb. I think Ernie plays with a belly putter. Is that not long enough to go into the big and dumb catagory

The Stevie length

How can you say he was cleaning house to prove he wasn't a scumbag? If he was trying to prove he wasn't a scumbag why would he fire somebody for no reason? That argument doesn't make much sense to me.

Look around his stable. He cleaned house in a pretty big way after the lies came out. Stevie was part of it.

I can't tell you, something about his actions and manuerism makes me think he'd be a class a a-hole.

I just don't like him, and didn't want to see him win.

There are some ppl that just give a bad vibe and he's one of them, I could be completely wrong I apologize if that offends you I guess?

Sent from my iFun using Tapatalk. I should be working...

The irony in this post is hysterical.

You know what, its sad that it will probably always hang around Adam Scott as long as Williams is on his bag. Didn't he claim credit for winning last season? He's (Adam) made his bed, now he has to lie in. Its sad but inevitable.

Having said that, I guess I shouldn't have brought it up, for which I am sorry (I don't guess, I shouldn't have. End of.)

It shouldn't overshadow the brilliant golf on offer today. So if we can, let's move on...

What about that Ernie eh?

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

You must have really hated Tiger Woods when Stevie was on his bag. I mean with the camera throwing, the yelling at fans and the constant clowning that the guy did, it must have really made you hate Tiger Woods.

Callaway RAZR Fit Driver, 8.5°
Callaway X-TOUR FW (15.0)
Callaway RAZR X Muscleback Irons (5-9, PW)
Callaway X Utility Prototype (18°, 21°, 24°)
Callaway JAWS Wedges (52°, 60°)
Odyssey White Hot XG #1 Belly Putter
Callaway HEX Black Tour Golf Ball

You must have really hated Tiger Woods when Stevie was on his bag. I mean with the camera throwing, the yelling at fans and the constant clowning that the guy did, it must have really made you hate Tiger Woods.

Hate is a strong word. I disliked him. Still do (although I respect his accomplishments. I'm a Phil fan btw). But what is it with people on here and their over the top fan-boyism (for lack of a better word)? Is that what you're alluding to? It's moronic in my view, but that's just my view

EDIT: And just to add, I don't like or dislike a player because of who's on their bag, but the company you keep (or in this case, employ) does reflect on you

I wish I'd stayed home and watched this instead of golfing.

Hate is a strong word. I disliked him. Still do (although I respect his accomplishments. I'm a Phil fan btw). But what is it with people on here and their over the top fan-boyism (for lack of a better word)? Is that what you're alluding to? It's moronic in my view, but that's just my view

That is what sports does. Fan is short for fanatic. Its about good vs evil in the eye of the beholder. The views of some fans are ironic, coincidental, delusional, clouded, and so many other things, but that is what sports does.

But then all of the Tiger fans in this thread would have to hate their own guy. :D

You should come to an outing some time. :alien:

The Stevie length

Look around his stable. He cleaned house in a pretty big way after the lies came out. Stevie was part of it.

The irony in this post is hysterical.

Wasn't doubting he cleaned house, but the reason that TBT gave just didn't make sense.

I would of liked to see a playoff between Adam and Ernie. Watching Tiger's press conference, he had the right number picked out to tie or win, but couldn't get it there Unfortunate to see Gram fall back after playing so well, but that's golf. On to the PGA Championship

Any one know when they'll release the payout numbers?

Looks like a great bag to me!

Well, heres what I have so far:

1. Ernie Els: $1,413,569
2. Adam Scott: $808,069
T3. Tiger Woods: $520,583

That puts me at $2,742,221 + whatever Fowler earned (guessing less than 50 grand). So right at 2.8 million probably. Don't think that's good enough, but probably close.
Your chances have to be darn good.

edit: By my quick math, anyone who didn't pick both Els and Scott is automatically out.

I think that's right, anyway - I haven't really slept for 4 days. Either way, awesome picks. Before the tournament started I would have bet a lot of money that Els would miss the cut before he won the whole thing.

Last edited:
*knuckles* for having an almost great team haha

Thanks, I was feeling pretty good, but Rose just screwed my team over, the sad part was I was deciding between him and Scott, made the wrong call for sure!!!

Bummer, had a good team and all finished well. But, without Els nor Scott, there is no shot at winning.

Your chances have to be darn good.

edit: By my quick math, anyone who didn't pick both Els and Scott is automatically out.

I think that's right, anyway - I haven't really slept for 4 days. Either way, awesome picks. Before the tournament started I would have bet a lot of money that Els would miss the cut before he won the whole thing.

Yeah, having both #1 and #2 pretty much seals the deal. Nice picks!

Oh mah gawd, I just caught up with this. Now I have to wait 4 hours for the replay and catch that. I buggered off to the course with about 7 holes to play figuring it was a done deal.

Tremendous stuff for Ernie, given his woes with the putter earlier this year. And the part of the Open I did see gave no indication Scott would crack. Wow.

I don't like them celebrating a 2nd place finish.

But you do open yourself up to debate when you say a very polarizing statement like that.

How is someone saying they don't like second place being celebrated a polarizing argument? If that's a polarizing argument then the debate I just had with a co-worker about what brand of coffee to buy for the office must've been a battle to the death...with spears.

Mountain meet molehill.

Watching the replay now.

What was stupid Tiger doing during that bunker debacle.

Don't forget :kbs: Tour X shafts!

I had Tiger, Gmac, Kuchar, and Padraig as my picks. They all looked good after the third round with the exception of Padraig, and they all went backwards in the last round. Oh well, hopefully we get to do more contest like this.

Bahester great picks! That has to be the winning team

Back