Opinions on wearing your hat backwards on course

MTC82

Reaction score
Handicap
I often wear my hat backwards when I golf, cause for one I don't like seeing the bill when I swing, and for another I just like to get a little color on my otherwise pale face. So my question is, do you think it looks unprofessional or something that shouldn't be done? Or is it something that really doesn't matter one way or another?

Doesn't phase me if there isn't a course rule.

I watched one of the classiest golfers I know play a round at the MC with one backwards (Trout) and he respects the hell out of the game.

Now, Cookie and I would have been shot for that at Mr. Hogan's course Shady Oaks.

I'm not a huge fan of the look but as Jman said if the course doesn't have a problem with it then neither do I.

Not a fan of it (and I used to wear a backwards hat almost daily for everything else).

If the course is ok with it, its fine. If it isn't ok with it, then its not.... now if only someone would do something about those flat brim hats LOL.

Wear it how you like, unless it isn't permitted per the course rules.

Don't care, your style is your style.

Now those Loudmouth pants.....ugghhhh.

I watched one of the classiest golfers I know play a round at the MC with one backwards (Trout) and he respects the hell out of the game.

Now, Cookie and I would have been shot for that at Mr. Hogan's course Shady Oaks.

Trout was what I first thought about. Dude rocks a backwards hat and respects the game. As long as there isn't a rule do it. Doesn't bother me at all

As long as the bill is at 12 or 6 O'clock I'm cool with it.

Don't really care on how anyone wears their hat. Your choice, just as it is your choice to wear what style hat you want. If course has rules against it, then might different. Otherwise do what you like.

Thanks for the responses guys. I know it's a look that I don't sport off the course and I too think it looks kind of stupid, but I feel naked golfing without a hat on and I don't want to have that wicked farmers tan on my forehead like some golfers have, so I wear it backwards alot. As far as I know though none of the courses I've played had rules against it.

It's a hat, wear the damn thing how ever you want to. We have bigger fish to fry when it comes to respecting the game.

I'm not a fan of it.

But I also want everyone to get off of my lawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of it.

But I also want everyone to get off of my lawn.

You're that guy! Either that you're like Mr Wilson on Denis the Menace

Doesn't bother me. Hell, I've worn jeans a couple times, only because I don't have golf slacks and it was pretty cold.

On occasion I wear a hat backwards to get some extra sun on my face. I haven't ever had someone say anything to me about it.

I think it depends a lot more on the rest of the attire. There's a place for it, sure... Not sure why someone would wear a hat backwards when the whole point is to block sun from the eyes, but hey, to each their own.

Dress course appropriate, and you're good in my books.

Since I'm old don't understand it and think everyone should know better, any time, any where. Would not take my grandson with me with a backward cap.

I think judging a hats orientation is ludicrous. Maybe it's a cloudy day but still hot and you don't need the bill to block the sun, but the hat still provides sweat absorption/protection for your eye. Maybe it's just how someone likes the wear it, either way as long as they fix pitch marks on the green and replace divots I really don't care what the person looks like

No issues here. This guy makes it look good:

Your head, your hat, don't care what you do with the them.

I suspect Marc will finance a summer home with that look during the 2015 golf season.

As long as you're within the appropriate rules of attire for that course, then that's fine with me.

Saw the title and came in to post exactly this!

Back