Opinions on wearing your hat backwards on course

I don't care what people wear to the course or how the wear it.

I never wear it backwards during the round. Range sessions all day long but when I'm playing I'm wearing it forward. As soon as the hat comes off and the handshake is over at the end of the round it's on backwards tho.

Not my style but I have no problem with others doing it.

If I have a hat on, it will never be backwards. If I'm trying to get some sun, I'll just go with no hat.

I don't wear mine backwards on the course, I don't have a problem if anyone else does either. Too each their own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks retarded in my opinion. The point of a hat is to protect your face from the sun, not the back of your neck!!! Just my opinion.

Doesn't phase me if there isn't a course rule.

I watched one of the classiest golfers I know play a round at the MC with one backwards (Trout) and he respects the hell out of the game.

Now, Cookie and I would have been shot for that at Mr. Hogan's course Shady Oaks.

I suspect Marc will finance a summer home with that look during the 2015 golf season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw the title and came in to post exactly this!

I don't mind it at all after watching Trout Bum completely tear it up at the Morgan Cup rocking it backwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, after a really crappy day you guys just made my day, thank you.

The reason I wore my hat backwards is because they sent me the wrong hats, and instead of not wearing them at all which I could have done I asked the Cobra rep if it was cool if I wore it backwards since I looked like a turtle with it forward and she said yes, wear it any way you want and wear it proudly, I did.

I get that not a lot of folks dig it, heck I didn't until the last year or so. I am discovering that there are a lot more important things in life to pay attention to other than what somebody plays, what somebody wears, how they wear their hat, or how beautiful or ugly their swing is. I've found a lot more value in finding out about the person and enjoying who they are rather than living off stereotypes, judgement is exhausting and Phucks up my game. be happy!

Furyk did it on #18 at East Lake a few years ago so why not? Doesn't bother me a bit if someone rocks the backward hat on the course.

That was one hole at an important moment in time. I don't think for one second the tour(s) would ever allow it full time. Like others have said, if not an issue with the course rules, then do your own thing although it is not something I would do.

am thinking about rocking my black and white cammo bandana this year on the course
:bananadance:

I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as there is no local course rule and you give me 2 extra strokes :D

I couldn't care less how people wear their hats, but I do know that some people can pull of a backward hat and some don't. Puttin4Bird, my man Jake is THE master of the backwards hat action, but so many are not.

really doesn't matter one way or another to me

I wouldn't do it, but I sure wouldn't have a problem with anyone who did unless there was a course prohibition against it. And I doubt I'll have the game to play at a course like that anytime soon!!

I don't do it personally. I have no problem either way.
My club does not allow it.

I guess It depends on whether or not I was looking to add 10 more yards to a club or not.

As long as they act like a golfer, no problem. But, if they look, and act like a lost Rapper that stumbled onto the course, and just wants to get loaded, NO.

I do think it's neat the way some of the guys wear a Ben Hogan backwards and it looks like a beret. Samual L. Jackson does this.

Jack

Furyk did it on #18 at East Lake a few years ago so why not? Doesn't bother me a bit if someone rocks the backward hat on the course.

Haha, it was a little different circumstances though and it's not like he wore it that way the whole time.

I used to do it back in college when I wore glasses while golfing. My contacts always dried out and were super uncomfortable in general...But I always wanted a hat to help keep the sun off of my neck and head (thin hair). It may not have looked the best, but it served it's purpose. Now that I had lasik done a while back, it's always straight forward.

I don't care how someone wears their hat. I just care that they are respectful to myself and the course.

Totally against it. See avatar.

I dont really mind, but everytime I see a hat worn backwards, I think of this picture

common-sense-fail-sunglasses.jpg

I do not care if you wear it backwards, sideways or normal.

Hat Backwards Guy - Major douche look both on and off the course.

Doesn't bother me a bit. Golf needs more new players, and I would prefer they aren't scared off by stuffy traditionalists.

Back