Yeah the PB2 works great. Fresh blueberries and frozen raspberries have been the fruits that I have found to work best in them. And putting them in when you mix everything together vs in the morning has been best for me as well.
Bought some frozen raspberries and a few others to try in there, definitely going to put them in when I mix it.

The more I read about the benefits to oatmeal in the morning, the more I'm excited to find a couple go to recipes of these.

Went thru all the effort to make two jars of overnight oats last night, and left it in the fridge. Guess I will have them for dinner.

Overnight oats are basically oatmeal that, instead of getting the oats tender from boiling, you let milk (or other liquid) seep into them overnight. You can add other items to change texture or flavor as well.

If you're pressed for time just throw the oats into a bowl and pour a bit of milk on them (or whatever is your thing) and have at it. That's why God gave you molars. :neutral:

1/2c oats, 1/2c greek yogurt, 1/2c unsweet almondmilk, 1/2c forzen raspberries, 2tbs of PB2 Chocolate, and splenda to taste.

AWE. SOME.

I'm hooked.

I might have to retry a few of these recipes with the PB2 but never tried it before. I'm interested as regular peanut butter never seems to separate out for me so I just get a big glob. I heard its good in smoothies too. Need to get back into making these nightly. Way too lazy to make breakfast and these are perfect for being on the go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally had my overnight oats ... they were good. Simply mixed oats with vanilla almond milk, greek yogurt, and some blue berries. Nick saw me pull it out of the fridge this morning and insisted on eating some, and he would have eaten much more if I didn't need to get him out the door and to daycare before my round (don't worry, he didn't go hungry, they feed them as soon as they come in the door). Going to try to mix it a up bit tonight. Might give peanut butter a whirl but it sounds like I will probably need to blend it with the almond milk and greek yogurt before adding to the oats.

I might have to retry a few of these recipes with the PB2 but never tried it before. I'm interested as regular peanut butter never seems to separate out for me so I just get a big glob. I heard its good in smoothies too. Need to get back into making these nightly. Way too lazy to make breakfast and these are perfect for being on the go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PB2 is fantastic. I don't care for it reconstitute w/ water, but in things its awesome. I actually mix it WITH my sugar free jelly for PB&J's and it tastes great that way, and brings the calorie count WAY down at 45 cals for 2 tbs.

PB2 is fantastic. I don't care for it reconstitute w/ water, but in things its awesome. I actually mix it WITH my sugar free jelly for PB&J's and it tastes great that way, and brings the calorie count WAY down at 45 cals for 2 tbs.
sugar free jelly just got added to the grocery list. i honestly didnt know that existed and i love pb&j. thanks!

My favorite yet.

1/2c Oats
1/2c Almond Milk (unsweet)
1/2c Greek Yogurt
1/2 Tbs Chia seeds
1 smashed (w a fork) over-ripe bannana
1/2 Tbs Vanilla

Oh my.

So question...do you use regular oats or steel cut? and do you use the regular oats or quick oats for these recipes?

I eat a bowl of oatmeal pretty much every day (M-F) for breakfast anyways so I might try these out as an alternative.

So question...do you use regular oats or steel cut? and do you use the regular oats or quick oats for these recipes?

I eat a bowl of oatmeal pretty much every day (M-F) for breakfast anyways so I might try these out as an alternative.

I use old fashioned oats myself. Non-instant.

I use old fashioned oats myself. Non-instant.

I don't think steel cut would work for this. I suspect it would still be crunchy in the morning.

I don't think steel cut would work for this. I suspect it would still be crunchy in the morning.

Actually from what I have read you can use steel cut. BUT you have to microwave them for 3 mins first then put in the fridge immediately in a sealed container. I haven't tried it yet, but I did find a recipe online last night for it.

Since I'm traveling for work again, I figured I would give these a shot. Last night I made four of them and tossed them in the cooler. I threw together some ingredients haphazardly and ended up going with 1/2 cup of oats; 1/2 tbsp of chia seeds; 1/2 tbsp of PB2; 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt; 1/2 cup of almond milk; and a handful of frozen strawberries. I ate it today when I finally got to work and I loved it.

I threw the other three in a cooler (now in my hotel fridge) and I'm looking forward to some "vanilla/banana" tomorrow.

Just made some for tomorrow. 1/3 cup almond / coconut milk, 1/3 plain Greek yogurt, 1/3 cup of oats, frozen raspberries and fresh blueberries. Quickly becoming my favorite. Frozen raspberries are the best but oddly enough fresh blueberries work better than Frozen blueberries.

So damn good. I added an 1/8 teaspoon of Nutella this morning just because.

ed19491a1918f904c0364f2a6bdf2c93.jpg

I need to actually get back into this. While we currently start the morning off with a smoothie of some type, this would be a great mid morning snack.

My favorite is still the one w/ a mashed up banana in it.

Still eating one of these every morning for breakfast, SO filling.

My favorite is still the one w/ a mashed up banana in it.

Still eating one of these every morning for breakfast, SO filling.
They really are filling. I got to work around 10:00 am yesterday after a 4 hour drive and ate my oats as soon as I arrived…then never even considered eating lunch until about 4:00 as that's how full I was.

Went with the mashed banana one this morning. I'm a huge fan.

My favorite oats recipe is Hot Quinoa and Oat Cereal with Goji Berries. I used to prepare it once in a while for my kids and they love it. The recipe is a simple one with a few ingredients including goji berries. You can use any dried fruit, but I would prefer goji berries because of its health benefits and I got it from Giddy Yoyo in Canada.
The recipe is as follows
-½ cup oats
-½ cup of rinsed quinoa
-½ cup dried goji berries
-½ teaspoon cinnamon, pepper
-peanut butter
Cooking these ingredients in the normal ways you usually do and if you like then top it with some peanut butter. It will add some flavour to the oats.

Been going with black cherry overnight oats the last few days. So so so so so yummy.

Been going with black cherry overnight oats the last few days. So so so so so yummy.

OK, I confess to being a tad skeptical about this particular food trend. But I did give it a try and will admit you might be onto something. However, with the cooler months setting in I'll likely revert back to the cooked variety.

That being said, I still say you can just throw some oats in a bowl with a little milk, and have at it.

My current favorite recipe:

1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
Frozen raspberries
Flesh blueberries

88a88e7faba718e9ac112446113e6b8f.jpg

Recipe please.
1/2 oats
1/2 Greek yogurt
1/2 Almond Milk - unsweet
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbs PB2 chocolate-peanut
1tsp chia seeds
1c frozen black cherries (or as close as I can get because of the size)

And I usually do a few drops of liquid Splenda before putting it in overnight. The cherries are rich, but its so so so filling.
OK, I confess to being a tad skeptical about this particular food trend. But I did give it a try and will admit you might be onto something. However, with the cooler months setting in I'll likely revert back to the cooked variety.

That being said, I still say you can just throw some oats in a bowl with a little milk, and have at it.
My wife actually warms hers up in the jar every morning, easy peasy!

Back