Paint Fill Tools

Edit: oh, vokeys have a more reflective finish right?
For the MD2s I have the satin chrome. So I have to polish it to shiny, mask, and then blast it back to satin

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Right. I masked off the parts that are still shiny, so with you giving yours a quick polish I think that'll turn out great. Looking forward to seeing your finished product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

absolutely stunning

I use 80 grit glass beads which I'm really pleased with. I don't know much about the grits because I've never sandblasted before, but it's been great for clubs and tumblers. As for polishing, that never even crossed my mind, but I'll probably try that next time. I took advantage of the CPO sale and grabbed some black MD3's and I'm like a kid before Christmas just so I can experiment more lol here's how my chrome turned out
dfb1b6ec6a41aad830d34ff2e8bc3691.jpg

Looks awesome tnHacker!!

I use 80 grit glass beads which I'm really pleased with. I don't know much about the grits because I've never sandblasted before, but it's been great for clubs and tumblers. As for polishing, that never even crossed my mind, but I'll probably try that next time. I took advantage of the CPO sale and grabbed some black MD3's and I'm like a kid before Christmas just so I can experiment more lol here's how my chrome turned out
dfb1b6ec6a41aad830d34ff2e8bc3691.jpg

How did you apply your stencil?

Pretty positive I'm stamping WWRFCD on my 60*.

For those who've never followed any of #TheGrandaddy, that stands for "What Would Roger Fu*$#@ng Cleveland Do"

How did you apply your stencil?

My wife has a Cricut so she makes the sticker for me and I stick it on there for an outline.

Thanks, that's exactly what I had considered doing (I have a larger vinyl cutter,) but I was concerned the beads would tear away the sticker.

Yea the vinyl holds up pretty well, but if you aren't careful you'll start breaking through. I've got a couple tumblers that have random blasted spots from where I didn't notice the sticker breaking down haha

f7699a09ce9152cfa24850829b705ebf.jpg

Pretty positive I'm stamping WWRFCD on my 60*.

For those who've never followed any of #TheGrandaddy, that stands for "What Would Roger Fu*$#@ng Cleveland Do"

That is awesome!!

When you are doing your stamping James, what do you place the head on? On a bean bag, a folded up towel?

Really curious what sort of a setup you are using, since when I have attempted it, it has been horrific looking.

When you are doing your stamping James, what do you place the head on? On a bean bag, a folded up towel?

Really curious what sort of a setup you are using, since when I have attempted it, it has been horrific looking.
Double sided tape against the anvil side of a full size vice. No beanbag/towel/etc as the give there will not keep it stable enough. Metal on tape on metal is ok because there is no movement, won't hurt the grooves/face at all.

Double sided tape against the anvil side of a full size vice. No beanbag/towel/etc as the give there will not keep it stable enough. Metal on tape on metal is ok because there is no movement, won't hurt the grooves/face at all.

How are you doing the stamping?

Also you can get a magnet. I watched a video from Anthony Taranto and he had all the wedges secured with a magnet

How are you doing the stamping?
Stamp kit and a hand sledge, 6-8 times each. Use a layer of masking tape on the area to help set the stamp so it won't slide at impact.

Stamp kit and a hand sledge, 6-8 times each. Use a layer of masking tape on the area to help set the stamp so it won't slide at impact.

Awesome. I need to give this a go.

Looks great! What size are you're stamps? I have some young brothers but they are 1/4" and seem to big. I have smaller ones from harbor freight but the stamps themselves are to small and I feel like I'm going to hit my fingers. Haha

I'm one who LOVES the bright green on the MD3's, but after stripping it, I have to admit, it looks pretty freaking sleek without it.

I'm one who LOVES the bright green on the MD3's, but after stripping it, I have to admit, it looks pretty freaking sleek without it.

After seeing you stamp your wedges, I really want to stamp something to commemorate the Grandaddy and THP. After all that is the reason why I have them. Just not sure how it would look on black or even how to do it or get the stuff for it

After seeing you stamp your wedges, I really want to stamp something to commemorate the Grandaddy and THP. After all that is the reason why I have them. Just not sure how it would look on black or even how to do it or get the stuff for it

I couldn't bring myself to do with with my Grandaddy set, I just couldn't in case I effed them up. So, they sit on my shelf now making me smile every single time I see them!

I couldn't bring myself to do with with my Grandaddy set, I just couldn't in case I effed them up. So, they sit on my shelf now making me smile every single time I see them!

That is such a good point! Didn't even think about that. That actually makes me sick thinking about if I messed them up.

Black paint is now drying in the weight ports on the flange of the wedges. After that I'll get on with the rest.

Black in the ports, the grind type, and the lines next to the "Md3 Milled". White for the snow, naturally. Then there will be pink, Tiffany blue, and green for text on the different wedges.

I'm excited.

Stamping looks great James...can't wait to see the final pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I love them.

21325d7d7c6a8faa28fd786d798f306f.jpg

Back