Not when its 40's with 25 mph winds. No way.

Plus, this fill was done 2 weeks ago Freddie! Hehe

Will paint fill work on th bottom of a driver?

So you see my avatar. I'm thinking about filling that this week....thoughts

Thainer if its too shallow will is scratch off easier? Is there a protective layer I can put on the paint?

Freddie,

You can clear coat it, which should provide some protection.I would think the shallower it is the morelikely it would chip, but you can always refill it.

So you see my avatar. I'm thinking about filling that this week....thoughts

Thainer if its too shallow will is scratch off easier? Is there a protective layer I can put on the paint?

Could def be done. The XHot is deep enough you'd be fine.

Some swear by clear coat, to me it doesn't really do any good in my experiences.

Totally blanked on getting that picture up, go figure.

Yes, it is the Createx paint, pearlized lime!

thumbnail.asp

ive heard that it is some really good stuff, but have not tried it yet. Supposed to clean up really well too.

ive heard that it is some really good stuff, but have not tried it yet. Supposed to clean up really well too.

It really does, I was worried at first when I picked it up but it really is pretty awesome.

Its a sign from the golf gods... I do too much painting in my spare time.
null_zpse920e131.jpg

So this is a very long thread and I figured it'd be easier to ask... how many coats do you put in and do you use a paintbrush or another tool to get the paint in? I like the way Scotty Cameron putters look (the 3 dots) where you see no brush marks and you have a translucent paintfill. What's the best way to get that kind of finish?

Just a quick update - I am assuming I must have had a blob of paint in my 4i sole number as when I got back from the range the other day I noticed that part of it had come out. The other clubs I took were fine so that is the only thing I can think of that happened....ah well, will give it a try to see if a simple 'repair' job will do the trick, but might be playing a round on Thursday so will wait until after that to see if any others need sorting first

Question for everyone. I am going to the store today to get some paint fill supplies. Can anyone provide an exact list of a recommendation for everything needed? Thanks in advance.

I have used paint fill markers they seemed to work really well last season, this year i used car touch up paint and still have yet to have a problem with either of them.
so you want to fill the area let it set for 5-10 minutes then take nail polish remover on a paper towel and rub really quickly over any excess around the area applying little pressure but not to much to take all the paint off then repeat to get a nice sharp color. people have also used nail polish but i have not used that

Thank you sir. Headed to the hobby shop now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368942471.934931.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368942535.601980.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368942572.051630.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368942601.068988.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368942654.718500.jpg
Ended up getting the Sharpie Paint Pens. Supposed to hold pretty well on different metals.

Gohead, very nicely done. I know pics don't do it justice but i'm sure they look really good out in the sun.

Gohead, very nicely done. I know pics don't do it justice but i'm sure they look really good out in the sun.

Man they look really good. Had some people asking me if they were special editions at the course today.

Man they look really good. Had some people asking me if they were special editions at the course today.

People always ask me how I custom ordered the color of my rocketbladez. Love it

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Just put some citristrip on my cleveland wedges to get rid of all the painfill on the back of the wedge. How long do people normally leave the citristrip on before scraping out paintfill? Just gave it a test after about 15 minutes and it doesnt seem to have done anything yet.

Just put some citristrip on my cleveland wedges to get rid of all the painfill on the back of the wedge. How long do people normally leave the citristrip on before scraping out paintfill? Just gave it a test after about 15 minutes and it doesnt seem to have done anything yet.

My Cleveland Wedges never worked with Citristrip. I ended up having to scrap mine clean. I am not sure what everyone else's experience is, but that Cleveland paint is tough.

Back