While I very much appreciate that my 14 yr old daughter plays the flute and piano very well, and practices those a lot in order to get better and is working with some great teachers, I'm not so appreciative of the fact that she's attempting to teach herself how to play the clarinet. In the middle of the living room. Loudly.

I can't describe the sounds that are coming out of my house right now...

The library is awesome for kids, we get a ton of books and DVDs all the time!

Yeah, I think we will have many a family outing to the library. Every Sunday afternoon they show movies too. Yesterday it was Big Hero 6.

Yeah, I think we will have many a family outing to the library. Every Sunday afternoon they show movies too. Yesterday it was Big Hero 6.

Good move. I've been taking my kids to the library every Saturday morning since they were little, they both read non stop now. In the summer my wife brings them all the time to the different programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did people start giving their kids juice? I read that Nick's (7 months) old enough to get a little bit of juice now, but I know a lot of people who didn't do it until well past a year old (and then seriously diluted down). At this point and time we're only giving him formula and pureed foods. I know this might help him figure out a sippy cup too (tried it with formula and he shows no interest).

Why don't these guys come with a manual?

When did people start giving their kids juice? I read that Nick's (7 months) old enough to get a little bit of juice now, but I know a lot of people who didn't do it until well past a year old (and then seriously diluted down). At this point and time we're only giving him formula and pureed foods. I know this might help him figure out a sippy cup too (tried it with formula and he shows no interest).

y son is 16 months old and I just gave him some fresh squeezed orange juice from the ones that grow in my back yard. Mixed with a little water. I have no idea when they are "supposed" start thingss. Every child is different. I have started not worry about such things and let me wife do that. We have given him peanut butter also he is fine with that also. I say try it, if he likes it give him some every now and then.

While I very much appreciate that my 14 yr old daughter plays the flute and piano very well, and practices those a lot in order to get better and is working with some great teachers, I'm not so appreciative of the fact that she's attempting to teach herself how to play the clarinet. In the middle of the living room. Loudly.

I can't describe the sounds that are coming out of my house right now...

Squidward_Holding_His_Clarinet.jpg

Sorry,this was the first thing I thought of when you mentioned a clarinet. Damn Spongebob.

I can't remember exactly when, but probably before a year old. At least with the second one. With the first we were hesistant to do anything. It goes away though.

Only thing I'd say is her dentist says with meals is ok, but in between can encourage cavities since it's a longer exposure time.

I am about to be a pee wee league soccer coach. Better learn how to play soccer really quick. All I remember from when I played as a kid is that the coaches made us run what felt like miles and even more if we lipped off. I think that sounds like a solid start.

I am about to be a pee wee league soccer coach. Better learn how to play soccer really quick. All I remember from when I played as a kid is that the coaches made us run what felt like miles and even more if we lipped off. I think that sounds like a solid start.

This is awesome!

Please Dear God, strap a GoPro on and start a youtube channel.

Don't let them play bunchball. Teach them spacing. You will score more goals and in turn it will be more fun because your team will get the ball with no defenders in sight.

Heh. It should be a good time. If not they can take a lap. I've been doing a little research on what to do with practices so hopefully we all learn along the way.

Don't let them play bunchball. Teach them spacing. You will score more goals and in turn it will be more fun because your team will get the ball with no defenders in sight.

From what I've seen, this will be the biggest challenge. It's almost like it's part of their DNA at this age. At least that is what it seemed like in Tee Ball. They home in on the ball and it turns into a big dogpile.

We dilute it to the point its flavored water. My son is 15 months now and we didnt start until around 10-11 months. Before that it was all breast milk or formula and homemade baby food. He eats everything now.

06dfdfbc1149640745caf2dde03188fa.jpg

I'm giving this Easter basket liner to someone. Pottery barn messed up out our order and just told us to keep it

From what I've seen, this will be the biggest challenge. It's almost like it's part of their DNA at this age. At least that is what it seemed like in Tee Ball. They home in on the ball and it turns into a big dogpile.

Any coincidence that this video popped up today via Deadspin?

[video=youtube;tjaO40-Ub5w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjaO40-Ub5w[/video]

Heh. It should be a good time. If not they can take a lap. I've been doing a little research on what to do with practices so hopefully we all learn along the way.
I had my first practice Saturday with the girls softball team. My daughter was...my daughter. Another girl had about 5 crying fits. Another girl is a good kid but really goofy. And it was a lot of fun. Welcome to coaching little kids :)

Oof I hope for no crying.

Oof I hope for no crying.
It was all good. It helped me and my assistant coach divide duties. We agreed that I'm taking all planning and teaching and she's taking moral support and private talks.

I think my most used phrase last year in little league was "we don't touch our teammates! Hands off!"

cfb50492be5a11779ca8ffa6f4b8e223.jpg

Funny stuff. Yea those little ones turned cold blooded when it came time to grab a baseball.

We waited as long as possible (for us at least) to give my daughter juice, then diluted the juice with water when we gave her any. I think she was about 16 months when she started with juice. My wife is big on limiting our daughter's sugar intake, so I'm not sure how long most parents wait. Did you ask your pediatrician about when to start with juice?
This may sound weird but one thing my daughter loved was carrot juice. It's a little sweet and it's pretty healthy too.

This is really a HHJJ but I'll save all the non-parents by putting it here.

Report cards. I was worried about one of them slipping due to too many extra curriculars but there was incremental improvement from an already solid place. The one who under achieved first term really put in the work and turned things around. They are both young so it isn't so much the marks but making academics a priority and doing the work. I'm really proud of both of them.

Spending some quality time at the Houston Rodeo & Carnival

6d230714fa7ee8687d5847463a93f235.jpg

8bdff074906d0fd12dc4a4f3c6b423f3.jpg

17f2fcd51f242f660d28552c71493635.jpg

Mike, we're headed there on Friday morning with our son. Seems to be pretty kid friendly!

Back