Mike, we're headed there on Friday morning with our son. Seems to be pretty kid friendly!

Dude he will have a blast. There is a kid section in the carnival and it's pretty cool.

On a side note, I love these two to pieces.
7550515c85e0b250f5de0440c5ba4ead.jpg

That is an awesome photo! Those are two good looking girls - you've got some trouble ahead of you buddy.

Last edited:
Circus fun yesterday!

Wow. Can't say I'm particularly impressed with parenthood at the moment. Our 4 month old has been inconsolable the last couple of days, constantly crying and screaming. She's turned into a real angry baby! She's drooling a lot of chomping on her fist. I assume she's started teething. She isn't too impressed and she's letting us all know! Great timing too. We're taking her to England next month. 11 hours on a plane with a screaming baby, boy, we're gonna be popular LOL.

Wow. Can't say I'm particularly impressed with parenthood at the moment. Our 4 month old has been inconsolable the last couple of days, constantly crying and screaming. She's turned into a real angry baby! She's drooling a lot of chomping on her fist. I assume she's started teething. She isn't too impressed and she's letting us all know! Great timing too. We're taking her to England next month. 11 hours on a plane with a screaming baby, boy, we're gonna be popular LOL.

Tylenol! May also be colic but not sure at that age.

Sounds like teething, Mark.

Try to look at it from her side - she's got some unknown boney thing trying to push out of her mouth, cutting through her perfectly fine gums and it hurts like hell. But she can't tell you guys what is going on so you guys are just sitting there watch her suffer, much less actually making the pain go away.

I feel your pain, Mark. Our 6 month old just had is 2nd tooth poke through. The nastiness only lasts about 5-7 days per tooth it seems like.

I just found out that I am now the coach of my son's t-ball team. When we signed him up, I specifically said that I did not want to coach. I tried coaching t-ball once, I just don't have the patience. However, nobody else volunteered to coach and since the league President watched me play baseball my entire life, he decided I would be the best option. I'm sure it will turn out to be great, but we'll see.

However, nobody else volunteered to coach .
This is how I ended up coaching my daughter's team. FWIW, I went into it with a very definite plan for running the practices in a particular way with particular drills to help the kids and it has worked like magic. Seeing kids improve is the most rewarding part of coaching and after 3 practices it was happening enough that parents started pulling me aside and thanking me. That's not meant to be a self congratulatory thing but instead more of a tip that the experience can be better based on what you decide to do with them. PM me if you are interested in sharing info (I realize you have played the game and know it - as did I - but teaching it can be different from knowing/playing it ourselves).

This is how I ended up coaching my daughter's team. FWIW, I went into it with a very definite plan for running the practices in a particular way with particular drills to help the kids and it has worked like magic. Seeing kids improve is the most rewarding part of coaching and after 3 practices it was happening enough that parents started pulling me aside and thanking me. That's not meant to be a self congratulatory thing but instead more of a tip that the experience can be better based on what you decide to do with them. PM me if you are interested in sharing info (I realize you have played the game and know it - as did I - but teaching it can be different from knowing/playing it ourselves).

Thanks for the input. I'm definitely going to need some help. I'm going into this thinking it will be a good experience, so hopefully having the right attitude is half the battle. I have played the game and know it very well, but I don't think that will help me at all, outside of the basic fundamentals. That might be all I need though, so we'll see. Heading into this with an open mind for sure!

I completely get the part about teaching being different from playing. It took me a good 2-3 years after college ball to get to the point that I thought I could teach the game. While playing, I just did the right things because it felt natural or because I was told to do it that way. Now, I know why and how I did things or made certain plays over others.

Tylenol!! You can usually tell if it's teething because one of her cheeks will turn fire engine red! Baby Motrin works like a charm as well. Get one of those frozen teething rings. Helps a lot. The first ones are the worst!

Can also use baby Orajel for teething. It comes in a swab and you rub it on the gums. Seemed to help our first little one, but he hated the taste. Haven't tried it on #2.

Or do what they did when I was a kid. Rub some whisky on their gums. Numbs them right up. :smile:

We have evolved as parents Morgan. We now understand that's just a wasteful use of the parent's survival juice :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have evolved as parents Morgan. We now understand that's just a wasteful use of the parent's survival juice :)

Whiskey for me, tylenol for little man. My son teethed late and is still going he didnt get 1 until a year. Tylenol or Motrin is the answer Target brand up and up gives you 2 bottles for like 5 bucks and it isnt dyed so no red 40.

Tylenol it is then. Thanks all.

The baby has a fever of 102. Wonderful

Tip I heard about on take off's ... given them a bottle. The sucking will keep their ears from having too much pressure built up upon take off. A pacifier might work as well. Nick went through a phase where he wasn't very happy about things ... it shall pass though. Just hold on! :)

Took my younger son in for Kindergarten registration tonight...how is the baby already that old?!?

Tip I heard about on take off's ... given them a bottle. The sucking will keep their ears from having too much pressure built up upon take off. A pacifier might work as well. Nick went through a phase where he wasn't very happy about things ... it shall pass though. Just hold on! :)
This works like charm. My daughter flew to Fl when she was a year old, and having her use a pacifier helped with the pressure changes. 11 hours will be interesting for sure Mark. Good luck, and bring oragel and whiskey!!

This works like charm. My daughter flew to Fl when she was a year old, and having her use a pacifier helped with the pressure changes. 11 hours will be interesting for sure Mark. Good luck, and bring oragel and whiskey!!

I intend to have a few sherberts for sure. Luckily BA allowed us to pre book seats for free so we have the bulk heads with the space for the sky cot so I'm hoping she sleeps most of the way. The slightly hyper active 6 year old we have though, that's gonna be tough to keep her entertained for the flight.
Also, might as well ask here, any restrictions on milk going through security? I worked in the game some years back at Heathrow when liquids over 100ml were banned, but can't remember the policy on bottled breast milk.

Dear god, coaching 4-5 y/o soccer is fun.

Dear god, coaching 4-5 y/o soccer is fun.
:bashful:

Well at least you don't have a group of parents approaching you to complain about another parent who is helping coach and expecting you to handle him. Now that's some fun. Woot woot!

Today my baby girl turns 1. I never thought I would love something as much as I love her. She makes me smile no matter how I am feeling. I love you Avie
IMG_1360_2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back