Daycare asked us if we wanted to start Nick on the children's menu, as opposed to sending him with food every day. Things like lasagna and fried chicken. I was like "Really? He's sprouted only half a tooth." and they said "Yeah, he's ready."

Huh ... we have hardly moved him up to 3rd stage food and now they're telling us he's ready for table food? Yeah, he's eaten Cheerio's, and he loves refried beans, corn pudding, and pastina and we're moving him to whole milk now, but fried chicken seems a bit much at this point. Yet, just about every kid in his class has switched to that menu already (and I can only imagine how much that'll cost us).

Hahaha, lotte has only tried applesauce, broccoli, bananas, carrots, and avocado. I can't even think about lasagna, but it sounds like a fancy menu for sure.

My elder daughter just turned 9 last week...today, the start of her summer holidays, she broke her foot (was helping her mom garden and picked up a boulder and dropped it on her foot).
She's a tough cookie; but I feel so bad for her. No swimming or going down to the beach for awhile.

Daycare asked us if we wanted to start Nick on the children's menu, as opposed to sending him with food every day. Things like lasagna and fried chicken. I was like "Really? He's sprouted only half a tooth." and they said "Yeah, he's ready."

Huh ... we have hardly moved him up to 3rd stage food and now they're telling us he's ready for table food? Yeah, he's eaten Cheerio's, and he loves refried beans, corn pudding, and pastina and we're moving him to whole milk now, but fried chicken seems a bit much at this point. Yet, just about every kid in his class has switched to that menu already (and I can only imagine how much that'll cost us).
They'd charge you more? Daycare food here is paid for by the government I believe; always assumed it was the same everywhere.

How old is he now? Could be good to go on pasta. Fried chicken seems a little out there. My daughter is four, and I don't know if she's even ever had it.

They'd charge you more? Daycare food here is paid for by the government I believe; always assumed it was the same everywhere.

How old is he now? Could be good to go on pasta. Fried chicken seems a little out there. My daughter is four, and I don't know if she's even ever had it.

Yep $1/day. He's 11 months old.

Conversation my wife and daughter apparently had last night on their drive home:

Anabelle: "Mommy can I have an ice pop"
Wife: "No honey, we have to eat dinner."
Anabelle:
"Mommy, when daddy is home I will blow him a kiss and he will give me an ice pop"

Haha so apparently, I am the pushover.

Conversation my wife and daughter apparently had last night on their drive home:

Anabelle: "Mommy can I have an ice pop"
Wife: "No honey, we have to eat dinner."
Anabelle:
"Mommy, when daddy is home I will blow him a kiss and he will give me an ice pop"

Haha so apparently, I am the pushover.

Join the club :)

My advice is to listen to people that have more experience with kids than you on that end. Obviously he doesn't need to be eating hunks of meat that are too big to swallow, but they can eat lots of things around that age and I'm sure they'll accomodate him as he learns.

We were horrified when the boy was first introduced to food. Almost mad enough to go storming in the day care office and raise hell lol. We went with it after some time to consider it though. I fully believe he would have eaten soft food for two years without people nudging us.

My advice is to listen to people that have more experience with kids than you on that end. Obviously he doesn't need to be eating hunks of meat that are too big to swallow, but they can eat lots of things around that age and I'm sure they'll accomodate him as he learns.

We were horrified when the boy was first introduced to food. Almost mad enough to go storming in the day care office and raise hell lol. We went with it after some time to consider it though. I fully believe he would have eaten soft food for two years without people nudging us.
The only reason I'm perplexed is because when I told our pediatrician at his 9 month checkup that we were moving him to Stage 3 food he was shocked and said he thought it was time we moved him to Stage 2 food, so at this point we'll have almost entirely skipped that third stage, which really isn't a biggie I suppose as the options seemed to pretty much suck. We have a great daycare and I trust them, I was just floored that he could be eating fried chicken (albeit cut into tremendously tiny chunks) before he even turns one year old. My only concern is that at nine months he was on the low end of the weight spectrum and with table food at daycare we won't be able to really monitor what goes in his mouth versus what goes on the floor and I assume (like all kids his age) he'll enjoy throwing most of it on the floor.

It's like a crime scene in there when they all eat. Rather humorous (if you're not picking it up).

Always a tough call man. There's the uncertainty, the opposing points of view everywhere you look, and then that little pull that you have inside that makes you not want to let whatever stage your kid is at go. Been there believe me.

Second one we just sort of went with the flow more on that end and everything was fine. Either way, whatever answer you come up with will be the right one. They are resilient :D

Parenting Thread

Despite a pool, a playground, a rock wall, and a trampoline my wife wanted one more thing for the kids to have to play outside...

353dbff99911339f86f3122388632e66.jpg

That thing is sweet!

Good things my kids don't go on THP so they don't see how much cooler you are than me lol. Nice work.

Good things my kids don't go on THP so they don't see how much cooler you are than me lol. Nice work.

I'm telling you, open invite to THPers to bring their spouses and kids out here. We'll go golfing and they'll be kept busy.

But if you use Target's Cartwheel app, it was on sale for 50% off.

I'm telling you, open invite to THPers to bring their spouses and kids out here. We'll go golfing and they'll be kept busy.

Gee thanks. Just sent to my wife as my daughters birthday is coming and she would absolutely love that.

Dang. My wife just bought one of those 12' pop up pools. I would much rather have had that.

Gee thanks. Just sent to my wife as my daughters birthday is coming and she would absolutely love that.

it's 10' x 18'. It also takes about an hour to fill up and you need to run the blower to keep it inflated while filling it up. Just some things to be mindful of.

it's 10' x 18'. It also takes about an hour to fill up and you need to run the blower to keep it inflated while filling it up. Just some things to be mindful of.

Yeah I figured as much. Sadly, I have no say in the matter, if my wife wants it, we are getting it. Haha

Yeah I figured as much. Sadly, I have no say in the matter, if my wife wants it, we are getting it. Haha

Funny, that's pretty much exactly how it ended up here.

It's basically a bounce house in composition that holds water. So the same things apply like keeping it in one place too long will kill the grass, etc. And once the blower is turned off, the water won't stay in except for just a little bit. It needs 8" of water in the pool area.

The only reason I'm perplexed is because when I told our pediatrician at his 9 month checkup that we were moving him to Stage 3 food he was shocked and said he thought it was time we moved him to Stage 2 food, so at this point we'll have almost entirely skipped that third stage, which really isn't a biggie I suppose as the options seemed to pretty much suck. We have a great daycare and I trust them, I was just floored that he could be eating fried chicken (albeit cut into tremendously tiny chunks) before he even turns one year old. My only concern is that at nine months he was on the low end of the weight spectrum and with table food at daycare we won't be able to really monitor what goes in his mouth versus what goes on the floor and I assume (like all kids his age) he'll enjoy throwing most of it on the floor.

We followed the stage concept for our 1st kid and it ended up being a disaster in the long run. When he actually started eating real food, he didn't have any interest and because of that he would turn chipmunk and hold food in his cheeks for a long time.

My 2nd and 3rd were introduced to real food very early and we were much happier throughout the entire process.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Kids are wrapping up the last week of swim school and both are going under water, opening their eyes and swimming to the wall. Such a relief they are learning to swim!

Kids are wrapping up the last week of swim school and both are going under water, opening their eyes and swimming to the wall. Such a relief they are learning to swim!
My kids were on the short yellow bus for learning how to swim. It took F O R E V E R. Be happy it is going well.

Ready for fireworks. Love this time of year.
6bfdd7a19e9be48ade922f50373296bb.jpg

Took the niece and Nick to Chuck E Cheese last night. Painful for me, but they loved it.

Attachments

• WP_20150627_18_45_17_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150627_18_45_17_Pro.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 0
Back