Anybody else find it odd that humans, the most advanced species on the planet (allegedly) spend 3-1/2 years trying to learn how to not shít ourselves?
sometimes I hate being one of the most intelligent species on the planet.

Anybody else find it odd that humans, the most advanced species on the planet (allegedly) spend 3-1/2 years trying to learn how to not shít ourselves?
In our defense, we can't just **** where ever we want either.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

In our defense, we can't just **** where ever we want either.

We can. It's just against social norms.

Some quick thinking overcame both kids nearly figuring out Santa yesterday.

DK if this is the place but I am going to say this here.

As a father it is hard to watch grown adults (parents from the same team) refuse to cheer for your kid when he does well but when every other child on that team does something the place erupts. My son is 6 and plays 5/6 sports. In baseball he plays for me. Not saying this cause he is mine but he's good. Plays all stars for another coach and is the starting short stop for him. In basketball he is playing on a team with a group of kids we beat in last years baseball season. The team had scored 25 points combined through 5 games. My son had scored 15 of them. They though refuse to cheer for him no matter what goes on. He makes a mistake (they all do they are 6) and he gets got on to by the coach but if another does it then its a learning experience. Its just hard for me to swallow parents not cheering on the whole team though. As a coach I never want a kid to miss a shot or anything. Maybe I am wired different than they are but more and more I am debating pulling my kid out of our local organization and letting him play elsewhere.

One of them saw a present with a tag from Santa. Started asking questions.

Yup, I can see why there was panic! Hope the explanation worked!

DK if this is the place but I am going to say this here.

As a father it is hard to watch grown adults (parents from the same team) refuse to cheer for your kid when he does well but when every other child on that team does something the place erupts. My son is 6 and plays 5/6 sports. In baseball he plays for me. Not saying this cause he is mine but he's good. Plays all stars for another coach and is the starting short stop for him. In basketball he is playing on a team with a group of kids we beat in last years baseball season. The team had scored 25 points combined through 5 games. My son had scored 15 of them. They though refuse to cheer for him no matter what goes on. He makes a mistake (they all do they are 6) and he gets got on to by the coach but if another does it then its a learning experience. Its just hard for me to swallow parents not cheering on the whole team though. As a coach I never want a kid to miss a shot or anything. Maybe I am wired different than they are but more and more I am debating pulling my kid out of our local organization and letting him play elsewhere.

Let me see if I understood this right, your kiddo is 6 and is pretty good at sports. When he does well the other parents don't acknowledge it but when others do well they do. I assume he's a good team player on top of being good at sports right now? Don't have an answer for ya other than people suck sometimes. Maybe time to find a new team with better human beings.

One of them saw a present with a tag from Santa. Started asking questions.

My mom always had different wrapping paper for presents from Santa and they never came out till Christmas Eve when I was sleeping.

My mom always had different wrapping paper for presents from Santa and they never came out till Christmas Eve when I was sleeping.

That's what we do. And we keep them at the in-laws house. I "deliver the desserts" on Christmas Eve after mass, pick up the Santa gifts, and leave them in the trunk.

I think this is probably the last year, though :( My son is adamant that there's no Easter bunny or tooth fairy, but he's holding out (or pretending to) about Santa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was for a kid that's not part of our family. I told my daughter I didn't know the parents names so I just put Santa on the tag. She reminded me that I'd spoken to that mom and her name was (insert name). I told her I forgot so I put Santa on it. She let it go.

Same me day my son commented that the Santa at the mall looked different than the one they got their picture taken with, he was skinnier and smaller. I could have gone with the standard "these are just Santa's helpers" or whatever but instead told him it's almost Christmas and Santa has been working really hard...he's probably lost weight (Okay, I may have gone with a more colorful "he's been working his but off"). :bashful:

It was for a kid that's not part of our family. I told my daughter I didn't know the parents names so I just put Santa on the tag. She reminded me that I'd spoken to that mom and her name was (insert name). I told her I forgot so I put Santa on it. She let it go.

Same me day my son commented that the Santa at the mall looked different than the one they got their picture taken with, he was skinnier and smaller. I could have gone with the standard "these are just Santa's helpers" or whatever but instead told him it's almost Christmas and Santa has been working really hard...he's probably lost weight (Okay, I may have gone with a more colorful "he's been working his but off"). :bashful:
That was quick thinking and even quicker thinking by your daughter.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Dad training completed! Put together my first "assembly required" Christmas toy last night. A Radio Flyer Fire Truck. All parts used, and nothing broken off!

Congrats Tom! Fun achievement, isn't it?

I remember the first major toy I put together, a wooden push cart with all sorts of puzzles and moving items on it for my daughter when she was 1. Good thing I was assembling it in the basement, the curse words were flowing that Christmas Eve.

Congrats Tom! Fun achievement, isn't it?

I remember the first major toy I put together, a wooden push cart with all sorts of puzzles and moving items on it for my daughter when she was 1. Good thing I was assembling it in the basement, the curse words were flowing that Christmas Eve.
Yeah, it was fun. Radio Flyer made it pretty simple. A total of 14 steps, with a few of those just hooking up battery wires. I'm sure I'll have to move up in difficulty in the next few years, but I'll take this victory now!

This Christmas, I'm becoming a Lego master. I haven't put Lego's together in probably 20 years. My son so far has received a 3 sets and Santa is bringing more.

LEGO's are awesome. We're still on Mega Bloks, but I can't wait to transition to LEGO's ... ok, maybe I can because they've gotten expensive!

Yup, I can see why there was panic! Hope the explanation worked!

Let me see if I understood this right, your kiddo is 6 and is pretty good at sports. When he does well the other parents don't acknowledge it but when others do well they do. I assume he's a good team player on top of being good at sports right now? Don't have an answer for ya other than people suck sometimes. Maybe time to find a new team with better human beings.

Absolutely. Being a good sport and team player is key. Its not just my kid though its done too. I guess I should have added that. Its slowly becoming more and more if your not part of this little group your basically out. He's defiantly going to go play elsewhere which is bad cause this is my home town. A certain group though who put themselves on a pedestal over everybody and have voted themselves in charge are killing our community youth sports program. Funny part is I grew up with these folks and most didn't have anything growing up as a child but always looked down on folks. Guess the old saying folks don't change is real.

I dont know if I have had a more enjoyable lead up to Christmas.

It is a freaking blast putting little man's toys together. He is only 2 and 5 months, and is still a little young to fully grasp Christmas, but he knows if he is a good boy, Santa brings him a choo choo train and a fire truck.

Being a dad is the coolest thing in the world!!!!!!!!!

I'm on a plane to see my girls! Can't wait to see them and enjoy Christmas with them

ee03615a9c0d2f8a7239682e55af5b11.jpg

LEGO's are awesome. We're still on Mega Bloks, but I can't wait to transition to LEGO's ... ok, maybe I can because they've gotten expensive!
Yes they are very expensive. My son is falling into the Star Wars trap. Have you seen the price on the big sets of those? They are crazy. Even some of the other sets can get up in the $100 range.

Legos rock. I'll be assembling one tomorrow with my boy :)

Legos rock. I'll be assembling one tomorrow with my boy :)
Until you find them under your bare feet.

I'll be building a couple with my son also.

Oh, my dad built this for my son for Christmas.

0222c1ebbd88ade8bdd88c67bfb4a6ec.jpg

Back