Pat McAfee, love him or hate him?

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
I'll admit, prior to his coming to College Gameday this season, I didnt watch much of him. However, I have gotten to the point where I will turn his daily show on in the background in the office and listen off and on. At first, I was a bit off put by him, but these days I have been enjoying his content.

Some of his takes seem like they are just for clicks, but at the same time, he says it like it is and just puts his stuff out there, which is a nice change of pace from always just toting the company line.

Any one a fan? Cant stand the guy?

I haven't watched/listened to him, but from what I've read I like the fact that he doesn't sugarcoat things and isn't afraid to go against the current orthodoxy.

Stephen A. unwatchable for me.

Yes and no. I can't even think about watching an entire show but he has good segments. I pretty much watch all of the JJ Watt interviews. The 5 min clips on YouTube are bearable.

Him picking Bama in SEC champ game this year by trolling UGA fans was great I will admit

Yes and no. I can't even think about watching an entire show but he has good segments. I pretty much watch all of the JJ Watt interviews. The 5 min clips on YouTube are bearable.

Him picking Bama in SEC champ game this year by trolling UGA fans was great I will admit
The trolling of the Georgia fans was great.

He had an awesome interview with CJ Stroud earlier today.

I enjoy seeing clips from his show. I like how he just calls it how it is.

I don't watch as I find him to be unwatchable. But to be fair I haven't given it enough of a fair shake to actually make reasonable assessment.

He can be ok in very small doses. Not a fan of his show.

Love this convo. I’ve been listening to him consistently for about 2 years. I loved him so much more before the ESPN deal. He’s a little more subdued now and I liked his guests better prior to joining. Still good and he is living the dream.

Haven't really watched him before. Dude needs to wear a shirt. Not sure giving Aaron Rodgers access to spew his nonsense is a great idea either.

Love this convo. I’ve been listening to him consistently for about 2 years. I loved him so much more before the ESPN deal. He’s a little more subdued now and I liked his guests better prior to joining. Still good and he is living the dream.
I feel like those that watched/listened prior to his return to ESPN have mixed feelings on him now that he is back.

Can’t stand McAfee. I don’t understand why folks enjoy him. ESPN has hit bottom .

Ok Fine Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

Indifferent

I’m a big fan

The small doses of him I watch on Gameday is more than enough for me.

Agree with the good in managed doses crowd.

I imagine he has been great for the sale of mens tank tops.

Love the guy. Open and honest and doesn't mince words. BTW he's also getting $85M...........like his crew and their thoughts, not crazy about the camera shifts though; they get crazy showing everyone's word.

I imagine he has been great for the sale of mens tank tops.
He is always standing up swinging his arms around wearing a tank top isn't he.

Man, now I won't be able to watch otherwise.

He's fine, his schtich is to be who he is being.

He is always standing up swinging his arms around wearing a tank top isn't he.

Man, now I won't be able to watch otherwise.

He's fine, his schtich is to be who he is being.
Unless he isnt wearing a shirt...

I can't say I'm a fan but I wouldn't say hate. Sometimes I agree with his takes and sometimes he's a bit over the top.

I can't say I'm a fan but I wouldn't say hate. Sometimes I agree with his takes and sometimes he's a bit over the top.
He's always over the top, lol.

Can be obnoxious, can be fun. Decent mix.

Back