Patrick Kane being investigated for Rape

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
Any thoughts on this? He is a pretty big star in Hockey. Thought there would be open discussion about another sports star possible over stepping the law.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/08/09/report-woman-accusing-patrick-kane-had-bite-marks-scratch/

New details emerged Sunday into the investigation of Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane.
The woman accusing the hockey star of rape reportedly had bite marks on her shoulders and a scratch on her leg, sources told The Buffalo News, which first reported the story.
The report says the woman claims she and a friend went to Kane's home in Hamburg after meeting him at SkyBar early Sunday morning. She says once there, he followed her into a room and overpowered her around 4 a.m., about an hour after Kane was seen leaving the bar.
The report says she left with her friend and called relatives before going to a hospital for an examination. Local police were then alerted.
Lawyer Paul Cambria confirmed in a text message to The Associated Press on Saturday that he has been hired to represent Kane. Cambria represented Kane in 2009, when he pleaded guilty to a non-criminal charge of disorderly conduct after being accused of assaulting a Buffalo cab driver over 20 cents.
Saturday was supposed to be Kane's day with the Stanley Cup, but he canceled any public events and instead spent the day with friends and family.

On Friday, Hamburg police confirmed Kane is under investigation for an "incident that allegedly occurred" at the player's offseason home in suburban Buffalo. Hamburg Police Chief Gregory Wickett did not discuss the nature of the investigation. He said police are gathering information and awaiting forensic tests.
The Buffalo News reported Thursday that the Kane investigation focuses on an alleged rape, citing two law enforcement sources. The report says a woman reported being assaulted over the weekend and had testing done via a rape kit at a hospital. WKBW-TV in Buffalo, citing sources, reported that the alleged incidentinvolves Kane and a woman that began at a bar in Evans, N.Y.

We have been discussing it a bit in the NHL thread but its hard to really comment without any real facts coming out. On one hand, its seems pretty bad and he was arrested for fighting a cabbie over 20 cents a few years back so his judgement doesnt seem like its always the best but also you just never know if the girl is just looking for a payday. Not saying she is but I guess I am just taking a wait and see approach with this one.

Some discussion about it over in the NHL thread. Sure hope it's not true.

There have been some thoughts in the NHL thread. Sadly for Kane, it's not surprising, and based on his history of being an idiot off the ice, doesn't leave much optimism to think he's innocent in it all.

I hope the correct judgement is made, and the facts are clear.

Some discussion about it over in the NHL thread. Sure hope it's not true.

I hope it's not true as well, simply because that action is absolutely vial and unforgivable. But I unfortunately wouldn't be super shocked to hear something like that linked to Patrick Kane. Never thought he was that great of a person (see cab story reference above). Now if it was J. Toews linked to this, that would be a different story.

I guess I am surprised that no one started a thread. We roasted Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice in their own threads. But nothing for this guy..just interesting to me.

I guess I am surprised that no one started a thread. We roasted Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice in their own threads. But nothing for this guy..just interesting to me.

Not really. Football is a way bigger sport and not to mention both of those guys were skewered after a video of one punching his wife in the face, and the other beating his kid with a tree branch. Nothing has been proven or no details have really come out yet.

Yea I think the NHL thread is composed of about 12 of us and all of the comments in this thread now are by 4 of those 12 haha.

Probably has something to do with the low level of nhl interest in the forum. There are about 10 of us in the NHL thread.

Having grown up with many mutual friends and attending many parties he was at I hate to say it but these allegations don't surprise me. It is a shame people feel because they are good at a game (football,hockey etc) they are above the laws and morals.

Innocent until proven guilty as always and I hope this turns out to be false allegations but if not I hope he rots in prison just like anyone else would.

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

Our threads started way before, when AP allegedly had beat his son. I think it says a lot about how we view people in sports. Kane is being accused of rape, its a big deal. But we are waiting to see the outcome before we pounce. Those that responded to AP thread were all over him.
Not really. Football is a way bigger sport and not to mention both of those guys were skewered after a video of one punching his wife in the face, and the other beating his kid with a tree branch. Nothing has been proven or no details have really come out yet.

I hope it's not true as well, simply because that action is absolutely vial and unforgivable. But I unfortunately wouldn't be super shocked to hear something like that linked to Patrick Kane. Never thought he was that great of a person (see cab story reference above). Now if it was J. Toews linked to this, that would be a different story.
Nothing Kaner does would surprise me, unfortunately. If Toews were ever involved in something like this, I don't know what I'd ever think.

When the Hawks won the first of these 3 cups, girls would post pictures online of Kane sleeping in their beds after a night of partying. Dumb on me to think he'd grow up 5 years later.

Our threads started way before, when AP allegedly had beat his son. I think it says a lot about how we view people in sports. Kane is being accused of rape, its a big deal. But we are waiting to see the outcome before we pounce. Those that responded to AP thread were all over him.

Difference is, Adrian Peterson never denied what he did and saw nothing wrong with it. Not hard to make a judgement call as to whether you think he was right or wrong. To this day, he still doesnt feel like he didnt anything wrong.

I read the post in the NHL, they pale in comparison to the individual threads. What he did has nothing to do with the level of the NHL. He may have committed one of the worse crimes there is and there are a few post. I am surprised is, I thought there would be more commentary. Especially since the NHL thread tends to quite large by the end of the season.
Probably has something to do with the low level of nhl interest in the forum. There are about 10 of us in the NHL thread.

There have been enough "hockey is stupid" comments over the years to keep me from posting additional threads about a sport that a fairly small percentage of THPers are interested in. Those who seek hockey talk always go to the thread and discuss. I honestly wish non-golf sports on THP were treated in the same way but I know it's not going to change.

Dude, people were roasting him before he was even question or asked for a response.
Difference is, Adrian Peterson never denied what he did and saw nothing wrong with it. Not hard to make a judgement call as to whether you think he was right or wrong. To this day, he still doesnt feel like he didnt anything wrong.

I knew this exactly what you were thinking and I didn't expect you to post a thread.

But I see far too often threads popping up immediately when a sports starts commits a crime and saw nothing about this.

He is a big star in the NHL and one could argue his fame spills over into the general sports mind. I don't follow hockey and knew who he was immediately.
There have been enough "hockey is stupid" comments over the years to keep me from posting additional threads about a sport that a fairly small percentage of THPers are interested in. Those who seek hockey talk always go to the thread and discuss. I honestly wish non-golf sports on THP were treated in the same way but I know it's not going to change.

I have no idea if it's true or not, but based on what I've read from too many hockey fans who have met him in Buffalo area bars (Sabres fans) and the cabbie incident, he seems like a first class a-hole.

Again, I have no idea if it's true or not, but the fact he's being investigated for a crime is a surprise to no one.

The LA Kings lost a key d-man for the entire season (and received no salary cap relief for much of that time either) b/c he was simply being investigated for spousal abuse.

Does the NHL have the nutts to do the same with Kane?

I loved the NHL's handling of the spousal abuse case against Voynov. I hope, if the complaint is legit, they do the right thing again, and suspend him indefinitely.

By the way I think Kane is paid roughly 1/7th of the Black Hawks entire salary cap. That would be a crippling blow.

In the future, maybe it makes sports teams look much harder at a players character before signing them to huge contracts....and in the players case, maybe it makes them have to sign for a lot less $$$$ if they like to act like jerks off the ice.

I knew this exactly what you were thinking and I didn't expect you to post a thread.

But I see far too often threads popping up immediately when a sports starts commits a crime and saw nothing about this.

He is a big star in the NHL and one could argue his fame spills over into the general sports mind. I don't follow hockey and knew who he was immediately.

He was a clown before off the ice and he's a clown now. Want to read about it, search out one of the older NHL threads where we destroyed him for beating up a cabby in Buffalo. Again, I'm probably speaking for myself more than my fellow hockey watchers on THP, but nothing good has ever come from starting extra hockey threads on this subforum -- We are big time hockey chatters throughout the season and it's all done in that thread for good reason.

Also, I'm not the kind of guy to fall over sports news about them being morons off their respective courts/fields/rinks/etc. People do that EVERY day in this country and it's disgusting. Does it become more relevant when a sports figure does it? I guess for some. Is there a ridiculous 'support this douchebag' campaign assuming innocence because they are filthy with a puck/ball/etc? Sure, in many cases -- And that is currently being discussed as hawks fans pour out their support for Kane.

True or not, the guy is followed by trouble way too often.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well, Kaner has been known for be a hard partier, so its possible that its true. We'll have to see how it all works out and what happens moving forward. It wouldnt be the first time that Kane got drunk and did something stupid.

There just isn't enough out there on this yet they're keeping it pretty locked down.

Can't rush to judgement on this but I see this going the way of Greg Hardy/ Kobe Bryant either way Kaner is paying her a substantial amount of money to go away...

No matter what way this turns out I won't be surprised, which is sad. If he's guilty, I won't be surprised. If this girl is just going for a money grab, I won't be surprised. How sad is that for our society?

Quoting one of Dan's posts with an article in it from the NHL thread as I think the article has some good points.

This Patrick Kane story is breeding some rather interesting commentary, and this piece does a nice job of slapping the wrists of the blind faithers who want Kaner in a jersey in a couple months.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/08/07/baffoe-patrick-kane-is-not-your-friend/

Either way, this dude is right. Fans as a whole are insane.

He is a bit of a dbag and a lot of the guys I k ow bag home who are hockey players don't really like the dude. Still not a lot of details and hopefully if he did it then he gets the punishment he deserves.

He is a bit of a dbag and a lot of the guys I k ow bag home who are hockey players don't really like the dude. Still not a lot of details and hopefully if he did it then he gets the punishment he deserves.

I would be more shocked if he DID get punished the way an average American would. Even if all the facts were right there.

Back