Patrick Reed and 2 stroke penalty

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you mean kind of like, figjam at us open at Shinnecock
The difference I draw there is that Phil knew exactly what he was doing, knew he was going to be penalized for it, and didn't care. He was doing it to make a point about the ridiculous playing conditions, not trying to improve his lie or better his score. As far as I recall, he never for one second pretended that he didn't mean to do it or didn't know it was against the RoG.

Sure, Reed is going to draw more suspicion and scrutiny than the average PGA Tour player because he's got a history of being a thief and a cheater and all around not a good dude. IMO, that's as it should be. There's not much question that Tiger cheated at Augusta too, but he didn't draw near the heat because 1) He's a fan and media darling, and 2) He doesn't have a history of being a cheat (at least not at golf, anyway). :ROFLMAO:

Pros have talked about cheating on Tour, yet it seems no one gets called out for it. I suppose it is like cheating in recreational golf tournaments...no one wants to be a snitch, yet they don't like the cheating either.

The thing I don't get about Reed is he had to know Kostis was nearby watching him, and in the latest incident he had to know there was a camera him.

Peter Kostis interview on podcast very enlightening.....Reed the cheat...I was pretty pro Reed Not anymore.

Back