PGA President Calls Poulter "Lil Girl"

So none of your friends have ever said to you "don't be a girl " or better yet "don't be a bi***"?

I can't count how many times I have been called that . I guess people just grow up in different situations .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, I'm just sharing her feelings. I have no issue with it. Just funny how people look at things. I've been called worse and I'm still rockn at 44

Dude, I'm just sharing her feelings. I have no issue with it. Just funny how people look at things. I've been called worse and I'm still rockn at 44

Fair enough dude and she's more than entitled to her opinion I just don't understand it and I can't say I agree . That's what makes us human though

I like him calling out Poulter. Im not one to get overly PC on stuff like this so what he said doesn't bother me at all.

IMHO, if someone is offended by a "little girl" comment directed from one man to another, it is because certain groups (including the media) have brainwashed certain people/groups into believing that they are supposed to be offended.

P.S. I guess if you say "man up" to another guy, that's also gender insensitive. Also, "grow a pair."

I watch the golf channel a lot and there over coverage of this lead me to switch channels today. I think Poulter is a mediocre golfer at best that just manages to play his best golf in the Ryder Cup the guy doesn't have the game to win a major and I have no idea why anyone would want to buy his book, but I suppose this will put more money in his pocket some how. I don't care for Nick Faldo either and his comments in relation to Sergio on his losing Ryder Cup team were uncalled for so I have no idea why Ted Bishop would defend the guy. Lets face it Faldo is an ASS and so is Poulter. Ted Bishop is out now and its a sad thing that his comment will tarnish his reputation this way. I guess its just another way for the media to stay busy throwing gas on a fire. I wonder who will call me out the next time I call one of my buddies Alice for leaving one short. It amazes me how fired up some of the women on the golf channel got over this knowing full well what the guy meant and it had nothing to do with demeaning women.

I wonder who will call me out the next time I call one of my buddies Alice for leaving one short.

That's a good one. I forgot about that expression. I guess one should say, "Nice putt, person who inadequately gauged the distance or did not provide sufficient force to reach the hole."

In my book most women would not be okay with those words, given that I would be in full support of their take on it. Sort of like the Redskin name, most and likely more than most native americans consider that name to be an old slur name. Since they are the group that slur word has been used against I don't think it is a good thing to continue to use that name .

That's a good one. I forgot about that expression. I guess one should say, "Nice putt, person who inadequately gauged the distance or did not provide sufficient force to reach the hole."

Lol Precision of speech my friend! That's a good one.

My wife is 4'11". I've seen her carry and birth two kids. She is the strongest person I know. Call me a little girl, that's who I think of. And it's a compliment.

Sort of like the Redskin name, most and likely more than most native americans consider that name to be an old slur name. Since they are the group that slur word has been used against I don't think it is a good thing to continue to use that name .

It is an entirely different issue, IMO, but I believe polling has consistently shown that a pretty small percentage (not a majority by any means) of Native Americans find the "Washington Redskins" name offensive.

In any event, "little girl" is not in and of itself a slur word, anymore than someone saying a teenager is acting like an "old man" is casting a slur on octogenarians.

What a bunch of lil girls.

In my book most women would not be okay with those words, given that I would be in full support of their take on it. Sort of like the Redskin name, most and likely more than most native americans consider that name to be an old slur name. Since they are the group that slur word has been used against I don't think it is a good thing to continue to use that name .

It's certain individuals or groups who are from a larger group of Native Americans that are "offended" by it. These same people who are "offended" don't feel that the opinion of others, from smaller tribes, who are not offended matters. This incident is actually worse than that because it was said as an insult, where the Redskins orginization was named out of respect for someone.

Both are rediculous and there are way more important things in life and going on in the world that should be focused on, not a social networking fight.

No that's funny!!!

It is an entirely different issue, IMO, but I believe polling has consistently shown that a pretty small percentage (not a majority by any means) of Native Americans find the "Washington Redskins" name offensive.

In any event, "little girl" is not in and of itself a slur word, anymore than someone saying a teenager is acting like an "old man" is casting a slur on octogenarians.

Whoa Whoa Whoa! You can't be calling us old guys octogenarians. WTF is an octogenarian anyways ?

An octogenarian is someone who is between 80 and 90. (Age, that is, not golf score.)

Whoa Whoa Whoa! You can't be calling us old guys octogenarians. WTF is an octogenarian anyways ?

Someone with a numb hip

just saw this bishop thing. sounds like they just wanted a reason to remove him. regardless, boo on you pga. nothing he said was offensive.

It's certain individuals or groups who are from a larger group of Native Americans that are "offended" by it. These same people who are "offended" don't feel that the opinion of others, from smaller tribes, who are not offended matters. This incident is actually worse than that because it was said as an insult, where the Redskins orginization was named out of respect for someone.

Both are rediculous and there are way more important things in life and going on in the world that should be focused on, not a social networking fight.

This typo is spectacular!

An entire episode of Golf Central talking about this. Guess I'm flipping over to MLB network for WS highlights

So none of your friends have ever said to you "don't be a girl " or better yet "don't be a bi***"?

I can't count how many times I have been called that . I guess people just grow up in different situations .

Hell I've said don't be a little girl to my wife and she laughs about it. A woman I have nothing but respect and admiration for.

I think this is exactly the point though... your friends are saying that to show you that they view you as inferior in that moment, that you're less and they're more. A guy in Bishop's position should always be aware of what he is saying and doing as he is trying to grow the game of golf, not thin it out. While it doesn't sound all that bad to a lot of people, what is it saying for the real "lil girls" out there that dream just as big as the boys? Their skills aren't as good? They don't deserve the same opportunities the boys do? As a father of girls I can't get down with this. With that said, removing him from his position is justified, but it seems it goes beyond this which I think is unnecessary.

Sad, we live in a hyper sensitive society, there was nothing wrong with what he said, it's true... Let's continue to raise our kids in this direction of society, and look what direction it's going, Let's get some thicker skin, it's ok to fail as long as you try, get up dust yourself off and try harder, you don't deserve a participation award ,if you want an award finish 1st,2nd,3rd ..cause your entitled to nothing !

Ted got what he deserves,I mean C'mon your not 12 year old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ted got what he deserves,I mean C'mon your not 12 year old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

U rlly believe he deserves to be fired and publicly ridiculed right before his term ends and being barred from reunions and any PgA events? I really hope nobody believes this

This is why you caveat things with words like "gender non-specific." And, "I'm not saying you are, but you're surely acting like a" followed by the words you actually want to say.

It's how I've survived being an instructor.

I think this is exactly the point though... your friends are saying that to show you that they view you as inferior in that moment, that you're less and they're more. A guy in Bishop's position should always be aware of what he is saying and doing as he is trying to grow the game of golf, not thin it out. While it doesn't sound all that bad to a lot of people, what is it saying for the real "lil girls" out there that dream just as big as the boys? Their skills aren't as good? They don't deserve the same opportunities the boys do? As a father of girls I can't get down with this. With that said, removing him from his position is justified, but it seems it goes beyond this which I think is unnecessary.
His statement wasn't saying anything about dreams, skills or opportunities. He was saying Poulter's criticism of people far more skilled than himself were as rational as the rants of an emotional little girl. I have a daughter too. I get his statement completely, it is not offensive to me.

Back